Kanagawa is a coastal prefecture in the South of Tokyo city and is lined by the Sagami and Tokyo Bays in its south. It is home to the modern cities of Yokohama and Kawasaki and has some unique nightlife activities to explore while you plan your trip here.
1. Urbano Bar and Music Lounge
If you are planning to fill your evening with some great music and fun, then the Urbano Bar and Music Lounge in the heart of Shinyokohama is just the right place to be. Come 08:00 pm and this Cosmopolitan Lounge attracts art lovers, music enthusiasts, and party-goers from across the city to enjoy until day break. Apart from the great local cuisine and drinks that it serves its customers with, it also regularly organizes theme based night events and functions to add spice to its evenings.
- Address:3-16-15 Shinyokohama, Kohoku-ku | SK Bldg Shinyokohama 10F, Yokohama 222-0033, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Opening hour: 08:00p to 04:00am
2. Go Jazz at the Motion Blue
The Motion Blue takes you to the splendid tour of delicious food, unique cocktails, and some soul-stirring Jazz music. Located in one of the famous city landmarks – The Red Brick Warehouse, the Motion Blue not only offers travellers with an opportunity to explore the landmark but also walks you into the heart of the party lovers tinsel town. The lounge is home to a plethora of musical nights, jazz concerts, solo performances, instrumentals and boasts various musical styles such as Jazz, Country, Club Jazz, Pop, Chanson, Latin and Rock.
- Address:1-1-2 Shinko, Naka-ku | Warehouse No.2 3F,Yokohama 231-0001, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Opening hour: 05:30pm to 11:00pm
3. Marine Rouge Dinner Cruise
One of the best things about Kanagawa is its proximity to the bays. This calls for a cruising experience you can’t really afford to miss. The Marine Rouge Dinner Cruise is one such experience that can make up for all the hiccups you had in your entire trip. the cruise is a 2-hour journey that lets you witness the splendid landmarks of the city with the night sky at the backdrop over a sumptuous dinner, served in elegance. The cruises start from the Marine Rouge point and shows you the important city landmarks such as the Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse, Bay Bridge, and Rainbow Bridge.
- Address:Marine Rouge, Yamashitacho, Yokohama 231-0023,Kanagawa Prefecture
- Opening hour: 07:00pm to 09:00pm
4. Reserve a seat in the Haunted Restaurant of Yokosuka
Think you are not afraid of the dark? Then prepare for an eerie night out as you step into the Haunted Restaurant in Yokosuka. A theme based restaurant, everything here is designed to create a haunting experience – from ambiance to food and drinks, decor and even the staff. It is sure to create a spine-chilling and fun experience.
- Address: 2-4 Wakamatsucho | Chuo Ekimae Bldg. 7F, Yokosuka 238-0007, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Opening hour:07:00pm
5. Spend an Exotic Evening at the Bar Sea Guardian II
If you are a person who seeks style, class and exotica, then the Bar Sea Guardian II will give you a sense of royal touch. Set in the quaint Yamaschiracho neighborhood, this sea-view pub is a part of the historic Hotel New Grand overlooking the Yamashita Park, and is just the right place for a soulful music, rich selection of cocktails with an elaborate and exquisite culinary. One thing that makes this place famous is its Southern Song, appreciated by most visitors who walk in here.
- Address: 10 Yamashiracho, Naka-ku | Hotel New Grand Main Building 1F, Yokohama 231-8520, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Opening hour: 05:00pm – 11:00pm
6. Go Aerial with the Yokohama Bay Night Helicopter Ride
The shimmering lights of the Yokohama city can be best experienced aboard a heli-ride above the city. Hop into one of the helicopter rides at the bay park behind Pacifico Yokohama and take a bird’s eye view of the city as it engulfs into the evening lights. In the evenings,the Yokohama Bay paints phenomenal sunset views on the skyline that will simply mesmerize your soul. I bet you will not take your fingers off your camera, as you will keep on capturing the panoramic city views one after another.
- Address: 220-0012 Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama, Nishi Ward, Minatomirai,
- Opening hour: 04:00pm to 08:30pm
7. Get Beer on Metal with the Thrash Zone
Source: David Pursehouse
Thrash Zone is a bar and lounge for the people who like crafted beer. As the tagline goes, ‘Extreme Beer Only’, the bar serves several kinds of crafted beer from mild alcohol such as the Morbid Red or the Speed Kills to intense such as the Envenom. To add to your party fun, it raises your heartbeat with the metal music at the backdrop. With amazingly awesome underground interiors, it appears to be not-so-inviting from outside, but that’s only for the traveller’s eye to figure out.
- Address: Tsuruyacho 2-10-7 Tamura Bldg 1F, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Japan- 2210835
- Opening hour: 12:00pm to 11:30pm
8. Salsa Retreat with El Cafe Latino
You might not know this, but Japan sports itself proudly in the league of the Salsa dancers. If that not be all, you can also find some really good home tutors to take lessons on various Salsa styles such as LA, NY and Cuban Styles. Walk in for a Salsa Retreat in El Cafe Latino, one of the popular Salsa bars in Roppongi, the neighborhood of Yanagawa. Opening up in the early evenings every day, the nights only get younger with more dance and music here, until you ache your legs walking home in the morning. Get footloose, drink and dance to your heart’s content on those Latino Tunes.
- Address: 3-15-24 Roppongi | Win Roppongi 1.2 F, Minato 106-0032, Tokyo Prefecture
- Opening hour: 06:00pm to 05:00am
9. Take an Afterhour Dinner at the ‘Hard-Rock Cafe’
Hard Rock cafe is one of those after-hour convenient clubs that you can explore to relax and take a break after your city tour. It is one of the few places in Yokohama to grab a quick burger. The cafe sports a huge collection of memorabilia on its walls such as that of Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Jonathan Davis to name a few.
Apart from a large collection of drinks and cocktails on the menu, the restaurant also serves grilled, smokehouse sandwiches, salads, steaks, fish entrees, and a range of desserts to entice your taste buds.
- Address: Queens Tower A1F 2-3-1 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama,Kanagawa Prefecture
- Opening hour: 11:00am to 11:00pm
10. Begin your New Year With the Kamakura Sunrise Cruise
Source: Bryan’s Photostream
Walk into the New Year in the ‘Land of Rising Sun’, with a serendipitous cruise to Kamakura. Starting a night before, it takes you on a tour to experience the various city attractions until it welcomes you into the New Year. Kamakura is an important and historic town and was once the political centre of Japan under the Kamakura Bakufu government. You can also witness the spiritual shrines of Kamakura such as the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu and also take your time out to visit the scenic Tokyo Bay. Starting your New Year can never get better than this.
- Address: Hamamatsucho Station Bus terminal, Tokyo.
- Opening hour: 09:40pm 31 December every year
Have a good trip and travel!