Kanagawa is a popular place for tourists all over the world mainly because of its archeological beauty. Famous historic sites in Kamakura, beauty of nature in Hanoke, the capital Yokohama, temples of Kawasaki – you will find all of them attractive and so is the food. Here is a list of excellent restaurants in Kanagawa for you.
1. KatsuRetsu An
A nice restaurant in the capital, Yokohoma, famous for delicious tonkatsu (cutlets). They come in three different textures and tastes and are served with Katsuretas sauce, the best in town. You can also try Miso soup with shijimi, fried prawn, oysters etc. For foreign customers, they offer a separate English menu. You can observe their cooking process if you manage a table in the ground floor. Appealing taste, terrific ambiance and skilled service make it a great place to eat for locals as well as for foreigners.
- Name: KatsuRetsu An
- Address: 5-58-2 Tokiwa-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama 231-0014, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Price: 2000 yen
- Access: 20 minute walk from Kamakura station
- Opening hour: 10.30 am – 7.00 pm
- Holiday: Saturday, Sunday and public holiday
- Website: http://www.katsuretsuan.com/
2. Sky Lounge Sirius
This is a French cuisine on the 70th floor of Yokohama Royal Park hotel, almost 277 meters above the ground. Only the view through the window is enough to blow your mind. The meal includes breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet and bar. They have special birthday benefits menu, all-you-can-drink option, occasion based special arrangement etc. You can enjoy the view in the morning and till the late night.
- Name: Sky Lounge Sirius
- Address: 2-2-1-3 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku | Yokohama Royal Park Hotel 70F, Yokohama 220-8173, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Price: 2000 – 4000 yen
- Access: 8 minute from Minatonirai station
- Opening hour: Everyday :- 11.30 am – 2.30 pm & 5.00 pm – 12.00 am; Sunday :- 11:30 am – 10:30 pm; Saturday :- 11:30 am – 12:00 am
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://www.yrph.com/restaurants/sirius/index.html#_=_
3. Bills, Shichirigahama
If you enjoy the casual appearance of restaurants you can visit Bills, located in the Shichirigahama beach in Kamakura. The view of the ocean from the restaurant will take your mind off of any tension and stress. A good place to order tasteful brunch items, including frittata, sandwich, pancakes, ricotta cheese meals, salads etc. Or you can just sit there to drink and to relax by observing the beauty of the blue sea out there. Make sure you go there on weekdays because weekends are too much crowded.
- Name: Bills, Shichirigahama
- Address: Weekend House Alley 2F, 1-1-1 Shichirigahama, Kamakura-shi, Kanagawa
- Price: 2500 yen
- Access: 2-3 minutes walk from Shichigahama station
- Opening hour: 9 a.m.-10 p.m. (lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; dinner 5-9 p.m.; Fri & Sat. bar till 11 p.m.)
- Website: http://bills-jp.net/en/#menus-odaiba
4. Itoh Dining by NOBU
In Hanoke, you will find the best teppanyaki meal in Itoh Dining. They offer delicious multicourse meals. Some of their must-try items are Kobe beef and black cod. The interior is beautiful and they provide a helpful, skilled service. The price might seem a bit high but the taste is really worth it. Before you go, remember, a pre-reservation is a must.
- Name: Itoh Dining by NOBU
- Address: 1300-64 Gora, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone-machi 250-0408, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Price: lunch 3000 yen, dinner 7000 yen
- Access: 5 minutes walk from Gora station or 1 minute walk from Koen-shimo station
- Opening hour: 11:30 am – 3:00 pm & 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Website: http://itoh-dining.co.jp/
5. La Terrazza
La Terrazza, an Italian restaurant is located beside the Lake Ashiniko, in Hakone. The front walls of the restaurant are transparent glasses so that customers can enjoy the divine view of Lake Ashi while they eat. A must-go place for pizza lovers, but other items are also tempting, like pasta, salad, cookies, coffee and more. They offer a lot of interesting vegetarian options as well. And after eating, you can take gorgeous photos in front of Lake Ashi.
- Name: La Terrazza
- Address: Hakone-machi Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa, Japan 250-0522
- Price: 1000 yen
- Access: 10 minutes drive from Komagatake Summit station
- Opening hour: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Website: http://www.la-terrazza-ashinoko.co.jp/restaurant/index.html#_=_
6. Hachinoki Kita Kamakura Ten
— みり (@periosan) May 5, 2016
For authentic Japanese taste, you can visit this place. Their bento meal is the best. It includes different flavors in one package – chicken, beef, egg, rice, soup, eggplant, fish and more. For vegans, they have Shojin ryori, a temple inspired tasty and healthy meal prepared excluding meat, fish, egg and dairy product completely. The ambiance gives a calm and meditating feeling while you can enjoy the delicious food.
- Name: Hachinoki Kita Kamakura Ten
- Address: 350 Yamanochi, Kamakura, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Price: 3500 yen
- Access: 2-3 minutes walk from the famous Zen temple Jochi-ji, 5-10 minutes walk from Kita Kamakura station
Tomoei, located in Odawara, offers excellent lunch menus with seafood. Their eel and unagi are the most famous of all items and they are served with rice. The place is a bit small and crowded but for the taste, it is worth a try. Make sure you place a reservation before you go there.
- Name: Tomoei
- Address: Kazamatsuri, Odawara 250-0032, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Price: 1000 yen
- Access: Nearest station is Kazamatsuri station, 10 minute walk from there
- Opening hour: 11 am – 7 pm
- Holiday: Thursday
- Website: http://www.tomoei-unagi.com/#_=_
8. Ichiyajo Yoroizuka Farm Restaurant
yoroizukaFarmのケーキ( ^ω^ ) pic.twitter.com/mTpFhtQphN
— ｼﾞｭﾅ (@xmx17xox) August 15, 2013
Ichiyajo is the best stoppage for all the sweet-tooth in Odawara. This French cuisine offers a huge range of tasty desserts menu. Besides the impeccable taste, the presentation of food will satisfy you completely. The interior is stunning. You can have an indoor sit or you can sit outside to view the beautiful garden they have outside.
- Name: Ichiyajo Yoroizuka Farm Restaurant
- Address: 1352-110 Hayakawa, Odawara 250-0021, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Access: 8 minutes drive from JR Hayakawa station
- Opening hour: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Holiday: Tuesday
- Website: http://www.grand-patissier.info/ToshiYoroizuka/farm/#caferestaurant#_=_
— 将太 (@kattobi_shouta) November 29, 2015
This is a famous for its rich seafood menu. Located just 2 kilometers from Chigasaki beach, the interior is ocean faced. Some of their meals you can try are shirasu, sashimi, sushi, don bury dishes etc. They do not offer any English menu. But you will enjoy their Japanese seafood items. A perfect for enjoying both lunch and dinner, recommended.
- Name: Kattobi
- Address: 15-12 Yanagishimakaigan, Chigasaki 253-0063, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Price: lunch 1500 yen, dinner 2500 yen
- Access: 8-10 minutes walk from JR Chigasaki station
- Opening hour: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm & 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Website: http://www.kattobi.com/
If you looking for authentic Thai taste in Japan, you can try this cuisine in Zama. They have many branches around the world, including Massachusetts. Locals enjoy the menu with reasonable price. They have an everyday special offer that you can try as well. Service is friendly and cooperative. Besides lunch and dinner, they have a small café.
- Name: Rod-Dee
- Address: 3-42-50 Sobudai, Zama 252-0011, Kanagawa Prefecture
- Price: 600 yen
- Access: From Sobudai-Mae station, walk for 3-5 minutes to the East
- Opening hour: 11.00 am – 10.30 pm
There are many options outside the list that you can visit in Kanagawa. This list is an attempt to inform you ahead about some nice restaurants you can try when you plan a trip in Kanagawa. Enjoy the cultural and historical beauty of Kanagawa and have a bite in these restaurants.
Have a good trip and travel!