The City of Santa Barbara is located on the coastline of Pacific Ocean. Eateries, Shops, and beautiful buildings are the major attraction in The Downtown area. Here we present you the top 10 things to do in Santa Barbara Downtown.
1. Santa Barbara Courthouse
The courthouse has four main buildings spread in an area of 2 hectares. It includes a jail wing, which is no longer in use. The visitors are allowed to visit The Mural Room, The Law Library, Hall of Records, The Grounds and Observation Tower. The observation tower is a key attraction; it provides the 360-degree view of the city. The view of the city from the tower are breathtaking.
- Address: 1100 Anacapa St., Santa Barbara, CA
- Website: http://www.santabarbaracourthouse.org/
2. Granada Theatre
Source: By Business Navigatoren
The Granada Theatre was built in the year 1924, now has been beautifully restored. Located at the Center of Downtown, the theater has a bar on both the two floor. It is a is a year-round performing arts venue. Running shows from Classical to pop Culture, and is one of the finest entertainment venues in Santa Barbara.
- Address: 1214 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Opening hour: Mon – Sat: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm, Sun: 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Website: http://www.granadasb.org
3. Santa Barbara Museum of art
The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, one of the finest art museums. It is the house to nationally recognized collections which are of International value. Museum collections include antiquities; 19th-century French, British, and American art; 20th-century and contemporary European, North American and Latin American art and Asian art.
- Address: 1130 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA
- Opening hour: Tue to Sun: 11 am – 5 pm, Thu: 11 am – 8 pm
- Holiday: Monday
- Website: http://www.sbma.net
4. Paseo Nuevo – Shops and Restaurants
The perfect place for taking some rest of your busy schedule and enjoy the shopping at Paseo Nuevo. There are nearly 50 shops and dozens of restaurants. Visit Nordstrom Marketplace Café or Gourmet Burgers for a delicious snack or meal.
- Address: 651 Paseo Nuevo, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Opening hour: Varies upon the department stores and restaurants
- Website: http://www.paseonuevoshopping.com/
5. Urban Adventure Quest
In this quest, the city of Santa Barbara is your game board. This quest can be played with any smartphone. You will be given the clues to your smartphone and you need to solve those clues. By solving the clues, you will unravel the history of Santa Barbara and its unique hidden gems. Take part in this amazing quest and unravel the secrets of Santa Barbara.
- Address: 1500 Santa Barbara St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, United States
- Website: http://www.urbanadventurequest.com/
6. DeeTours of Santa Barbara
DeeTours Santa Barbara is a travel company offering two tours one is City tour and the other is Wine tour. City Tours lasts for about 1 hour and 30 min, in this tour, you will unravel the history of the city and will have a glance over the main points of interest in the City. While Wine Tour gives you a unique experience of tasting Santa Barbara County Wine, Beer, and Vinegar plus a mini city Tour of Santa Barbara. The Wine tours last for about 6 hours, but can be customized for a shorter period.
- Address: P.O. Box 90251, Santa Barbara, CA
- Price: For City Tour: $25 – $50, For Wine Tour: $115 – $175,
- Website: http://www.DeeToursofSB.com
7. Alice Keck Park Memorial Gardens
Located at the Garden street, Santa Barbara is the place for the ones who love nature! Find a shaded tree in the park sit there or take a nap and enjoy the nature. At the heart of the park is a pond with full of turtles and lily pods, kids will have a great time in this park.
- Address: Garden St & Arellaga St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
- Website: http://www.santabarbaraca.gov/gov/depts/parksrec/
8. Salt Caves
Discover the underground salt caves in Santa Barbara. There are two salt caves, offering various sessions. Take part in these sessions and feel good, and experience the power of zero gravity chair. They offer a variety of healing and relaxation treatments.
- Address: 740 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Opening hour: 10 am to 7 pm
- Website: http://www.saltcavesb.com
9. La Arcada Courtyard
Located on State Street next to the Art Museum, La Arcada was built and overseen by a local family intention was to provide a cheerfull place. The place is house to unique shops. The place is known for the famous dolphin fountain at the foot of State Street.
- Address: 1114 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, United States
- Tel: 1 805-966-6634
10. Cafe and restaurant
Cafes and restaurants are the best places to hangout with your friends and family members. We have compiled a list of the best cafes and restaurants in the Downtown area, Here is the list:
- Arnoldi’s Caf
- Relais de Paris
- Paradise Cafe
Have a nice trip and travel!