I’ve been to Paris by eurostar from UK, just taking around two hours. Famous architectures, delicious foods, stylish stores and good access to each attractions. Three days was too short to see everything deeply, but enough to see around the famous attractions.
- When: 2013
- How long: 3 days
- Cost: Around 500$(include eurostar
- Companions: none
- Champs-Elysees/Arc de Triomphe
- Eiffel Tower
- Musee du Louvre
- Notre dame cathedral
- Eiffel Tower/Champs-Elysees
- Sacre Coeur
Arrived at Gare Du Nord station in Paris. It was about noon so I had fast-food lunch near the station. For transportation, trains and buses are common and you have reasonable tickets. Paris Visite is travel card for makes you easier to go around the Paris city. I got on bus and moved to Champs-Elysees.
Visited Champs-Elysees/Arc de Triomphe
I started from Champs-Elysees and Arc de triomphe to cover the main attractions on the first day. Champs-Elysees was really nice with many stylish stores and restaurants. Arc de triomphe was exactly what I imagined and seen many times on the textbook.
- Name: Champs-Elysees/Arc de Triomphe
- Address:Place Charles de Gaulle, 75008 Paris
- Price: Free
- Access: Etoile – Charles de Gaulle station
After Champs-Elysees, I moved to Eiffel Tower by bus. Surrounded by greens and river and there were many people relaxing around it. In the night, it gets light-up and it’s really beautiful.
- Name: Eiffel Tower
- Address: Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
- Price: 17 euros for adults -> detail
- Access: Champ de Mars station
- Opening hour: 9:30-23:00 (9:00-00:00 in summer)
- Holidays: No holiday
- Website: http://www.toureiffel.paris/en.html
Back in Champs-Elysees for dinner
Even you have no reservations, there’s many restaurants along Champs-Elysees street. I ate dinner and stayed in small hotel close to the central. Please be careful, since Paris is one of the most expensive area to stay.
Visited Musee du Louvre
Second day, I visited Musee de Louvre from the morning. In the early morning, you don’t have to wait so I recommend you to go earlier. Mona Lisa was small as you may know, but wide range arts of every styles and every periods, I strongly recommend you going. There’s so much to see so you can spend more than a day.
- Name: Musee du Louvre
- Address: 75001 Paris, France
- Price: 15 euros
- Access: Palais Royal station
- Opening hour: 9:00-18:00
- Holidays: Tuesday
- Website: http://www.louvre.fr/en
Moved to Notre Dame Cathedral
After Louvre, I visited Notre Dame Cathedral. You have to wait a little depending on the time you arrive. Climbing the small stairs is like an adventure. From the top of the cathedral, you can see beautiful view of Paris city.
- Name: Notre Dame Cathedral
- Address: 6 Parvis Notre-Dame – Pl. Jean-Paul II, 75004 Paris, France
- Price: 8.5euros
- Access: St-Michel Notre Dame station(RER B, C), Cité station(Line4)
- Opening hour: 8:00-18:45
- Holidays: No holiday
- Website: http://www.notredamedeparis.fr/spip.php?rubrique2
Dinner at Champs-Elysees
Before dinner, I went to Eiffel Tower to see the lights up. I think it worth seeing at least once during your trip. After that, as usual, I had a dinner at Champs-Elysees restaurant. It was 20 euros including, appetizer, main dish, dessert and small wine bottle. All the foods I ate here was fantastic. And I went back to my hotel.
Visited Sacre Coeur
The last day in Paris. I visited Sacre Coeur close to my hotel. There were many tourists around this spots so you can see many interesting businesses serving for tourists like second photo above.
- Name: Sacre Coeur
- Address: 35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre, 75018 Paris, France
- Price: Free
- Access: Anvers station (Line2), Abbesses station (Line 12
- Opening hour: 6:00 – 23:00
- Holidays: No holidays
- Website: http://www.sacre-coeur-montmartre.com/english/
Last lunch and go home
Finally, I ate my last lunch close to the monuments and went back to UK. (the food was great as usual)
All the experience in Paris was great. Especially, foods and attractions were outstanding compared to other countries I have been. Next time, I’d like to stay longer to see more deeply and go Mont Saint Michel as well.(didn’t have enough time)
Have a nice trip and travel!