Nestled within the mountains, Hakone’s trains, trails, and gondolas showcase the breathtaking vistas of Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, together with close views of Mt. Fuji. The sulfurous steam from the area’s volcanic activity fuels pure scorching springs, the centerpieces of the various spas and resorts. The next could be the reason to go to Hakone Machi.
1. Open-Air Museum
Source: Robert Montgomery
Open-Air Museum of Hakone Machi is the superb place to visit. Where you can amuse yourself by viewing sculptures and a Picasso Gallery. The superb art collection of big Henry Moore and also by the different worldwide artists nestled between trees and the lawns of the museum. This is such a treat for the visitors. The Picasso assortment is especially spectacular with more uncommon work from his periods.
- Address: 1121 Ninotaira, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 250-0493, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Phone Number: +81 460-82-1161
2. Owaku-Dani Valley
Owakudani is wonderful volcanic zone, with sulfurous fumes, scorching springs, and sizzling rivers. there’s a quick strolling path leads from the ropeway station into the volcanic zone to a variety of steam vents and effervescent swimming pools. don’t neglect to purchase the black eggs (cooked within the sulfur hot water) and black ice cream!
- Address: 1251 Sengokuhara, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 250-0631, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Phone Number: +81 460-84-9605
3. Pola Museum of Art
The museum is a really lovely building, which has a collection of 9,500 artworks. Monet, Cezanne, Rodin & Renoir all have their artwork works exhibited in this tiny museum. Shock! Specialized in European and Japanese arts, Pola Museum has a wonderful niche assortment. It additionally has some Tiffany glass items. The museum didn’t permit pictures indoors,
- Address: 1285 Kozukayama, Sengokuhara, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 250-0631 , Kanagawa Prefecture
- Phone Number: +81 460-84-2111
4. Lake Ashi
Source: David Monniaux
Lake Ashinoko was shaped within the caldera of Mount Hakone after the volcano’s final eruption 3000 years in the past. The lake is big and value visiting, however, finest on a clear day for viewing Mt Fuji. There’s additionally a lovely Cedar forest behind the Torii Gate that’s in the lake and an exquisite temple complicated up some steep granite stairs flanked by tall bushes.
- Address: Hakone, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 250-0521, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Phone Number: +81 460837722
5. Kuzuryu Shrine Singu
Lovely temple reached by a path via a cedar forest. A variety of good Moss lined rocks alongside the way. Purple shade for the constructions appears distinctive and is seen from the pirate ship cruising throughout the lake. Previous samurai location turned shrine. The floating torii gate could be very distinctive.
- Address: Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 250-0522, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Phone Number: +81 460-83-7123
6. Hakone Tozan Railway
The train runs from Hakone to Odawara and it makes a number of stops because it winds its’ approach uphill, past stunning surroundings. This can be a very gradual practice and it feels slower when the motive force has to swap to the opposite aspect of the train 3 times in order that the train can zig-zag up the mountain.
- Address: Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 0465-32-6821, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Phone Number: +81 465-32-6821
Source: Michael Maggs
Sengokuhara Susuki is legendary for Autumn view. Stunning view of pampas grass subject and you may hike there. This can be a hillside right beside an arterial highway, entry from one finish to the mid hill the place you’ll be able to admire the huge space of brown grass against the solar.
- Address: Sengokuhara, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 250-0500 , Kanagawa Prefecture
Have a good trip and travel!