Source: Sam Howzit
Whether on a vacation or on a business trip, food is something that you should not miss out on. Essaouira is a place that has different restaurants that offer wide varieties of local and international dishes. Here are the 7 restaurants to go in Essaouira, Morocco.
1. Zahra’s Grill
This establishment is run by a family who are very friendly and provides good customer service. You can find this open restaurant at the roof of a riad or open garden. The dishes, which are mostly seafood, are fresh and excellent. If you order lobsters, you can choose one from the lobsters that are in the open tank. They also serve various alcoholic drinks.
- Phone Number : +21 266 190 5772
- Address : Rue Amira Lalla Meriem, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
- Operating Hours : 1pm up to 3pm and 7pm up to 9:30pm daily
- Accepts Visa and MasterCard
- Validated parking is also available.
2. La Fromagerie Restaurant
Ski time (@ Restaurant La Fromagerie in Font-Romeu-Odeillo-Via, Languedoc-Roussillon) https://t.co/5gAcOB8EDf pic.twitter.com/gARgbSoymA
— Jordi B. (@Tornadomgt) March 20, 2016
This family-run restaurant is set back from the road so it may be a little tricky to find such place. However, your travel will definitely be worth it. A couple of camels will welcome you as you enter the place. You get to have a taste of a wide variety of cheese that the establishment will serve to you. The staff are friendly and courteous. They serve Moroccan cuisine for both lunch and dinner.
- Phone Number : +21 266 623 3534
- Address : Douar Larabe Coastal Road to Safi, Essaouira 44444 Morocco
- Operating Hours : 12pm up to 12mn daily
- Accepts Cash Only
- Off-Street Parking is free.
3. Umia Restaurant
Umia Essaouira, nouveau restaurant très chouette ! pic.twitter.com/XIL6gNcz8A
— Site Paris Marrakech (@Paris_Marrakech) August 15, 2014
This small and family-run establishment has a modern ambiance to it. The staff members are all attentive to each customer’s needs, providing excellent customer service. The rates of the dishes are all worth it as the ingredients are all fresh. In general, they serve delicious food from starter up to the dessert. The menu choices are limited, though, as this is a tiny restaurant but will not surely disappoint you.
- Phone Number : +21 252 478 3395
- Address : 22 Bis Skala Street, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
- Operating Hours : 11am up to 3pm and 6pm up to 12mn from Wednesday to Monday
- Closed on Tuesdays
- Serves Alcohol
4. Restaurant Adwak
This particular restaurant serves Moroccan and Halal cuisines from lunch time up to dinner time. This is a great place to go for those who are dining on a budget or for those large families that include children. This is also a family-run restaurant where the husband is the one who serves the food that the wife prepares and cooks. The dishes are delicious and their prices are reasonable, too.
- Phone Number : +21 260 412 7905
- Address : 2, Rue de Tetouan, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
- Operating Hours : 11am up to 10 pm from Saturday to Thursday
- 2:15pm up to 10pm on Fridays
- Accepts Cash Only
5. The Loft Restaurant
If you or your companions are craving for Mediterranean, French, and Vegetarian cuisines aside from the traditional Moroccan dishes, then, you should try out The Loft Restaurant. The restaurant is small yet you can feel a funky vibe from it. The menu may be small but all dishes are nice, indeed. Professional and friendly staff will also attend to your needs.
- Phone Number : +21 252 478 4462
- Address : 5 Rue Hajjali, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
- Operating Hours : 10am up to 11pm daily
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
Parking is also available.
6. Gusto Italia
This restaurant services Italian dishes that allows you to take a break from traditional Moroccan cuisine. Most of the ingredients that they use to prepare and cook the dishes are fresh from Italy. Customer service provided by the friendly staff is excellent. While you eat your dinner, you will also be able to listen to live music. They also serve good wines. The owner will even help you choose the best wine to go along with your meals.
- Phone Number : +21 252 447 6393
- Address : Rue Charif El Idrissi 14, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
- Operating Hours : 6pm up to 11pm daily
- Accepts Visa and MasterCard
- Outdoor Seating and Street Parking are available.
7. One Up Restaurant
Le One Up, restaurant génial à Essaouira #oneupessaouira pic.twitter.com/SWpYfx0V01
— Site Paris Marrakech (@Paris_Marrakech) August 13, 2014
Although the entrance is a flight of stairs, as it is located at the rooftop, the interiors of this particular restaurant is well-decorated. The friendly staff work efficiently. The dishes that they serve are guaranteed fresh and delicious. The prices of the dishes are also reasonable. Aside from that, live music will also serenade you while you eat your meals.
- Phone Number : +21 263 492 0201
- Address : 1 Rue Laalouj, Essaouira 44000 Morocco
- Alcoholic Drinks are being served.
- Reservations can be made.
- Great for large families with children, groups, and special occasions
With these top restaurants, you will definitely not go hungry in Essaouira. You can choose from different dishes that these restaurants serve. Since most of these restaurants are family-run, you will also get that homey feeling like you are just eating in your own home.
Have a good trip and travel!