A night time outing could offer you quite a number of unforgettable experiences while you are visiting Toyama. From late dining and having a cozy drink to enjoying breathtaking views – you can have the night of your life there. We are listing ten nightlife activities that you can enjoy in Toyama for you.
1. Night Lights of Kansui Park
The popular water side park that surrounds a canal lights up at night and offers a sight that you don’t want to miss during your visit to Toyama. The view is spectacular and you can also enjoy special events such as firework displays which are arranged here throughout the year. The lightened up bridge at night is one of the major attraction of Toyama.
- Name: Fugan Canal Kansui Park
- Access: A 9 minute walking distance from the North Gate of JR Toyama Station
- Address: Minatoirifunecho,Toyama 930-0805, Toyama Prefecture
- Phone: +81 76-444-6041
- Food & Drink: French Restaurant La Chance, Starbucks
2. Firefly Squid Tour at Toyama Bay
The beautiful Toyama Bay is famous for it’s mysterious glow in specific months. The glow is caused by Sparkling Enope squids, more commonly referred as the firefly squids. The mesmerizing sight of these squids’ brilliant bioluminescence can be enjoyed from the shore. But for best viewing experience, one can take boats to go a little off the shore to observe it properly. Namerikawa firefly squid tour is a popular tour that leaves early in the morning from the port of Namerikawa.
- Name: Namerikawa firefly squid tour
- Address: Fixed-net fishing off the coast of Namerikawa, Toyama
- Phone: 076-475-0100
- Months: Early April to Early May
- Time: Boats leave at 3.00am, everyday of the week
3. Yokata Festival
Thank you for the follow. I send greenings from japan. ＊Sweet dreams＊
Good night (*μ_μ)♪ Toyama * Spring Festival pic.twitter.com/MlMOlKEC5X
— COCO(今日も笑顔で過ごしたい～♪） (@cocochankawayu) April 24, 2015
Yotaka festival, celebrated towards the end of Spring, is a festival of colors and lights where everyone comes together to offer prayers for good harvest. The festival is held at Tonami, a town in Western Toyama. The unique feature of this celebration is the battle between mikoshi made with paper by neighboring regions. Each year, a lot of people gather to enjoy the spectacular sight.
- Name: Yotaka Festival
- Address: Tonami, Western Toyama
- When: Second Weekend of June
4. Pub Pot Still
Pub Pot Still is an Irish style pub which serves good food and drink in a pleasant atmosphere. The pub specializes in beer and boasts to serve only high quality beer in cans, bottles and also directly from a beer tap. You can choose from a menu of full meal options and beer snacks. The place also offers a place to play darts and pool. Pub Pot still is situated very close to Toyama station, and is a foreigner friendly place to hang out.
- Name: Pot Still
- Address: Japan, 〒930-0003 Toyama Prefecture, Toyama, Sakuramachi, 2 Chome−3−27
- Phone: +81 76-433-3347
- Website: http://pot-still.net/
5. Music at Club Mairo
【Pallet 企画】DROPOUT (TOYAMA) 160327 富山 club MAIRO pic.twitter.com/QUR2C7MKvN
— てる (@teru_lpg) March 28, 2016
Club Mairo is known as the only major nightclub of Toyama. The club is located near Toyama station, which is famous as the nightlife for foreigners area of Toyama. Night shows and popular concerts are arranged here throughout the year. If grooving to music along with a fine drink is your preferred scnee, then Club Mairo is the place for you to visit during your night in Toyama.
- Name: Club Mairo
- Address: 2 Chome-2-29 Sakuramachi, Toyama, Toyama Prefecture 930-0003, Japan
- Phone: +81 76-445-1181
- Website: http://mairo.com/mairo/
- Event Update Website: http://www.songkick.com/venues/124210-club-mairo
6. Toyama Castle – Night View
富山なう！飯がうまい〜温泉も最高！だが観光客（外国人）が少ないな〜#富山城 #castle #富山 #toyama pic.twitter.com/SwnjS6tlh8
— Upstairs (@upstairsjp) May 25, 2015
The Toyama castle which was built in 1543, and it’s surrounding area is maintained as a public park now. The castle has major historical background and is renovated as Toyama Castle Park. It also houses the local history museum and Sato Memorial Museum. If you are fond of old establishments, don’t miss the charming stroll around in the castle area just to see the beautiful building in its nighttime glory.
- Name: Toyama Castle
- Address: Place/1-62 Honmaru , Toyama City
- Access: A 10 minutes walking distance from JR Toyama station
- Phone: 076-432-7911 ( Toyama City Museum of Local History )
- Phone: 076-432-9031 ( Toyama Satou Museum )
7. Beeline Bar & Club
You can find Beeline – the bar and the club in an alley of Chuodori, Toyama. This place, also famous for it’s party arrangements, has a more relaxed atmosphere. Have a drink or two here, order some food or hang out with a group of people in this prettily decorated bar.
- Name: Beeline
- Address: 1 Chome-1-4 Chuodori, Toyama, Toyama Prefecture 930-0044, Japan
- Phone: +81 764 22 7075
- Website: http://beeline-e.co.jp/beeline-toyama/
8. English Restaurant Pepin
Pepin is an English style restaurant located quite close to Beeline. This place is known for good food and great service. The menu is English but food is usually served in smaller portions. Pepin is a good place for casual dining experience and opts to play a selection of modern music in low volume. If you are traveling alone, you can choose one of the single counter seats for a meal or a drink.
- Name: Pepin
- Address: 1 Chome-2-14 Chuodori, Toyama, Toyama Prefecture 930-0044, Japan
- Phone: +81 76-425-7745
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PEPIN2004
9. Bar Jail Bird
Jail Bird bar is a very traditional styled shot bar. It is located in Sogawa, which is the midtown of Toyama city. The place can be a bit hard to find as the entrance is not easily detectable. This bar is one of the authentic bars of Toyama city. The atmosphere is a relaxed one with jazz background music. They offer whiskeys, beers and a small selection of wines.
- Name: Bar Jail Bird
- Address: 3-3-1 Sogawa, Toyama, Toyama Prefecture
- Price: +81 76-423-6776
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BarJailBird/
10. Cherry Blossoms of Night Toyama
It's said that the most beautiful Starbucks in the world:-)
@ Toyama Kansui Park (photo credit: Shuhei) pic.twitter.com/Ezq0JF6wxi
— Kako Ito (@JASGA) August 4, 2015
The night lights of Toyama and the cherry blossoms are a wonderful combination of beauty that will enhance your Toyama traveling experience a notch higher. The 500 cherry blossom trees of Matsukawa, which is selected as one of the top 100 cherry blossom viewing spot in Japan, are lit up in the evening for you to enjoy. Walk around any of the many parks lined to cherry blossom trees in Toyama and finish it up with your favorite cup of coffee from what is referred as the world’s most beautiful Starbucks.
- Months of Bloom: March to April
- Views: Parks
- Special: Lit up Cherry Blossoms of Matsukawa
- Popular: Starbucks at Fugan Canal Park
Along with the high quality food and drink, Toyama is famous for quite a number of unique night time festivals and sightseeing options. Whether you are a night owl or not, you would not want to miss the opportunity to drink in the beauty of the nights while traveling to Toyama.
Have a good trip and travel!