Shinjuku is a major commercial and administrative center of Japan. It’s a special city ward in Tokyo. The busiest railway station in the world is located in Shinjuku. It’s also a popular tourist destination. Shinjuku has thousands of izakayas spread throughout the city. Here is a list of 10 interesting izakayas to go in Shinjuku.
1. Ranse No Koshitsu Sengoku Buyuden Shinjuku
Have you ever been to a Samurai themed restaurants? Here is your chance! Ranse No Koshitsu Sengoku Buyuden Shinjuku is decorated in artifacts from Japanese civil war era (Sengoku Jidai). When you enter this izakaya it feels like you’ve jumped through time and came to a land of Samurai soldiers!
- Name: Ranse No Koshitsu Sengoku Buyuden Shinjuku
- Address: 1-6-2 Kabukicho | 4F T-Wing Bldg., Shinjuku
- Phone: +81 3-3209-2277
2. Marudori Ruisuke
If you are a fan of chicken then Marudori Ruisuke is your heaven! The beautiful izakaya is famous for their chicken dishes. You can taste different chicken dishes that you didn’t even know existed! The ambiance is great and the service is lovely. They speak English in there so no communication problems for you.
- Name: Marudori Ruisuke
- Address: 7-14-6 Nishishinjuku | 2nd Takahashi Bldg. 1F, Shinjuku
- Phone: +81 3-3371-0616
3. Showa Izakaya Hanbe
Showa Izakaya Hakuri Tabai Hanbe is another interesting izakaya to go to in Shinjuku. It is one of the most famous izakaya chains in Japan. This izakaya is decorated in the theme os Showa era. The izakaya offers excellent food at a cheap price.
- Name: Showa Izakaya Hakuri Tabai Hanbe
- Address: 5F 1-23-14 Kabukicho Shinjuku Tokyo
4. Zauo Shinjuku
One of the most interesting restaurants in not only in Shinjuku but in Japan is the Zauo Shinjuku otherwise known as the fishing restaurant! The seating area of the restaurants is a boat and you actually get to catch the fish that will be used to make your dish!
- Name: Zauo Shinjuku
- Address: Japan, 〒160-0023 Tokyo, 新宿区Nishishinjuku
- Phone:+81 3-3343-6622
5. Nihombashi Beniton Nishishinjuku 7-chome
Nihombashi Beniton Nishishinjuku 7-chome is an excellent izakaya to go to with your friends and family. The staff there are very friendly and the food is tasty. They have Enlighs menus available. The decoration of the izakaya is beautiful and classy.
- Name: Nihombashi Beniton Nishishinjuku 7-chome
- Address:7-14-9 Nishishinjuku | 1F Daiichi Kikaku Bldg., Shinjuku 160-0023, Tokyo Prefecture
- Phone: +81 3-5386-8101
6. Teuchi Soba Daian
Teuchi Soba Daian is a great place to go for Soba and Sake. They are also famous for their freshly grilled chicken and egg dishes. The restaurant is located in a nice area and there are different shops nearby so you can so a bit of shopping while getting your meal too!
- Name: Teuchi Soba Daian
- Address: 3-36-6 Shinjuku | 2F Daian Bldg, Shinjuku
- Phone: +81 3-3352-5113
7. Tofuro Nishinjuku 1-chome
Tofuro Nishinjuku 1-chome is a cozy izakaya in Shinjuku. The izakaya is located in a basement but you would never guess that sitting in the izakaya. The decoration is posh and classy. The food tastes great and the waiters are very helpful.
- Name: Tofuro Nishinjuku 1-chome
- Address: 1-24-1 Nishishinjuku | B2F Estech Joho Bldg., Shinjuku 160-0023, Tokyo Prefecture
- Phone: +81 3-5381-0111
8. Takamaru Sengyoten 3-goten
Takamaru Sengyoten is a famous chain restaurant in Japan. They are renowned for their Sashimi dishes. The sea food served in there are always fresh and the best in quality. The price is reasonable. If you want to taste different Sashimi dishes, you should definitely check this place out.
- Name: Takamaru Sengyoten 3-goten
- Address: Shinjuku, 東京都 〒160-0022, Japan
9. Donjaka Suehirodori
Donjaka Suehirodori is a nice little Japanese pub. If you want to have a good time drinking, this is the place you should go. Their Sakes are famous. They also serve different authentic Japanese dishes. The price is reasonable.
- Name: Donjaka Suehirodori
- Address: 3-6-12 Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture
10. Nagiya Yoyogi
It’s small but very beautiful izakaya with excellent food. It’s a great choice for English speaking tourists because they have English menus and they understand and speak English in there. The ambiance is nice and resembles traditional Japanese style.
- Name: Nagiya Yoyogi
- Address: 1-38-8 Yoyogi, Shibuya, Tokyo Prefecture
Shinjuku is a popular area in Tokyo. So, if you’re ever on a trip to Japan, chances are you’ll be visiting the city. Now that you know where to go to get the most amazing food, you can be a bit more confident about your trip. And we know when you’re traveling to a country that doesn’t speak your language, a little bit of confidence can be the deciding factor!
Have a good trip and travel!