For those who love to eat, they consider Fukuoka as a food paradise. This city offers great food that is guaranteed to satisfy your food cravings. If you happen to be in Fukuoka, make sure to try the very popular Hakata Ramen. Your visit to the city will not be complete unless you try their signature dish!
1. Yatai Stalls
Fukuoka is well known for their famous Yatai Stalls. These stalls that appear when the sun sets is one of the main attraction of the city. There are over a hundred of them and for some, going to the Nakasu Island to eat Hakata Ramen is one of their usual routines. These stalls that line the streets of Fukuoka is definitely one of the best places to try out the city’s specialty dish.
Ichiran Nakasu Head Shop & Office
5-3-2 Nakasu, Hakata ward, Fukuoka city, Fukuokapic.twitter.com/dUDIbsIhvx
— Ramen_Info (@Ramen_Info_JP) April 30, 2016
One of the unique and interesting features of Ichiran is the water that they use for their ramen. Aside from their original red sauce and home-made noodles, the water that they use is filtered to bring out the best taste of the broth and compliment the ingredients of the ramen.
- Address: 5-3-2 Nakasu, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 810-0801, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Phone: +81 92-262-0433
- Business Hours: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Website: http://www.ichiran.co.jp/index_hp.html
3. Shin Shin Hakata Deitos Restaurant
The secret to the taste of the Shin Shin Ramen is due to the effort of Mister Yoshida. He has gained many years of experience as a shop keeper while perfecting the taste of the Hakata Ramen. People who visit the restaurant attest to the delicious taste that can only be found at the Shin Shin Hakata Deitos Restaurant.
- Address: 1-1 Hakataeki Chuogai, Hakata-ku, 812-0012, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Phone: +81 92-473-5057
- Business Hours: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Website: http://www.hakata-shinshin.com/tenpo_deitos
4. Kanedake, Canal City Hakata Ramen Stadium Restaurant
The Abe noodles which perfectly compliments the soup of the ramen is one of the reasons why people visit Kanedake. Aside from the noodles, the broth which had been perfected from numerous trial and error by the shop owner has found its way to the hearts and stomachs of the locals and tourists alike.
- Address: 1-2 Sumiyoshi, Hakata-ku | Ramen Stadium, 812-0018, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Phone: +81 92-283-1911
- Business Hours: 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Website: http://canalcity.co.jp/ra_sta/shop/detail/344
5. Ramen Jinambo Hakata Restaurant
— 福岡PARCO(福岡パルコ) (@parco_fukuoka) February 13, 2016
Ramen Jinambo has won first place in the Fukuoka general ramen election. Since this is a small restaurant, it can get very crowded during peak hours. Ordering your ramen is very easy. All you need to do is buy tickets on the vending machine and you have the option to tell the shopkeeper on how firm/hard you want the noodles to be. The broth is quite delicious and it helps increases your appetite.
- Address: 2-16-4 Hakataekimae, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0011, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Phone: +81 92-473-5558
- Business Hours: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Website: http://r-jnb.jp/
6. Ramen Raizo, Hakata Moroka Restaurant
The broth that is used for the ramen of Ramen Raizo has been cooked for over 20 hours. This method of cooking allows the flavor of the soup to be stronger and the minerals from the pig bones to get concentrated. The result of this process is a delicious soup which compliments the special noodles that were handpicked by the owner of Ramen Raizo.
- Address: 2-10-28 Moroka, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0894, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Phone: +81 92-502-8880
- Business Hours: 11:00 am – 3:00 am (the next day)
- Website: http://hakata-raizou.net/
7. Ippudo Tao Fukuoka Restaurant
— 銅鑼笑門 (@doraemon_twine) March 4, 2016
Ippudo wants to spread the taste of the Japanese culture to the world in the form of ramen. The Hakata Ramen that has a very creamy sauce which was developed by Ippudo has been a favorite of the locals for many years. The delicious and often called “sophisticated” taste of the soup is the main factor that contributes to the success of Ippudo.
- Address: 1-13-13 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 810-0001 , Fukuoka Prefecture
- Phone: +81 92-738-7061
- Business Hours: 11:00 am – 12:00 midnight
- Website: http://www.ippudo.com/
Have a Good Trip and Travel!