Spanish cuisine is known as world-class and it’s undeniably excellent. Your trip in Spain is not complete without tasting its remarkable delicacies; your Girona holiday is not done unless you tried Girona’s famous dishes.
Here is the list of the restaurant where you can get a bite of local food and challenge yourself to try something special to remind you of your vacation.
1. El Celler De Can Roca
El Celler De Can Roca is one of the must not miss restaurant to dine in whilst visiting Girona. It is popular for its vast options of wine, tasteful Mediterranean cuisine and outstanding service. Remember to get a reservation beforehand, it is indeed a challenge to get a table here where to walk-in and even a day before the reservation is quite impossible.
- Address: C/ Can Sunyer, 46, 17007, Girona, Spain
- Phone Number: 972 222 157
- Opening hour: 13.00 – 16.00 / 20.00 – 23.00
- Website: http://cellercanroca.com/
You would definitely return Girona for this restaurant. You will be satisfied with absolutely top notch ingredients, beautiful presentation and excellent service. Mimolet is flexible for vegetarian options as well. The servers are extremely knowledgeable with wine and can suggest great ones for your preference.
- Address: Pou Rodo, 12, 17004, Girona, Spain
- Phone Number: +(34)972297973
- Opening hour: 13.00 – 15.00 / 20.00 – 22.30
- Website: http://www.mimolet.cat/
Vintages specialised Catalan-based food, so if you are a local food hunter, don’t miss to visit this restaurant. The owner is very hands-on which gives its customer assurance that any problem occurs will be solved as quickly as possible. The prices are reasonable too; it falls between expensive and cheap – affordable.
- Address: C/Cort-reial 15, 17004, Girona, Spain
- Opening hours: 12.00 – 16.00 / 20.00 – 23-00
- Phone Number: +34 972 206 326
- Website: http://www.vintages.es/#_=_
Well prepared and beautifully presented dishes. Draps is also popular for its large portion of servings. Don’t forget to ask the server for how many people the food is, or else you will end up ordering too much. The wines are great too, especially white wine. Ask them for the local wines; it’s always nice to try local products especially in Girona.
- Address: C/Cort Reial, 2, 17004, Girona, Spain
- Phone Number: 872080430
- Opening hour: 12.45 – 16.00 / 20.00 – 23.00
- Website: http://restaurantdraps.com/
5. Quatre Forquilles
Take a seat and enjoy the cosy atmosphere in Quatre Forquilles, it is located in a charming and chilled street. Their Tapas and Bravas are the must try here. The service is excellent too, the chef will be flexible to any changes, especially for non-meat eaters. With its reasonable price, good food, great location and excellent service, this restaurant will complete your Girona trip.
- Address: Carrer Nou Del Teatre 1, 17004, Girona, Spain
- Opening Hours: 13.00 – 16.00 / 20.00 – 23.00
- Phone Number: +(34)972429768
Casual elegance with good vegetarian cuisine carefully prepared is the best way to describe Amranta. Vegans and vegetarians don’t have to worry about finding a place that will accommodate their needs. Amaranta serves Mediterranean cuisine, which fits to plant-based diet customers. The great service is a great plus too!
- Address: C/. Riu Guell, 31-33 | firstname.lastname@example.org, 1700
- Opening Hours: 13.00 – 15.30 / 20.00 – 22.30
- Phone Number: 972940832
- Website: http://www.actiweb.es/amaranta
7. El Balco
Love streaks? This is the place you should dine! With the wide array of dish options; El Balco cover Spanish, Argentinian and South American cuisine together. Enjoy your food with red wine by the side and tasty dessert to complete your great El Balco experience. Located just few minutes from Plaza Independencia, this restaurant is not hard to find.
- Address: Hortes, 16, Girona, Spain
- Opening Hours: 13.00 – 15.30 / 20.00 – 23.00
- Phone Number: 972223161
- Website: http://www.elbalcorestaurant.com/
Have a good trip and travel!