Source: Christian Birkholz
Malaga, being at the coast of Mediterranean Sea, offers some of the most scenic and atmospheric bars in Spain. Ranging from old-fashioned bars to modern clubs, there’s hardly anything the Andalusian city doesn’t have. Fine drinks, reasonable prices, and a fun crowd are only a few reasons to check out its bar scene. Take a look at the list of Malaga’s best bars here.
1. Antigua Casa de Guardia
— AntiguaCasadeGuardia (@acasadeguardia) June 8, 2016
Antigua Casa de Guardia has been going strong since 1840 and was a favorite of Picasso. This bar is considered to be the best wine bar in the city, known for its sweet Malaga wines that are dispensed straight from the barrels behind the counter. The interior consists of dark wooden tables in front of a long row of old barrels.This is a great place for having reasonably priced beer and wine in a cozy atmosphere.
- Name: Antigua Casa de Guardia
- Address: Alameda Principal 18, Malaga
- Price: Malaga wines £1 a glass
- Opening hour: Mon-Sat, 9am-10pm
- Website: antiguacasadeguardia.net
- Phone: 00 34 952 214680
2. ZZ Pub
A popular club among students, ZZ Pub is featured with music ranging from funk to jazz, soul and salsa, with live stage performances on Mondays and Thursdays. Considered to be one of the best venues in the city for live performances, this pub transforms into a lively place during the night.
- Name: ZZ Pub
- Address: CalleTejón y Rodríguez 6, Malaga
- Price: Mixed drinks £5-£8
- Opening hour: Daily, 10.30pm-4am at least
- Website: facebook.com/zzpub
- Phone: 00 34 952 441595
3. Bodegas bar el Pimpi
El Pimpi’s interior encompasses interconnected rooms with a courtyard and open terrace overlooking the Roman ampitheatre. Walls decorated with historic feria posters and enormous barrels are witnesses to the celebrities like Tony Blair and Antonio Banderas. Apart from refreshing drinks, the bar also offers a range of tapas and tasty meals.
- Name: Bodegas bar el Pimpi
- Address: Bodegas Bar El Pimpi, Calle Granada, 62, Málaga
- Opening hour: Sun-Thurs 10am-2am, Fri-Sat 10am-3am
- Website: www.bodegabarelpimpi.com
- Phone: +34 952 22 54 03
4. El Jardin
A beautiful Viennese-style cafe next to palm gardens near the cathedral and the Picasso museum, this place is a perfect example of sheer elegance and beauty.Come for a fine glass of wine along with authentic Spanish delicacies, and listen to some young-at-heart septuagenarian producing magical notes from the piano.
- Name: El Jardin
- Address: C/ Cañón, 1, Malaga
- Phone: +34 952 220 419
- Website: www.eljardinmalaga.com
5. Sala Opium
A lively and exotic club, Sala Opium boasts of outstanding oriental decorations. The trendy bar features an oriental atmosphere and offers a range of entertainment features from live music to shisha, from belly dancing to amazing drinks. The interior is dimly lit with luxurious couches and decorative pillows. A stylish bar, that undoubtedly is worth coming back to.
- Name: Sala Opium
- Address: Opium, Calle Santa Lucia 12, Málaga
- Opening hour: Tues-Weds 10pm-3:30am, Thurs 3:30pm-3:30am, Fri-Sat 3:30pm-4am, Sun 7:30pm-3:30am
- Website: www.discotecasenmalaga.es
- Phone: +34 670 09 87 49
6. Puerta Oscura
This old-fashioned 19th-century bar is known for its live classical music concerts. Styled like an old palatial house with chandeliers, and with piano playing in the background, Puerta Oscura is a perfect place for quiet romantic evenings. Its central location and a wide variety of cocktails escalate its charm to a whole new level.
- Name: Puerta Oscura
- Address: PuertaOscura, Calle Molina Lario, 5, Málaga
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 10am-2am, Sat-Sun 10am-3am
- Phone: +34 952 475 896
7. La Biblioteca
A grown up bar with a Victorian library themed decor, Biblioteca is is a new addition to Malaga’s bar scene.Especially suited for for old-school House music and cocktail lovers, this cool place is great for having a few drinks with friends. La Biblioteca is full of interesting objects with regular Sushi nights and House music evenings.
- Name: La Biblioteca
- Address:C/ Juan de Padilla, 15, Malaga
- Price: Drinks £7-£10
- Opening hour: Wed 10 pm-4 am. Thu-Sat 11 pm-4 am
- Phone: +34 667 91 42 68
Have a good trip and travel!