Benalmadena is a town in southern Spain, the Benalmadena is famous for its beaches, and the biggest Buddhist stupa which stands 33m tall. Here is a helpful article which will hopefully make your trip to Benalmadena better!
1. Visit Parque De La Paloma
Parque De La Paloma is a park located at the center of Benalmadena, the park is a house to wildlife animals like rabbits peacocks cockerels, turtles, and chickens. Other attractions include a lake, a cactus park etc. There are cafes where you can buy a coffee and relax. I would suggest this place as a great place for kids to have fun.
- Address: Av. Federico García Lorca, 13, 29631 Arroyo de La Miel, Málaga, Spain
- Website: http://www.andalucia.org/es/turismo-cultural/visitas/malaga/otras-visitas/parque-de-la-paloma/
2. Visit the old Spanish village -Pueblo
Benalmadena Pueblo is typically an old Spanish town. The streets are beautiful and are decorated with flowers. There are plenty of restaurants and bars where you can have a good time. The old town gives you a beautiful view of the coast! Get down here and explore the old Spanish town.
- Address: Benalmadena, Spain
3. Have fun at Tivoli World
Tivoli World is a theme park. The Park has beautiful gardens and fountains making it a better place to hang out in the evening. The place features many rides one of them is Torre De Caida which is 60 m tall. Altogether, it is the best place to hangout with friends and family, the park is open until midnight, so you can enjoy the cooler temperatures.
- Address: Avda de Tivoli, s/n, 29631 Benalmádena, Málaga, Spain
- Price: Expensive
- Opening hour: 4 pm – midnight
- Website: http://www.tivoli.es/
4. Explore architecture of Colomares Castle
An inexpensive place with the extraordinary architectural styles, from Byzantine and Gothic to Romanesque. This castle is dedicated to Columbus; The castle is just a 10 min walk from the Old city. It also provides great views of Coast. Travel tip: The castle may be closed in the afternoons for few hours so plan your trip accordingly.
- Address: Finca la Carraca, Ctra. Costa del Sol, s/n, 29631 Benalmádena, Málaga, Spain
- Price: 2 Euro
- Opening hour: 10 AM – 1:30 PM; 4 Pm – 7 PM
- Phone: +34 678 03 40 11
- Website: http://www.castillomonumentocolomares.com/index.php/en/
5. Have fun and shop at Marina
Puerto Marina has many bars, restaurants, and shops where you can enjoy; The restaurants offer splendid views of the marina, there all types of restaurants from Tapas, Texex, Chinese, Japanese to American restaurants. and obliviously being the Marina there are boat trips. The bars, restaurants of all type and shopping area make the Puerto Marina a best holiday destination.
- Address: Darsena de Levante, s/n, Benalmadena,Spain
- Phone: +34 692 23 14 85
- Website: http://www.puertomarinabenalmadena.com/
6. Ride Teleferico Benalmadena
The Teleferico is a cable car that will take you to the top of the mountain from Tivoli World. The ride lasts for about 15 min, the cable car on the way as well as from the summit provide breathtaking views of Benalmadena. To add to your marvel there are Eagles and Buzzards flying high in the sky. The ticket covers the fee of falconry show make sure you watch it.
- Address: Explanada del Tivoli, s/n,, 29630,Benalmadena, Spain
- Phone: 952 57 77 73
- Website: http://telefericobenalmadena.com/
7. Let the Eagles sit on you – Jardin de Las Aguilas
Jardin de Las Aguilas translates to Garden of Eagles. The cable ride takes you to the top of the mountain here is the Garden of Eagles. The eagles are well trained, they fly high and circle around the meat and then grab it. The Eagles may touch you but no worries as I said they are well trained. But you still don’t want them to touch you then you can sit in a separate section from where the Eagles are steered away.
- Address: Benalmadena, Spain
- Phone: 952 568 239
8. Enjoy the peaceful environment at Stupa de la Iluminacion
It is a Stupa situated in the Benalmadena, the Stupa is 33m tall. The Stupa has a very calm and peaceful environment; the best place to sit and meditate. This Tibetan Stupa depicts the part of Buddhas life. The entry to the main floor is free, but be sure to check out the interesting exhibition on the floor below costing a very little amount of money.
- Address: Av El Retamar, s/n, 29631 Benalmádena, Málaga, Spain
- Phone: +34 662 90 70 04
- Price: Free
9. Let Butterflies fly around you
Next to Stupa de la Iluminacion is this beautiful butterfly park. The park has many verities of butterflies, the park is quite big and also has a pond. There is a small cafe inside the park, it is a great family destination. The stupa along with the butterfly park is an inspiring place.
- Address: Av. de Retamar, 29639, Benalmadena, Spain
- Opening hour: 10 AM – 7:30 PM
- Phone: +34 951 21 11 96
- Price: Inexpensive
- Website: http://www.mariposariodebenalmadena.com/en/
10. Visit Castillo de Bil Bil
The Castillo de Bil Bil is a house built in the early half of the twentieth century; Due to the Spanish civil war, the house was left behind by the family who commissioned it. The house is Moorish-style summer house. This mansion can be booked for a wedding; if you are lucky enough then you may watch a wedding taking place at this beautiful setup.
- Address: Avda. Antonio Machado, 78, 29630,Benalmadena, Spain
- Phone: 34 952444328
- Price: Free
Have a nice trip and travel!