Manaus is formerly known as Lugar de Barra do Rio Negro. Manaus is the capital city of Amazonas, Brazil. It is the most populous city in the state with a population of 2,316,173 in the metro area and 2,020,301 in the municipality. The total land area of Manaus is 11,401.06 kilometers squared.
1. Go to Teatro Amazonas
Teatro Amazonas is a 19th century European Opera house in the middle of Amazon that is still operating up until now. The architecture is very great. You should attend a concert in the evening and you will feel like just being inside is already a privilege because of how magnificent it is.
- Name:Teatro Amazonas
- Address:Avenida Eduardo Ribeiro | Centro, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69025-140, Brazil
- Acess: 16 minutes away from Igreja Sao Sebastiao
- Phone:+55(92) 3622-1880
- Opening hours:Mon – Sat 9:00 – 17:00
2. Espaco Cultural Largo de Sao Sebastiao
Espaco Cultural Largo de Sao Sebastiao is the best place to visit in downtown Manaus. As you walk around the streets you will be able to see a lot of historical architecture, galleries and even markets and open spaces. There are so much to view in this place. You just walk around without having to spend a dime.
- Name:Espaco Cultural Largo de Sao Sebastiao
- Address: Praca Sao Sebastiao | Centro Historico, Manaus, State of Amazonas, Brazil
- Acess: 15 minutes away from Tavola Redonda
- Phone: 559236221880
- Opening hours: Open all the time
3. Visit Museu da Amazonia (MUSA)
Museu da Amazonia is not just an ordinary museum but it is a museum that has the world’s largest urban forest. This place is best for hiking. There are a lot of tour guides and you should climb the watchtower to see a magnificent 360 degrees view of the forest.
- Name: Museu da Amazonia (MUSA)
- Address:Av. Margarita | Cidade de Deus, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69099-285, Brazil
- Acess: 20 minutes away from Praia da Lua
- Phone: +55 92 3582-3188
- Opening hours:Thu – Tue 9:00 – 16:00
4. Manauara Shopping
Give yourself a treat and buy something that would definitely make you remember Manaus but if you really intend to do a lot of shopping then this is the best place for you. It is a really big shopping mall, there are even a cinema and lots of restaurants for you to choose from.
- Name:Manauara Shopping
- Address: Av. Mario Ypiranga, 1300 | Adrianópolis, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69057-002, Brazil
- Acess: 5 minutes away from Cachacaria do Dede e Emporio
- Phone: +55 92 3643-4700
- Opening hours:Sun 14:00 – 21:00
- Mon – Sat 10:00 – 22:00
5. Swim around Ponta Negra Beach
IF you want to get away from the busy city and just relax then you should go to Ponta Negra Beach. You can either walk around the coastline, sunbathe, have a swim or just relax feeling the ocean breeze. The beach is really clean and the view is really great. It is definitely worth a visit.
6. Igreja Sao Sebastiao
Igreja Sao Sebastiao is not just an ordinary church. It is very ancient and well-preserved. It has a big historical value in Manaus and the church looks so good especially at night. The interior is magnificent too. It is truly worth a visit.
- Name: Igreja Sao Sebastiao
- Address:Rua Tapajos, 54 | Centro, Manaus, State of Amazonas, Brazil
- Acess: Next to Amazon Theatre
- Price: Free
- Phone: +55(92) 3232-4572
- Opening hours: Monday-Sunday 6:00am-8:00pm
7. Have some nature and wildlife tours
If you are a nature lover or you just simple want to explore Manaus and get in touch with its nature then you should really book a nature and wildlife tour. There are a lot of tours available such as Amazon Eco Adventures, Amazon Green Tours,Amazon Brasil Jungle Tours, Tropical Tree Climbing, Amazon Antonio Jungle Tours, Amazon Backpackers and so much more.
8. Enjoy the view at Ponte Do Rio Negro
Ponte Do Rio Negro is a place where there is a river with an overlooking of a bridge. There are also a lot of boat tours offered in the place. You should go get yourself booked now if you want to. There are also a lot of restaurants around the area. You can just walk around and enjoy the view if you want to.
9. Walk around Manaus Botanical Garden – MUSA
Make your vacation at Manaus a memorable one by hiking around the garden and getting in touch with nature. You will be able to see a lot of butterflies aside from the amazing flowers and trees too! You can climb the tower of 42 meters if you like to see the amazing views up there.
- Name: Manaus Botanical Garden
- Address: Avenida Margarita | Cidade de Deus, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69099-285, Brazil
- Acess: 18 minutes away from Praia da Lua
- Price: $10USD
- Phone:+55 92 3582 3188
- Opening hours:Thu – Tue 9:00 – 16:00
10. Monumento a Abertura dos Portos as Nacoes Amigas
Monumento a Abertura dos Portos as Nacoes Amigas is a historical place with black and white stone patterns. The sculptures and the monument are the main focus of the people visiting here since it is so magnificent. The square is so lovely to walk around and take pictures. It is just located in Praca Sao Sebastiao.
11. Palacio the Rio Negro
Palacio Rio Negro is an old building that is very well-preserved. It is an impressive remembrance of the structures from the past and what is best about is that it is free for public viewing so don’t forget your camera to take pictures of the magnificent architecture.
- Name: Palacio Rio Negro
- Address:Avenida Sete de Setembro 1546, Manaus, State of Amazonas, Brazil
- Acess: 15 minutes away from Parque Jeferson Peres
- Opening hours:MOnday-Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm
12. Go to Palacete Provincial
Palacete Provincial is one of the historical places/architecture in Manaus that you should really visit. The place is really impressive with numerous of museums inside for you to check out. The staff is really friendly and accommodating too.
- Name:Palacete Provincial
- Address:Praca Heliodoro Balbi, s/n | Centro, Manaus, State of Amazonas, Brazil
- Acess: 10 minutes away from the city center
- Price: $8-$10 USD
- Phone:(92) 3622-8387
- Opening hours:Tue – Fri 9:00 – 14:00
Sat 9:00 – 13:00
13. Praia do Tupe
Praia do Tupe is not just a regular park it has an overview of the beach too. It is a really good place to walk around just enjoy the view. You will surely fall in love with Manaus by visiting this place. There are a lot of food stalls and restaurants around just in case you want to grab something to eat. It is just located 5 minutes away from the city.
14. Explore Museu Numismatica Bernardo Ramos
Museu Numismatica Bernardo Ramos is a museum with an impressive array of medallions and coins from around the world. They have the oldest crafts and things in Brazil stored in this museum. The staff is really friendly too and you can have an English tour guide if you want to.
- Name: Museu Numismatica Bernardo Ramos
- Address: A Palacete Provincial | Praça Heliodoro Balbi, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69005-260, Brazil
- Acess: 10 minutes away from Museu Numismatica Bernardo Ramos
- Price: $5 USD
- Phone: +55(92)3622-8387
- Opening hours:Tue, Wed 9am-5pm, Thu-Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 4pm-8pm
15. Interact with the animals at Zoologico Manaus Tropical
If you want to enjoy the wildlife in Manaus then going to Zoologico Manaus Tropical is a great idea. The little kids will absolutely love this place and the kids at heart too. The animals are unique, the ones that are usually in the Amazon region such as jaguars, monkeys and so much more.
- Name:Zoologico Manaus Tropical
- Address: Avenida Coronel Teixeira, 1320, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69037000, Brazil
- Acess: 10 minutes away from Bar Tropical
- Price: $5-$10USD
- Opening hours:Monday-Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm
Have a good trip and travel!