Source: Isabelle Blanchemain
The Napa Animal Shelter is the place for pets and has regulation about having pets and serves the community by offering for a protected and wholesome atmosphere for our residents and their animals whereas promoting animal welfare and training about accountable pet possession. The Napa County Animal Shelter permits and inspects kennels with 5 or extra animals.
1. Care of physical and Psychological Health
They record fastidiously physical and psychological health details about their charges, and that info is obtainable to the general public on kennel and cage cards. It typically contains beneficial insights from former owners. Shelter employees and volunteers spend numerous hours socializing and studying the personalities of the rabbits, dogs, guinea pigs, cats, parakeets, etc.
2. Advertising and marketing Efforts
The shelter maintains a major advertising effort for its fees: pictures and biographies on the shelter website, the identical info at Pet finder, social media postings, month-to-month full-page advertisements within the Register, bus cards with Platypus Wine Excursions, and a satellite adoption heart with Pet Food Express.
3. Expending shelter area
Source: Dave Parker
In recent times, no animal on the shelter has been euthanized resulting from lack of area. The shelter workforce has developed stable partnerships with many teams to switch animals to their shelters or nonprofit groups for adoption when area constraints turn out to be critical, with substantial success.
4. Adoption Application
When you are able to adopt, please print and fill out the appropriate form. Come to the shelter, choose and meet with the animal of your selection. If all paperwork is so as and we are able to affirm dwelling possession or landlord approval (and there are no different applications on that particular animal) you’ll possible be capable of taking that animal home that day.
5. Pet License
Source: Found Animals Foundation
A Napa County dog license could also be your lost pet’s ticket home! Additionally, per California State, Health and Security rules (H. & S. 121690): Each pet owner, after his/her pet attains the age of 4 months, shall save a license for the pet as offered by town or county by which you reside.
6. Adopting from a Shelter
Shelters typically have a physical facility, with workers, and working hours. Some have volunteers and do adoption occasions round city too. Every shelter’s adoption course of is completely different. Right here’s an instance of how a shelter adoption may work:
- You find a pet you wish to undertake on Adopt-a-Pet.com who’s at a shelter.
- You go to the shelter and see the pet. He’s cute! You ask on the shelter deck and so they have an employees or volunteer take him out so you’ll be able to meet with him. You fall in love.
- They put the pet again, and also you go as much as the shelter desk, give them your picture ID, pay the adoption payment (common vary is $25 to $one hundred twenty-five), and get copies of the pet’s vaccination information and sterilization certificates so you will get him licensed.
- You’re taking your new pet residence!
7. Action on Pet Misplaced
First, see in case your pet has been lost. Go to us on the Napa County Animal Shelter and name to file a missing pet report and to see in case your pet is here. Pictures and transient descriptions of the pets which have been lost and are on the Shelter might be viewed at our Misplaced and Discovered Web page.
- Name: Napa Animal Shelter
- Address: 942 Hartle Court Napa, CA 94558
- Phone: +1 707-253-4382
- Opening Hours: 8:00 am-5:00pm
Have a good trip and travel!