Source: Tim Brennan
There are as many cities around the globe that claim to be the “city that never sleeps,” but there is something comforting about Roppongi that makes it one of the most popular night spots in Tokyo. The nightlife never ends in Roppongi and you can continue partying till the wee hours of next evening if you know your way around. So drink until you drop and don’t let the fun end just because the sun came up.
1. V² Tokyo
Shining from the top floor of the Roppongi Roa Building, V² is one of the most crowded clubs in Roppongi and strives to make Tokyo the most coveted place in the country. In addition to the delicious drinks and dishes, and the spectacular music, V² admires the perfect 360-degree panoramic view of the Tokyo nightscape.
- Name: V2 Tokyo
- Address: 13th Floor, Roa Building, 5-5-1, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Opening Hour: Mon-Sun 18:00-05:00
- Website: http://www.v2tokyo.com/
2. Espirit Lounge
The famous Espirit Lounge is well known for its impressive live music, amazing equipment set and the dazzling LED light beams of the LED high-tech ball, making it one of the best night spots in Roppongi. The club held events by famous DJs almost daily, keeping up with heavy electronic music.
- Name: Espirit Lounge
- Address: 2nd & 3rd Floor, Roppongi B&V Building, 5-1-6, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Opening Hour: Mon-Sun 22:00-05:00
3. Odeon Tokyo
One of the latest additions to the Roppongi’s vibrant nightlife, Odeon is a trendy lounge bar and night club located on the most popular street in Roppongi. Wonderful interiors with comfy sofa, neon lights and exploding sound system go well with the harmony of the after-hour party scene. Popular with Japanese and visitors alike, Odeon is your thing if you just want to drink and dance.
- Name: Odeon Tokyo
- Address: 3F Hanatsubaki Bldg. 3-15-23 Roppongi Minato-ku Tokyo 106-0032
- Opening Hour: Mon-Wed 21:00-08:00; Thurs 21:00-10:00; Fri, Sat 21:00-12:00 Afternoon
- Website: http://odeon-bar.com/
4. Brand Tokyo
A mix of house, techno and hip-hop music awaits you at the three-storey Brand Club, which is a great place to have a night out with friends or meet new people. The first floor of the club resembles a quiet Japanese diner, where one can enjoy a drink or two while having food. The second floor has a wine cellar set with a walnut-paneled interior, if you’re up for a sit-down vibe.
- Name: Brand Tokyo
- Address: ECONACH Nishi-Azabu Building, 1-7-2, Nishi-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Access: 7 minutes walk from exit no.2 of the Tokyo Metro Roppongi Station
- Website: http://brandtokyo.net/
5. Muse Club
Located in the upmarket Nishi-Azabu area, the Muse Club holds an exclusive reputation slightly over other similar establishments in the area. This three-level nightclub features a stellar bar, private rooms with blackjack and roulette tables, and a pool and table tennis tables. Dress code is not too casual and music is centered around House and R&B. There’s a comfortable seating venue where you can sit and relax.
- Name: Muse Club
- Address: 4-1-1 Nishi-Azabu, Minato-ku , Tokyo
- Website: http://muse-web.com/
6. Jumanji 55
Jumanji 55 is one of the busiest and oldest clubs in Roppongi that keeps the after-hour parties of Tokyo alive 365 days a year. Jumanji 55 is more than just your regular night club; the unusual mix of pop culture figures and memorabilia gives the décor a quirky charm that’s hard to resist. This place gets all jam-packed on weekends with locals and foreigners alike.
- Name: Jumanji 55
- Address: 3-10-5 Roppongi, Minato, Tokyo, Japan
- Website: http://jumanji55.com/
7. Cat’s Tokyo
Amazing sound system and high-tech LED lighting and projection mapping equipment make the atmosphere feels like an overseas club, with interesting yet friendly staff dressed in cat-themed costumes. Cat’s Tokyo is your thing, if you’re looking for night-time things to do in Roppongi. The real asset of the club is the themed bar and the wild crowd that frequents it.
- Name: Cat’s Tokyo
- Address: Roppongi Plaza Building, 3-12-6, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Website: http://cats-tokyo.jp/
These are definitely Roppongi’s prime nightlife spots, with everything good and bad, and yes, few of the best places to go if you’re looking for premier all-night party spots. Tokyo’s famed entertainment district puts on some serious pleasure-seeking airs when the lights are out.
Have a good trip and travel!