The burgeoning restaurant industry in Japan’s capital as it gathers prominence in the global culinary scene makes Tokyo a melting pot of the world’s cuisine. Standing shoulder to shoulder with other renowned cities, Tokyo stands tall with hundreds of restaurants worthy of Michelin stars.
While we love to feature all of the restaurants in Tokyo, this page is just not enough. The list below barely scratches the surface of the dining powerhouse that is Tokyo.
1. Argento Aso
The Argent Aso Restaurant is a 5-minute walk restaurant if you are coming from Exit No. 2 of the Roppongi Station. This Italian restaurant is in the middle of Ginza. Get the best of service in this restaurant and the finest ingredients of their cuisine. If you are looking for a great restaurant for celebrations, go to Argento Aso.
- Name: Argento Aso
- Address: 8th and 9th Floor, ZOE Ginza, 3-3-1, Ginza, Chuo-ku
- Price: ¥ 1500 – ¥ 20,000
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun Lunch 1130 am – 330 pm, Dinner 530 pm – 11 pm
- Phone: +81 3 5524 1270
- Website: www.hiramatsurestaurant.jp/eng/
2. Chateau De Joel Robuchon
Chateau De Joel Robuchon is beautiful French Restaurant in Yebiso Garden Place in Ebisu. This restaurant is one of the four restaurants that Chef Joel Robuchon established in Tokyo. This Michelin-starred restaurant is also present in other locations in the world. Visit their restaurants in Bangkok, Hongkong, Macau, London, Paris, Taipei, Las Vegas, Monaco, and Singapore. The Chateau De Joel Robuchon has a garden setting fit for a romantic date night.
- Name: Chateau De Joel Robuchon
- Address: Ebisu Garden Place, 1-13-1 Mita, Meguro-ku
- Opening hour: Lunch 1130 am – 2 pm, Dinner 6 pm – 9 pm
- Phone: +81 3 5424 1338
- Website: www.robuchon.jp
Kanda is an 8-minute walk away from the Exit 1B of Roppongi Station. There is no menu in this restaurant, which makes Kanda unique. The meals here are served according to your liking. Chefs in Kanda believe that everyone is unique and deserves to have meals customized to each customer’s preference.
- Name: Kanda
- Address: Calm Motoazabu, 3-6-34 Motoazabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Phone: +81-3-5786-0150
- Website: www.nihonryori-kanda.com
4. Ginza Kojyu
Ginza Kojyu is a traditional Japanese restaurant located near the JR Yurakucho Station (Chuo Exit) and the Exit B6 in Ginza Station. The Chefs who mastered the precision and quality of traditional techniques prepare the food in Ginza Kojyu skillfully. For a front row view of this mastery in action, be at the restaurant at an earlier time and get the seats on the counter.
- Name: Ginza Kojyu
- Address: Carioca building 4F 5-4-8 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan
- Price: Lunch ¥ 21,600, Dinner ¥ 27,000
- Opening hour: Lunch 12 pm- 1 pm, Dinner 6 pm – 930 pm
- Phone: +81-3-6215-9544
- Website: www.kojyu.jp
5. New York Grill At the Park Hyatt
The Park Hyatt Hotel is the home of New York Grill Restaurant. If you are hankering for a big steak from the best beef in Japan, go to this restaurant. The restaurant’s wine cellar also holds over 1,600 bottles of wines from the US. Dining in this restaurant gives you the best view of the city. It sits on the 52nd Floor of the Park Hyatt, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows.
- Name: New York Grill
- Address: 3-7-1-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo, Japan, 163-1055
- Opening hour: Lunch 1130 am – 230 pm, Dinner 530 pm -10:00 pm
- Holiday: +81 3 532 3458
- Website: www.tokyo.park.hyatt.com
6. Motif Restaurant & Bar
The Motif Restaurant & Bar is a French restaurant that serves locally sourced ingredients on their dishes. Get the perfect ambience overlooking the cityscape on the 7th floor of the Four Seasons Hotel where this restaurant is located. The food here is served in a beautiful presentation of a cacophony of colors and ingredients that will surely delight your palate.
- Name: Motif Restaurant & Bar
- Address: Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi 1-11-1 Pacific Century Place, Marunouchi Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 100-6277
- Price: ¥ 600 – ¥ 15,000
- Opening hour: Open Daily Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Phone: +81 (3) 5222-7222
- Website: www.motiftokyo.com
The Akai Hana Japanese Restaurant in Tokyo serves the best traditional cuisine. Try the restaurant’s specials like the Miso Soup, Dragon Rolls, Sushi, and the Bento Meals. The parking is a little bit cramped during weekends in this restaurant. We suggest that you go there before six in the evening, so you get your spot.
- Name: Akai
- Address: 4-13-16 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- Price: ¥ 2000 – ¥6000
- Opening hour: Lunch , 1130 am – 1 pm Dinner – 5 pm – 1030 pm
- Phone: 03-3248-4567
Hamadaya Restaurant is just a minute away from the Subway of Ninyo-cho Station Exit A4. This restaurant has a long history of perfecting Japanese dishes since 1912. The interior is minimalist sending an old Japan vibe. In addition to that, Geishas in their beautiful kimonos serve your food. The restaurant’s name, Hamadaya is taken from a house where Geishas lived and trained back in the Meiji Period. Today, this restaurant lives up to its name by painting a picture of that period.
- Name: Hamadaya
- Address: Nihonbashi Ningyo-cho, 3-13-5 Ningyo-cho, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku
- Price: Lunch – ¥ 15,000 – ¥ 25,000 Dinner ¥ 30,000 – ¥50,000
- Opening hour: Lunch 1130 am – 3 pm Dinner 530 pm – 10 pm
- Phone: +81 3 3660 5413
- Website: www.hamadaya.info
9. Sushi Saito
— Tanat Tonguthaisri (@gastronomy) April 20, 2016
Sushi Saito may be difficult to locate on the map of Tokyo, but this is where most sushi lovers flock. This little restaurant does not even have a sign on the door, keeping it low-key. Under its belt are 3 Michelin stars, all because of the hardwork, expertise, and dedication of Mr. Saito. This restaurant is an epicurean delight, chefs around the world make sure to visit this place when in Tokyo. Simply PERFECT, this is what Sushi Saito is.
- Name: Sushi Saito
- Address: Jidousha kaikan Building, F1, 1-9-15 Akasaka, Minato-ku
- Price: ¥ 10,000 – ¥ 20,000
- Opening hour: Lunch, 11 am – 2 pm Dinner, 5 pm – 11 pm
- Phone: +81 3 3589 4412
A husband and wife tandem operates this tiny restaurant near Akasaka Station. Chef Takazawa and his wife Akiko makes sure that the food presented is unique. The restaurant has a limited table of ten, so everything is up close and personal. Everything is picture perfect. The dishes served are plated with intricate details. It is too nice to mess up the arrangement of the food, yet you cannot help but eat it.
- Name: Takazawa
- Address: 3-5-2 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun 6 pm – 9 pm
- Phone: +81 3-3505-5052
- Website: www.takazawa-y.co.jp
Quintessence Restaurant is located on the first floor of Garden City Shinigawa Gotenyama. This restaurant is listed as one of the 50 best restaurants in Asia. The restaurant serves the traditional and contemporary fusion of the world’s best cuisines. Quintessence is categorized as a French restaurant, but no specific cuisine really defines it. This restaurant does not have a menu, so trust what the Chef cooks for you for the day. Each experience in Quintessence is out of the ordinary. Booking for a reservation is the recommended to get a seat in this elegant restaurant.
- Name: Quintessence
- Address: 141-0001 Shinagawa-Ku Kitashinagawa 6-7-29 Garden City Shinagawa Gotenyama 1F
- Price: Lunch, ¥ 9000 Dinner, ¥ 20,000
- Opening hour: Lunch, 12 pm – 3 pm Dinner, 630 pm – 11 pm
- Holiday: +81（0）3 6277 0090
- Website: www.quintessence.jp
12. Ten-Ichi Ginza
Ten-Ichi Ginza is a restaurant best known for its crispy tempuras. The restaurant’s name is widely famous, dating back when pictures were in black and white, and when celebrities and famous government icons proudly advertise this Ginza restaurant. If you would like to see how your food is prepared, you can take the seats by the tempura counter. If you get lucky to be in this row, the Chef will hand you a bib to protect your clothes from oil splatter. You can gladly take it and enjoy the show.
- Name: Ten-Ichi Ginza
- Address: 6-6-5 Ginza, Chuo 104-0061, Tokyo Prefecture
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun 1130 am – 10 pm
- Phone: +81 3-3571-1949
- Website: www.tenichi.co.jp
13. Il Restoranti Luca Fantin
Il Ristorante Luca Fantin is an Italian Restaurant managed by the Bulgari Hotels and Resorts. This restaurant is located on the ninth floor of this 10-storey hotel. It has a terrace that provides a great view of the city. The interior of the restaurant is chic and contemporary. This luxurious and relaxed setting will make you happy. The food is impeccable as well as the service.
- Name: Il Restorante Luca Fantin
- Address: Ginza Tower – 2-7-12 Ginza, Chuo-ku – Tokyo 104-0061
- Price: ¥ 5000 – ¥ 25,000
- Opening hour: Mon – Sat 1130 am – 230 pm 6 pm 930 pm, Sun 1130 am 230 pm
- Phone: +81 3-6362-0555
- Website: www.bulgarihotels.com
14. Tokyo Family Restaurant
You can travel the world and taste different cuisines in one place in Tokyo. The Tokyo Family Restaurant is proud to serve its multinational menu. Reach as far as Morocco and taste entrees from this place. You can also enjoy the wide selection of wines from the Napa Valley. Simply enjoy the different tastes from exotic places while sitting comfortably in your little spot in Tokyo. To reach this restaurant, take a 10-minute walk from the Shibuya station.
- Name: Tokyo Family Restaurant
- Address: 1−3−1 Higashi, 150-0011 Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
- Price: ¥ 600 – ¥ 6000
- Opening hour: Lunch Mon – Fri 12 pm – 3 pm Dinner, 6 pm – 12 am Mon -Sat
- Phone: +81 3-3797-3355
- Website: www.familyrestaurant.jp
15. The Great Burger Restaurant
If you need a break from Japanese and International restaurants, you might want to find a reliable burger place in town. The Great Burger Restaurant is Southern California-style restaurant specializing in perfect burgers. The mouthwatering burgers in this restaurant attract both the tourists and locals, making this place a prime destination for quick and easy on the wallet lunches.
- Name: The Great Burger Restaurant
- Address: 6-12-7 Jingumae, Shibuya 150-0001, Tokyo Prefecture
- Price: ¥ 1000 – ¥ 3000
- Opening hour: Mon – Fri 1130 am – 11 pm Sat – Sun 9 am – 11 pm
- Phone: +81 3-3406-1215
- Website: www.the-great-burger.com
16. Dhaba India
The Dhaba India restaurant provides an authentic Indian cuisine. This restaurant is very close to the Tokyo Station Yaesu exit, so you will never miss it if you are coming from there. Dhaba India is known to serve dishes from Southern India. Spices and ingredients are also imported from there. For the best biryani, thali, and Chetinad Chicken Curry, visit Dhaba India.
- Name: Dhaba India
- Address: Sagami bld 1F 2-7-9 Yaesu Chuo-ku Tokyo
- Price: ¥ 300 – ¥ 2000
- Opening hour: Mon – Fri 1115 am – 3 pm, 5 pm – 11 pm Sat – Sun 12 pm – 3 pm, 5 pm 10 pm
- Phone: 03-3272-7160
- Website: www.dhabaindia.com
17. Chiles Mexican Grill Sports Cantina
The Chiles Mexican Grill Sports Cantina is a 5-minute walk away if you are coming from the exit of F5 Fukitoshi Line. This restaurant is best known for its Mexican food and casual ambience. If you are coming from the nearby shopping centers in Omotesando, drop by this restaurant for some tacos and margaritas.
- Name: Chiles Mexican Grill Sports Cantina
- Address: Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku, Jingūmae, 1-8-24
- Price: ¥ 600 – ¥ 1500
- Opening hour: Mon 11 am – 4 pm Tue – Fri 11 am – 9 pm Sat 11 am – 10 pm Sun 11 am 8 pm
- Phone: +81 3-6434-9693
- Website: www.chiles-grill.com
18. Schmatz Restaurant
Schmatz Restaurant is a German restaurant in Minato. It would take you a 1-minute walk to reach this restaurant from the subway in Akasaka-Mitsuke Station. If you are coming from the subway in Chiyoda Line Akasaka Station, that would be a 5-minute walk away. In Schmatz Restaurant, you will get to try different types of beers from Germany and Europe. The staff speaks fluent English, and they will be happy to chat with you about the origins of the beer. Try their currywurst, herb sausage, and the sausage/wiener dishes.
- Name: Schmatz Restaurant
- Address: 3-19-8 Akasaka, Minato 153-0004, Tokyo Prefecture
- Opening hour: Mon – Sat 11 am – 3 pm 5 pm 11 pm Sun 11 am – 1030 pm
- Phone: +81 35 545 5424
- Website: www.schmatz.jp
Pho Nam is an Asian Noodle Shop specializing in Vietnamese cuisine. Try the most popular Vietnamese dish called Pho. Pho is a rice noodle soup, with strips of chicken or beef, crunchy fresh bean sprouts, onion springs, spices, and plenty of herbs. This dish is perfect for a well-balanced diet that is not heavy on the stomach.
- Name: PhoNam
- Address: 3 Chome-1135 Shinmarukohigashi, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa-ken 211-0004
- Price: ¥ 100 – ¥
- Opening hour: Daily 11 am – 9 pm
- Phone: +81 3-5413-3224
- Website: www.phonam.jp
20. Barbacoa Aoyama
Barbacoa Aoyama Restaurant is a 5-minute walk away from the subway of Hanzomon Line in Station 5 of Omotesando. This restaurant specializes in Churrasco food that originated in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 1990. Churrasco cuisine is a style of barbecuing meat. Meats are seasoned only with salt, skewered, and baked in a rotary oven.
- Name: Barbacoa Aoyama
- Address: 4-3-2 Jingumae | Tokyu Reit Omotesando Square B1, Shibuya 150-0001, Tokyo Prefecture
- Opening hour: Mon – Fri 1130 am – 2 pm, 530 pm – 10 pm Sat – Sun 1130 – 3 pm, 530 pm – 9 pm
- Phone: +81 337960571
- Website: www.barbacoa.jp
21. The Apollo
The Apollo Company is a restaurant located in the Tokyu Plaza, just a 3-minute walk from the Sakuragachicho Station. Apollo is a restaurant that serves the specialties of the Greek Cuisine. The chefs mostly work on dishes with seafood, lamb, and other Mediterranean delights. Dining in this restaurant is an awesome experience. The place is stylish and simple, a perfect place for family and friends.
- Name: The Apollo
- Address: 5-2-1 Ginza | Tokyu Plaza Ginza 11F, Chuo 104-0061, Tokyo Prefecture
- Price: ¥ 500 – ¥ 8000
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun 11 am – 11 pm
- Phone: +81 3-6264-5220
- Website: www.theapollo.jp
The Seirinkan Restaurant is a 2-minute walk from the Tokyu Toyoko Line Naka-Meguro Station and the subway in Hibiya Line Naka-Meguro Station. You will notice a restaurant gilded with of cast iron against the building’s hard concrete. A camouflage net covers the awning of the entrance door. Once inside, the lively atmosphere of a typical pizza place provides a contradiction of your first impression. Seirinkan offers the best pizza and marinara in town. Long before the number of pizza places in Tokyo increased, this place has already been established.
- Name: Seirinkan
- Address: Yubinbango153-0051 Meguro-ku, Tokyo Kamimeguro 2-6-4
- Price: ¥ 300 – ¥ 7000
- Opening hour: Daily 1130 am – 2 pm 6 pm – 9 pm
- Phone: +81 3 3714 5160
- Website: www.localplace.jp
23. Dancing Crab
The Dancing Crab Restaurant is a minute away from the Odakyu Odawara Line Shinjuku Station. It is also a 5-minute walk from the Keio Line Shinjuku Station and from the subway of Marunouchi Line. The Dancing Crab is a happy place to be if you enjoy finger food, lobsters, and crabs. The lively atmosphere in the Dancing Crab appeals to the whole family if you want to party with great food and great ambience.
- Name: Dancing Crab
- Address: 3-37-12 Shinjuku | 2F Shinjuku NOWA Bldg., Shinjuku 160-0022, Tokyo Prefecture
- Price: ¥ 300 – ¥ 700
- Opening hour: Daily 1130 am – 1130 pm
- Phone: +81 363805151
- Website: www.dancingcrab.jp
24. Buffalo Wing & Smile Tokyo
The Buffalo Wing and Smile Tokyo will surely bring you many smiles. This restaurant is famous for their Buffalo Chicken Wing that comes with different sauces. You can choose from mild teriyaki honey to the spiciest condiment. The staff here are friendly making this restaurant a perfect place for casual nights with family and friends.
- Name: Buffalo Wing & Smile Tokyo
- Address: 3-52-2 Minami Otsuka | 1F Hosaka Bldg, Toshima 170-0005, Tokyo Prefecture
- Price: ¥ 300 – ¥ 3000
- Opening hour: Tue – Fri 530 pm – 11 pm Sat 3 pm – 11 pm Sun 3 pm – 10 pm
- Phone: +81 3-5927-9727
- Website: www.facebook.com/buffalowingsandsmiletokyo
Uchiyama Restaurant is a 3-minute walk from the Toei Asakusa Line in Higashi-Ginza Station Exit A7 and Exit A8. This restaurant serves traditional Japanese cuisine. They have the best desserts in town. Check their wide selection of teas and smoothies. We recommend the lemonade slushy that is perfect for a hot sunny day.
- Name: Uchiyama
- Address: B1F, Light Bldg., 2-13- Ginza, Chou-Ku, Tokyo
- Phone +81 3541 6720
- Price: 1500 – ¥ 27,000
- Opening hour: Lunch 1130 am – 2pm, Dinner 6 pm – 11 pm
- Holiday: Closed mid-August, late December, early January and 1st Sunday
- Website: www.ginza-uchiyama.co.jp
In a nation that is known for its hard work and strict discipline, perfection is a duty. These values are also apparent in Tokyo’s culinary. With a cornucopia of the best dishes in the world, Tokyo for sure is an epicurean’s delight.
Have a good trip and travel!