Imagine relaxing on a golden sandy beach, sipping on your favorite cocktail and munching on an ultra-delicious meal from one of the top restaurants in Salou. Doesn’t it just sound like the perfect lazy afternoon activity? Salou is home to some incredible restaurants that cater to even the most picky of gastronomers, each with its own quirks and awesome techniques.
1. Cook and Travel Restaurant
It only takes one visit to Cook and Travel to deduce that the team behind this restaurant is absolutely passionate about food on every level. Each dish is prepared with precision and many guests leave wanting more thanks to the explosion of flavors that come with every spoonful of their food. The Cook and Travel Restaurant specializes in Mediterranean, European and Spanish cuisine with influences from Mexican and Peruvian cooking. It’s best to book a table in advance if you can.
- Name: Cook and Travel Restaurant
- Address: Hotel Regente Aragon, Carrer de Llevant 5, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 350 707
- Price: €15 – €40
- Opening hour: 12:00 – 15:30, 18:00 – 22:30
2. La Morera
La Morera is one of the top rated restaurants in Salou based on reviews from Trip Advisor. Additionally, the restaurant gets a lot of love from the local community for their stunning Mediterranean, European and Spanish offerings. The restaurant even offers gluten free options on their reasonably priced menu. Some of the recommended dishes include the scallops, duck and chocolate fondant.
- Name: La Morera
- Address: Calle Berenguer de Palou, 10, 43840
- Phone: +34 977 385 763
3. The Guinness Tavern
On the hunt for great beer and incredible food in Salou? Make your way to the Guinness Tavern for a no-frill meal that is affordable and absolutely memorable. The restaurant features a pub atmosphere with Irish and European cuisine dominating the menu. Courses go great with their featured beer, the ever popular Guinness draft, and timeless bar chow is also available to order. Frequent crowd pleasers include the nachos and fish pie.
- Name: The Guinness Tavern Restaurant
- Address: Calle Alfonso V, 8, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 650 435 791
- Price: €10 – €30
- Opening hour: 17:00 – 23:00
4. Xantar Restaurant
For healthy dishes centered around top quality seafood and Spanish-Mediterranean cuisine, the Xantar Restaurant along Calle Bilbao is sure to please. While a la carte choices are available, the favored way to dine is Xantar is via their set menu, which includes a starter, main, dessert and drinks. Some patron favorites include the gazpacho and practically every seafood dish on the menu.
- Name: Xantar Restaurant
- Address: Calle Bilbao N 3, Bajos B, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 073 152
- Price: €20 – €60
- Website: http://www.o-xantar-mediterraneo.com/#_=_
5. The Palm Tree
Sit back, relax, and tuck into European cuisine at the welcoming and stylish pub and grill of the Palm Tree Restaurant. The food at The Palm Tree is always fresh and vegetarian options are also available. Sample the garlic prawns, feast on ribs or delight in a sandwich when you visit. Of course, the day to day specials are always a great choice to indulge in, especially when it’s line caught fish.
- Name: The Palm Tree
- Address: C/ Valls 8, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 350 069
- Price: €6 – €20
- Opening hour: 9:30 – 2:00
- Website: http://m.thepalmtreesalou.com/#_=_
6. Oliver’s Restaurant and Grill
Promising quality homemade food, Oliver’s Restaurant and Grill boasts some of the best flame grilled steaks in town. The menu selection is extensive and also has a children’s sections to cater to the most fickle of kids. If you plan to visit Oliver’s, try to come on a Sunday for one of their famous Sunday Lunches. You definitely won’t regret it.
- Name: Oliver’s Restaurant and Grill
- Address: Calle Amposta 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 619 260 336
- Price: €5 – €25
- Opening hour: 10:00 – 23:00
- Website: http://www.oliversrestaurant.salou.co.uk/#_=_
7. Jack Daniel’s Place
A family style restaurant dedicated to, you guessed it, Jack Daniel Whiskey, the Jack Daniel’s Place is notorious for humongous burgers and eating challenges. If you want to have a go at their burger challenges, all you have to show up and ask for the Giant Killer, a nearly 12 inch high burger with three fat patties and a whole lot of condiments.
- Name: Jack Daniel’s Place
- Address: Plaza Europa 1, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 380 498
- Opening hour: 10:30 – 24:30
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Jacksplacesalou/#_=_
8. Uncle Sam’s
There’s nothing Uncle Sam’s does better than a good old fashioned burger and steaks. For travelers searching for an affordable joint to dine at with incredible American food, this is the spot. The staff is known to be very accommodating and sensitive to the needs of diners and management is ever present. Apart from the steak and burgers, give the Beef Tournedos Rossini a try.
- Name: Uncle Sam’s Restaurant
- Address: Calle Amposta 30, Local 5, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 350 511
- Price: €5 – €25
- Opening hour: 9:00AM – 24:00
- Website: http://m.unclesamsalou.com/?smallView=1
9. The Dubliner
Got a hankering for a nice, big, juicy steak or a sinfully indulgent burger? Look no further than the Dubliner Salou. Reasonably priced and well staffed, the Dubliner matches their fantastic grilled fare with spectacular entertainment and a varied selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Breakfasts at the Dubliner are particularly popular amongst tourists as well.
- Name: The Dubliner Salou
- Address: Autovia Tarragona a Salou 6, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 678 001 571
- Opening hour: 10:00 – 2:00
10. Thai Salou
There’s no arguing that the Thai Salou Restaurant is very stylish and beautifully decorated. One step into the restaurant feels like you have been transported to Thailand, and the quality of the food just cements the experience. One of the restaurants best dishes is the Massaman Curry, while other curry offerings are also quite well liked.
- Name: Thai Salou Restaurant
- Address: Carrer de Barbastre 13 Local 2, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 350 406
- Price: €10 – €30
- Opening hour: 13:00 – 16:00, 20:00 – 23:00
- Website: http://thairestaurantsalou.com
11. The Smuggler’s Inn
A popular braseria and grill in Salou, the Smuggler’s Inn serves up delicious food in a small but cosy space. The friendly staff and servers go out of their way to make sure that each customer has a fantastic time, while great care is put into the preparation of the food. Frequent patrons recommend the Chicken Gyro while the Lamb dishes always make mouths water.
- Name: Smuggler’s Inn Restaurant
- Address: Calle Cala Font, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 372 369
- Opening hour: 10:00 – 24:00
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Smugglers-Inn/219143124779017#_=_
12. Restaurant Mimino
Bite into mouthwatering Georgian and Russian cuisine at Restaurant Mimino. A large family restaurant in the upper city region of Salou, Restaurant Mimino sources all of their ingredients locally. The most famous dish in the restaurants repertoire is the Shashlik, a traditional Russian soup. Don’t forget to try their grilled meats, which have visitors raving.
- Name: Restaurant Mimino
- Address: C Penedes 31, 43940 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 611 284 388
- Opening hour: 11:00 – 1:00
13. The Little Hampton
Feast on British and Spanish cuisine at the cosy restaurant called The Little Hampton. The Little Hampton has been serving up crowd pleasers like pulled pork, steak pie and Sunday roasts since it opened in 1979, and many tourists and locals alike frequently come back for more of their mouthwatering offerings. Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch or dinner, the Little Hampton is a great choice.
- Name: The Little Hampton
- Address: Av de Carles Buigas 26, Local 2, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 629 310 957
If the massive line of people eager to get some takeaway isn’t enough indication to Tahiti’s popularity, we don’t know what is. Specializing in Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine, Tahiti offers arguably the most delicious spit roast chicken in Salou. Other popular dishes include the paella and grilled chicken. Tahiti’s sangrias are also exceptionally delicious.
- Name: Tahiti
- Address: Carles Buigas 9, 43840 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 380 339
15. La Goleta Salou
Searching for some Spanish cuisine classics? La Goleta offers a delicious array of Spanish food with an even more glorious selection of local wines. The restaurant is classically designed, taking inspiration from restaurants of the past, and serves some of the best paella in town. Also a plus is the restaurant’s location which offers a great view of the sea.
- Name: La Goleta Restaurant
- Address: Carrer de la Gavina 2, 43480 Salou, Spain
- Phone: +34 977 383 566
- Opening hour: 13:00 – 16:00, 20:00 – 23:00
- Website: http://lagoletasalou.com/#_=_
There’s no shortage of fantastic food in Salou. Whether you want to try local favorites and sample traditional Spanish fare or go nuts with Russian or Thai cuisine, there’s bound to be a great choice just around the corner. Our foodie travelers tip? Be adventurous. You often miss out on the best food when you’re too afraid to try new things.
Have a good trip and travel!