The numerous sights aside, the magnetic Catalonia boasts a host of prestigious Michelin starred restaurants that will sure to make your taste buds dancing. Catalans have much to be proud of than the alluring points of interests that lure visitors from all over the world. There’s so much within the borders than meets the eye, and the restaurants here are no exception.
1. El Celler de Can Roca
A brainchild of the Roca brothers – Josep, Joan and Jordi – this wonderful restaurant holds three Michelin stars and was named “World’s Best Restaurant” in 2013 and 2015 by the magazine Restaurant. The waitress opens the menu with a black paper lantern to disclose five edible bites, each representing a country for a different gastronomical experience. The cuisine served is traditional Catalan, used with seasoned local ingredients combined with professional techniques and unique presentations.
- Name: El Celler de Can Roca
- Address: Calle Can Sunyer, 48, 17007 Girona, Spain
- Phone No: +34972222157
- Opening Hours: Tue-Sat 13:00 to 14:30 & 20:30 to 22:00
- Website: http://cellercanroca.com/
2. Sant Pau
A Michelin-starred restaurant on the Catalan coast between the Girona and Barcelona province, inspired by the culinary traditions of Catalonia and perfected by the chef Carme Ruscalleda. The chef delicately crafts creative, delicious cuisine in her own gourmet style to present a fine balance of natural flavors and nice texture.
- Name: Sant Pau
- Address: Carrer Nou, 10, 08395 Sant Pol de Mar, Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34937600662
- Opening Hours: Tue-Sat 13:30 to 15:30 & 21:00 to 23:00
- Website: http://www.santpau.jp/
3. Àbac Restaurant
A calm, elegant yet neutral ambiance awaits you at this haute cuisine establishment, which has been awarded two Michelin stars and nominated for “Catalonia’s Best Restaurant” in 2011 by the Catalan Academy of Gastronomy. Àbac creates cuisine with utmost sophistication combined with little details and the best ingredients to present remarkable gastronomical delights.
- Name: Àbac Restaurant
- Address: Av. del Tibidabo, 1, 08022 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34933196600
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 13:30 to 16:00 & 20:30 to 23:00
- Website: http://www.abacbarcelona.com/
One of the greatest Spanish chefs Paco Pérez, together with his wife, converted the traditional Miramar into an avant-garde cuisine restaurant that it is known today. Other great chefs wonderfully create unique contemporary gourmets in the kitchen, combined with the talent and innovative twists from the master chef Paco Pérez himself.
- Name: Miramar
- Address: Passeig Marítim, 7, 17490 Llançà, Girona, Girona, Spain
- Phone No: +34972380132
- Website: http://restaurantmiramar.com/
5. Restaurante Lasarte
Martín Berasategui’s vision of a gastronomical Barcelona, Restaurante Lasarte is one of the best restaurants not only in Catalonia but all of the Spain, where locals, as well as tourists, flock to relish the wonderful flavors mastered by the chef. The warm texture combined with a fine selection of modern furnishings make the restaurant more characterful.
- Name: Restaurante Lasarte
- Address: Carrer de Mallorca, 259, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34934453242
- Opening Hours: Tue-Sat 13:30 to 15:30 & 20:30 to 23:00
- Website: http://www.restaurantlasarte.com/
Already a holder of two Michelin stars, this impeccable gourmet establishment continues to wow its customers with their creative, fresh cuisine inspired by the traditional Catalan culinary culture and managed by chef Carme Ruscalleda. This is a multi-cuisine restaurant where you can enjoy the delicious burgers from NYC, the savory dumplings from Hong Kong, duck from Shanghai and the famous cheese from London.
- Name: Moments
- Address: Passeig de Gràcia, 38, Eixample Esquerre, Barcelona
- Phone No: +34931518781
- Opening Hours: Tue-Sat 13:30 to 15:30 & 20:30 to 22:30
7. Restaurant Malena
Based in a traditional country house in the Lleida province, Malena is one of the best restaurants in the region, thanks to its prominence as a one star Michelin restaurant. This is an ideal place to savor some delicately prepared, creative cuisine made from hand-picked locally sourced ingredients, mostly Catalan. The restaurant also has a garden which is perfectly equipped to facilitate large-scale celebrations.
- Name: Restaurant Malena
- Address: Carretera Sucs (Complex la Vaqueria), 25112 Gimenells, Lleida, Spain
- Phone No: +34629818604
- Website: http://malenagastronomia.com/
Have a good trip and travel!