Las Palmas is a gorgeous city in the Canary Islands that is known for it’s beaches and attracts many visitors throughout the year. A cultural hub, this city has many restaurants for travelers to explore. With choices like Spanish food, steak houses, Mediterranean food, breakfast houses, and many other options, visitors can almost always find something that suits their taste. For the travelers in all of us and those looking for great food in Las Palmas, below is a list of 7 of the highest ranked and most well known restaurants of different types throughout the city.
1. Tasca Galileo
With a high rating on many review websites, this restaurant has been serving international food to visitors since it’s creation. Having just expanded to serve more visitors, the restaurant’s facebook page is full of inviting photos of the food that they serve. Touted as “well worth [it]” and “fantastic”, visitors might want to consider making a reservation to assure they have a table at this popular restaurant.
- Address: Calle Galileo, 13, 35010 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
- Hours: 12:00~16:00, 20:00~24:00
- Closed: Monday
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Tasca-Galileo-654996697941441/
2. Allende Triana
This wonderful restaurant, also off of the Avenue de Canaries, is known for it’s European and Spanish food. Busy at almost all hours, there might be a bit of a wait, but everyone who has visited the magical place knows that it’s worth it. With very few bad reviews, this restaurant is one that you just “can’t miss”.
- Address: 35002 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- Hours: 13:30~24:00 (Sunday 13:30~17:00)
- Website: http://www.allenderestauracion.com/
3. Restaurante Deliciosa Marta
A beautiful stop just a few blocks off of the Avenue de Canaries, this restaurant is run by a husband and wife duo and has been since it’s opening. It serves Mediterranean, European, and Spanish cuisine, all which is presented wonderfully by the chef. Hailed as “charming” and “exceptional”, this gem is rated a 4.5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor.
- Address: Calle Pérez Galdós, 23, 35002 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
- Closed: Saturday and Sunday
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DeliciosaMarta/175219185833075
4. Casa Montesdeoca
This high end, fancy restaurant is the perfect place for couples to visit for an excellent Italian or Mediterranean meal. Rated at a solid 4 on Tripadvisor, the atmosphere is said to be beautiful and quaint, as this place is tucked away in a little corner. Though the exterior of the restaurant is humble and unassuming, the inside has lead visitors to come back again and again for the good service and wonderful meals.
- Address: Calle Montesdeoca, 10, 35001 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
- Hours:12:30~16:00, 20:00~24:00
- Closed: Sunday
- Website: http://www.casamontesdeoca.com/
5. Restaurante El Tipico Español
Many reviews for this restaurant are written in Spanish, which matches their Spanish and seafood centered menu. Perfect for a quick meal for travelers not looking for a fancy place to stop, this place has a very cute and cultural feel to both the indoor seating and the outdoor seating. Though this restaurant is not one of the favorites around the city, it is certainly a hidden gem with many amazing reviews speaking for it’s good service and food.
- Address: Paseo de las Canteras, 19, 35008 Palmas de Gran Canaria (las), Las Palmas, Spain
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Restaurante-Tipico-Espa%C3%B1ol/214354231929463
6. El Churrasco
A steakhouse with a higher end feel to the atmosphere, this restaurant also serves Argentinian food and is perfect for families traveling with children or large groups. With a 4.5 total review on Tripadvisor, the food is said to be “tasteful” and the wait staff “very attentive”. Many who leave this place say it is a must visit for any travelers to the Las Palmas area and is a perfect place to either finish the evening or stop for a mid-day lunch.
- Address: Calle Olof Palme, 33, 35010 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
- Hours: 13:00~24:00
7. La Bikina Cantina
Serving Mexican, Asian, and Thai food, La Bikina Cantina is known as a wonderful stop for food with a splendid atmosphere. This restaurant is also a breakfast house, touted as a great place to start the day, the outdoor seating that is available allows visitors to view directly out onto the promenade of Las Canteras. Whether you leaving thinking that it’s the best restaurant in the entire city or just a good place to stop for a light lunch, this place will serve you well while you travel.
- Address: Paseo las Canteras, 63, 35010 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
- Hours: 12:00~24:00
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/labikinacantina
Whether you are dreaming about a trip to the spectacular island of Las Palmas or putting that dream into reality and planning your stay, hopefully this article was helpful to find the best places in Las Palmas to grab a bite to eat.
Have a good trip and travel!