Source: Toby Oxborrow
Kobe nightlife is usually neglected in contrast with the insanity of close by Osaka and the sheer size of Tokyo, however, there are many thriving bars and music scenes can be found here, most of which are conveniently situated in the middle of a city in the Sannomiya space. With a few of the hottest jazz venues in Japan, Kobe is taken into account the middle of the country’s jazz scene.
The Avery`s is a beautiful Irish bar with the pleasant environment and is conveniently situated street level within the heart of Sannomiya. The Avery`s is a superb place to look at live football games. Every day joyful hours makes this bar common with expats and locals alike. Free wi-fi is provided by the bar.
- Address: 1F, 1-10-9 Kitanagasadori, Chuo Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 650-0012, Japan
- Phone: +81 78-391-2757
- Hours: 5PM–4AM
Situated within the shopping streets of Sannomiya, 2-min stroll south of Sannomiya train station. Polo Dog is a good place to stop for a drink. This is an American fashion bar is extraordinarily well-liked with the expat and it gets fairly busy on weekends. Polo Dog is among the few bars in Kobe where you should buy a drink earlier than 5pm.
- Address: 1 Chome-3-21 Sannomiyacho, Chuo Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 650-0021, Japan
- Phone: +81 78-331-3945
- Hours: 12PM–12AM
Friendly staffed British type pub on the seventh floor of the Kondo Building opposite train station of Sannomiya . Meet up with some live bands and DJs. The music ranges from seventy`s – ninety`s top forty rock/pop to more modern alt. Hobgoblin will get quite busy on weekends.
- Address: 4 Chome-three-2 Kanocho, Chuo Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 650-0001, Japan
- Phone: +81 78-325-0840
This bar opens in 1955, that is Kobe’s oldest bar but still a full of life spot to spend a night. The founder of this bar was a bartender on the old Kobe Oriental Resort, serving the likes of Marilyn Monroe back in the day, and his tiny bar is chock filled with pictures and memorabilia of the well-known individuals who have visited over time.
- Address: 1-9-1 Nakayamate Dori Closest Metro Station: Sammoniya
- Tel: +81 078 391 0257
- Hours: Mon – Sat 17:00 – 23:30
This standard music bar has 5 live units nightly and DJs taking part in a variety of music from soul and R&B to jazz, trance. The bar’s cozy basement area is spruced up with candlelit tables and romantic finishes, and for some more fun, there is a dance floor and pool table.
- Address: Basement of Kobe Yamashita Building, 1–thirteen–7 Nakayamate Dori
- Tel: +81 078 391 6640
- Hours: 19:00 – 03:00
6.International Bar IZNT
Large worldwide bar situated on Higashimon St, 2-min from Avery’s, Hub. The heavy crowd, particularly on weekends when the bands play. At the bat, they also serve American fashion meals and usually host functions reminiscent of artwork exhibits, salsa dancing, and gigs.
- Address: 1 Chome-1-8 Shimoyamatedori, Chuo Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 650-0011, Japan
- Phone: +81 78-334-3040
- Hours: 5PM–12AM
Kobe’s unique jazz club, open since 1969, remains to be bringing in hip crowds looking for some high-notch live music. 4 live units play all night, with a variety of jazz sounds from conventional to Dixieland. The club additionally places on Sunday afternoon jazz classes.
- Address: 1 Chome-24-10 Nakayamatedori, Chuo Ward, Hyogo Prefecture 650-0004, Japan
- Phone: +81 78-221-2055
- Hours: Mon – Sat 17:00 – 00:30 and Sun 17:00 – 24:00
This is an upscale jazz club that opened in 1972. The club features three nightly live music units and a chic setting, Satin Doll is a perfect spot to loosen up after a busy day of touring. The menu has a wide selection of wines and cocktails, as well as largely French hors d’oeuvres, primary desserts and dishes within the 800-2000-yen value range.
- Address: Bacchus Building, 1–26–1 Nakayama Dori
- Tel: +81 078 242 0100
- Hours: Tue – Sun 18:00 – 24:00
Second Chance, with its all-night time operating hours, is a gathering spot for night time owls who refuse to cease the celebration until the morning. The tiny, one-room bar bears the extra resemblance to a seashore shack than other in the city bar, On the weekends its get crowded, Folks comes all around the city to enjoy their nights.
- Address: Takashima Building, 2nd floor, 2–1–12 Nakayamate Dori
- Tel: +81 078 391 3544
- Hours: Daily 18:00 – 05:00
10.Sally’s Sports Bar and Club
Live bands and DJ music, Beneficent drink servings, a good-sized dance floor, dart boards, pool tables, free Wi-Fi, and large TV screens to catch live sports activities occasions, this bar has a large attraction and attracts common crowds Japanese nightlife lovers, particularly on the weekends. Pleasant and relaxed ambiance.
- Address: Higashimon Avenue, Inaba Building 2nd Floor, 1-5-8 Nakayamatedori, Chuo-ku
- Tel: +81 078 393 3132
- Hours: Mon – Thu 17:00 – 03:00; Fri 17:00 – 05:00; Sat 15:00 – 05:00; Sun15:00 – 03:00
Have a good trip and travel!