Source: Jesús Gorriti
There are still a lot of things to see and do in Bilbao even after a day of fun and sightseeing. Whether you choose to have a grand time partying or just relax with friends over pintxos and wine, there’s something to enjoy in Bilbao at night.
1. Cafe Bar Bilbao
Source: Jean-Baptiste Maurice
Cafe Bar Bilbao is a little cozy joint loved by the locals. Located in Plaza Nueva, the establishment houses a boisterous crowd every night. This lively and bustling atmosphere is the perfect setting to enjoy your choice of tasty pintxos and drinks. They also serve other dishes, mostly seafood, and they have a variety of beer and wine available. The staff is friendly and helpful so don’t hesitate to place your orders.
- Name: Cafe Bar Bilbao
- Address: Plaza Nueva, 6, 48005 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone: +34 944 15 16 71
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday: 7:00AM to 11:00PM, Saturday: 8:30AM to 11:30PM, Sunday: 8:30AM to 3:00PM
- Website: www.bilbao-cafebar.com
If you want to try different pintxos but you’re on a budget, then Irrintzi is the perfect place for you. Located in Bilbao’s Old Town, Irrintzi is casual and far from traditional. You don’t even have to order; you can grab a plate and have your selection of “alternative” pintxos from the bar. All the pintxos are described in Spanish and English, which is very helpful for tourists. All menu items, including drinks, are also very cheap.
- Name: Irrintzi
- Address: Santa Maria Kalea, 8, 48005 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone: +34 944 16 76 16
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday: 9:30AM to 11:00PM, Saturday: 11:00AM to 1:00AM, Sunday: 12:00PM to 10:00PM
- Website: www.irrintzi.es
3. Sir Winston Churchill Pub
Source: Jan Kraus
Located in the San Mames area, the Sir Winston Churchill Pub is one of the most recommended places to spend a cold night in Bilbao. The atmosphere here is warm and cozy, and the staff is very friendly. They have an impressive selection of drinks – they have over 140 varieties of gin – and delicious cocktails. There is no menu but the barman would be more than happy to help you.
- Name: Sir Winston Churchill Pub
- Address: Sabino Arana Etorbidea, 1, 48013 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone: +34 944 27 78 73
- Website: www.sirwinstonchurchill.es
4. Cotton Club
— Cotton Club Bilbao (@CottonBilbao) June 2, 2016
If you enjoy music and dancing, reasonably priced drinks, and a lively atmosphere, then head over to Cotton Club. Aside from playing live pop and rock music on some days, the Cotton Club also hosts concerts and events which they announce ahead of time on their website. Though the club isn’t spacious, the happy vibe of the crowd makes up for it.
- Name: Cotton Club
- Address: Address: Gregorio de la Revilla Zumarkalea, 25, 48010 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone:+34 944 10 49 51
- Opening hour: Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:30PM to 3:00AM, Thurday: 8:30PM to 5:00AM, Friday and Saturday: 8:30PM to 6:30AM
- Holiday: Sunday and Monday
- Website: www.cottonclubbilbao.es
For a more laid back evening, one can enjoy good company, pintxos, and drinks at the K2. This pub is modern and clean which attracts a lot of young and happy locals. The owner and the staff are also very welcoming so you’d instantly feel at ease drinking with the crowd. They even take photos of their satisfied patrons as souvenirs.
- Name: K2
- Address: Calle Somera, 10, 48005 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone:+34 944 16 34 50
- Website: www.pubk2bilbao.com
6. Kafe Antzokia
Source: Asier Arroita
Kafe Antzokia is the perfect place if you want to experience other than just eating and drinking. The setting of an old theater gives this club a lovely, almost majestic atmosphere. They play live music and schedule different events. Kafe Antzokia also serves three-course meals and wine. The service is good which attracts a pleasant and also quite diverse crowd every night.
- Name: Kafe Antzokia
- Address: Calle San Vicente, 2, 48001 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone:+34 944 24 46 25
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday: 9:30AM to 6:00AM, Saturday: 10:00AM to 6:00AM
- Holiday: Sunday
- Website: www.kafeantzokia.eus
7. La Terraza Yandiola
La Terraza Yandiola is another wonderful place to spend a relaxing evening in Bilbao. Guests can enjoy not only good food and drinks here but also the breathtaking views from the terrace. The area is also decorated beautifully, perfect for a quiet bonding time with friends. With calming background music and very comfortable chairs, it’s no wonder people of different ages go to La Terraza Yandiola.
- Name: La Terraza Yandiola
- Address: Plaza Arrikibar, 4, 48010 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone:+34 944 13 36 36
- Opening hour: Daily 1:00 to 4:00PM, 8:30PM to 11:00PM
- Website: www.yandiola.com
Source: elika herria
Used to be the Church of the Merced, Bilborock is a cultural and art hall. Aside from the beautiful architecture, guests can also enjoy different activities here. Events held here vary from concerts to lectures, dance to art installations. It is the perfect place for tourists to immerse more into the culture of the city of Bilbao. The hall houses 300 seats and can accommodate a crowd of 500 people.
- Name: Bilborock
- Address: Calle Muelle de la Merced, 1, 48003 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone:+34 944 15 13 06
- Website: www.bilbao.net/bilborock/
9. Gran Casino Bilbao
Located in the center of the city, the Gran Casino Bilbao is a place not only for gaming but also for dining and other events. With two floors, it houses over 40 gaming machines and 17 table and poker games. The casino’s restaurant, the Ibaigane, is on the first floor together with the tournament room. They also have a café and bar, VIP lounge, and private function rooms.
- Name: Gran Casino Bilbao
- Address: Urkixo Zumarkalea,13, 48001 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone:+34 944 24 00 07
- Opening hour: Sunday to Wednesday: 10:00PM to 5:00AM, Thursday to Saturday: 10:00PM to 6:00AM
- Website: www.casinobilbao.es
10. Teatro Arriaga
Source: Iker Merodio
Opened in 1919, Teatro Arriaga is a Neo-Baroque opera house located in Bilbao’s Plaza Arriaga. The opera itself is magnificent in architecture and very rich in history so it is a must to see when you’re in the city. For days when there’s no event scheduled, visitors are still allowed inside the theater to sightsee. They also hold guided tours.
- Name: Teatro Arriaga
- Address: Plaza Arriaga, 1, 48005 Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
- Phone: +34 944 79 20 36
- Website: www.teatroarriaga.com
In the city of Bilbao, nightlife is more than just food and drinks. There’s music, dancing, gaming, theater, and so much more. Moreover, it’s the company of the happy people of Bilbao that will surely make your night memorable. So join in the fun and enjoy a night in this beautiful city!
Have a good trip and travel!