Hokkaido, also known as Ezo, Yezo, Yeso, is the second largest island of Japan. The capital of the region is Sapporo. Besides Sapporo, there are several other cities to visit. When visiting Japan, you can’t try the famous food, so we thought that you might be interested in these top 15 restaurants to go in Hokkaido top cities – Sapporo, Asahikawa, and Hakodate. Enjoy!
1. Sapporo Beer Garden
Sapporo Beer Garden is a perfect place to visit with your friends at evening. It is one of the most famous barbecue places on the island. If you like meat and beer, this is the ideal place to visit. Before visiting the place, don’t forget to make the reservation or you will be waiting at least an hour to enter the place. But the main difference among other restaurants is that you have to cook the meal by yourself 🙂
- Name: Sapporo Beer Garden
- Address: 9-2-10 Kita7Jo Higashi, Higashi-ku, Sapporo;
- Opening hour: 11:30 am – 10:00 pm
2. Soup Curry & Dining Suage+
Soup Curry $ Dining Suage+ differs from other restaurants in Sapporo. Besides typical Asian cuisine, it serves Indian as well! If you are looking for the place to have lunch at, it will be the ideal place to visit. Be sure to try a famous dish in Hokkaido – Soup curry. It is one of the best at this restaurant. People say that it is the best soup curry of their lives. You might give it a try.
- Name: Soup Curry & Dining Suage+
- Address: 5-chome Minami4jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- Website: www.suage.info
3. Nemuro Hanamaru JR Tower Stellar Place
Nemuro Hanamaru JR Tower Stella Place is one of the best Japanese cuisine restaurants in Sapporo. It has a great variety of seafood, especially sushi. We are the fan, you will like this place a lot. They have the largest choice of sushi on Hokkaido island. It is an ideal place to visit with family as well as with friends. Before visiting the place, don’t forget to make the reservation
- Name: Nemuro Hanamaru JR Tower Stellar Place
- Address: 2 Kitagojonishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-0005, Hokkaido
- Price: $28 – $46
4. Sky J
Sky J isn’t just a simple restaurant in Sapporo. It is considered to be the best place for dining. If you are looking for the place to have a romantic evening, you have found it! Sky J has a unique feature – it serves Chinese cuisine. So if you want to try something Chinese, but don’t want to cross the border – it is exactly the place you need.
- Name: Sky J
- Address: 5-2-5 Kita, Chuo-ku | JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo
- Website: www.jrhotels.co.jp
5. Ramen Shingen Minami-6joten
If you haven’t heard of the famous Ramen (or if you have), Ramen Shingen Minami serves the best ramen in Sapporo. It is a perfect place for any type of meeting – family, friends or even for business. It is told to have very friendly and polite staff, so you won’t have troubles in communication or anything else. Don’t regret to spend there at least some time, you will open a new side of Sapporo.
- Name: Ramen Shingen Minami-6joten
- Address: 8 Nishi, Minami-6jo,Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- Tel.: +81 11-530-5002
6. Genghis Khan Daikokuya Main-branch
Now, we are moving to another place – Asahikawa. It is a magnificent city of Hokkaido. As you could notice, Hokkaido has a lot of famous food places and Genghis Khan Daikokuya Main-branch is one of them. It is a great barbecue spot in Asahikawa. The food portions are big and staff is polite and very quick, so you won’t waste time waiting for a waiter.
- Name: Genghis Khan Daikokuya Main-branch
- Address: 7-chome 4-jodori, Asahikawa 070-0034, Hokkaido
- Website: www.daikoku-jgs.com
7. Jingisukan Daikokuya 5-chome
Have you heard about Ghengis Khan? Jingisukan Daikokuya 5-chome is an ideal place for a meat lover. They serve different types of lamb meat. They prepare it on the table and you get it straight from the grill. Everything is very delicious, especially if taken with special sauces. But consider that the grill is open and your clothes will smell exactly the same. So don’t think about going somewhere else after this place.
- Name: Jingisukan Daikokuya 5-chome
- Address: 5 4-jodori, Asahikawa 070-0034, Hokkaido
- Website: www.daikoku-jgs.com
8. Toriton Kyokushin
Toriton Kyokushin is a cozy place in Asahikawa that looks like a highway hotel outside. But inside it is really gorgeous. If you are looking for the classic Japanese cuisine, it is an ideal place to visit. Sushi is so delicious that you won’t need another place to eat Japanese food. Besides being one of the best sushi place in the city, it is one of the cheapest, so don’t worry about the cash. Just have fun.
- Name: Toriton Kyokushin
- Address: 5-1 Kyokushin3jo, Asahikawa 078-8373, Hokkaido
- Website: oriton-kita1.jp
9. Baikoken Honten
Remember that Ramen thing in Sapporo? Baikoken Honten is exactly the same popular place that serves perfect ramen, but now in Asahikawa. If you really want to find out what it is, you have several options to make your dreams come true. It is a great place to have family lunch or even dinner. One of the features of the restaurant is having a lot of books inside. So if you like reading while eating – we have covered you up;)
- Name: Baikoken Honten
- Address: 8 Nijodori, Asahikawa 070-0032 , Hokkaido
- Website: www.baikohken.com
10. Santoka Asahikawa
Santoka Asahikawa is the last place in our list that is situated in Asahikawa. It is told to have one of the best ramen in Hokkaido. But you won’t know unless you try, right? We have pretty a lot of ramen places in this list, what is the best one? Maybe they are all great, but you are the one to find the perfect suited for yourself 🙂
- Name: Santoka Asahikawa
- Address: 8-348-3 1-Jodori | 1F Sasaki Bldg., Asahikawa
- Website: www.santouka.co.jp
11. Rokkatei Goryokakuten
Next place we are going to cover is Hakodate. It is the most south big city on the Hokkaido island. Nevertheless, Rokkatei Goryokakuten has a great view and is considered to have the most delicious desserts on the island. So if you are going to visit Hakodate with your family, include this place to “must visit” and you won’t regret.
- Name: Rokkatei Goryokakuten
- Address: Goryokakucho, Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Opening hour: 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
12. Lucky Pierrot Goryokaku Parkmae
Lucky Pierrot Goryokaku Parkmae isn’t just another place to eat. If you want to plunge into the southern madness and experience something extraordinary – this is a great place to visit. We were talking about the dining. If you want to have casual lunch, the place doesn’t have a lot of people at the time so you could easily enjoy their delicious burgers.
- Name: Lucky Pierrot Goryokaku Parkmae
- Address: 30-14 Goryokakucho, Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Website: luckypierrot.jp/shoplist/goryokaku
13. Lucky Pierrot Bay Area Main Store
It is second Lucky Pierrot’s restaurant on our list. Because they are great and worth visiting both of them. Despite the fact that “lucky pierrot” looks like a clown, this is a great place to have a family dinner. Portions are huge and delicious, especially with their famous sauces. So you won’t regret going to the restaurant if you want to make yourself full.
- Name: Lucky Pierrot Bay Area Main Store
- Address: 23-18 Suehirocho, Hakodate 040-0053, Hokkaido
- Opening hour: 10:00 am – 12:30 am
14. Uni Murakami, Hakodate Honten
If you are looking for an ideal romantic evening, consider Uni Murakami, Hakodate Honten as the only one. It is opened only for a dinner time – from 5 till 10 pm. Moreover, they serve one of the best seafood in the city. Very delicious and well cooked Uni will totally make your evening unforgettable. In addition to the great food, it has a classic Japanese decor, that you will like for sure.
- Name: Uni Murakami, Hakodate Honten
- Address: 22-1 Otemachi, Hakodate 040-0064, Hokkaido
- Website: www.uni-murakami.com
15. Menchuboajisai Main Store
If you are looking for a fine place to have a lunch, you will be glad to visit Menchuboajisai Main Store. They have a great variety of Asian soups. Also, it is said to have very delicious ramen in Hakodate, so you won’t need to go to Sapporo or Ahikawa. Also, if you are looking for a place to drink and have fun with your friends, it serves specially made beer. Give it a try.
- Name: Menchuboajisai Main Store
- Address: 29-22 Goryokakucho, Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Price: USD 7 – 9
That was our list of the top 15 restaurants to Go in Hokkaido. Sure there are more to visit, but if you have a chance to visit the island , we recommend you visiting these places. Besides, you don’t need to spend any time googling for other places. All the best restaurants are here.
Have a good trip and travel!