In Japanese tradition hot spring is mainly known as Onsen. Onsen heals the mind and gives pleasure to the bodies. Japan is well-known for Onsen. When you are traveling in Japan Onsen is the thing you must visit to get relief from stress. Here is the list of 15 Onsen recommendation in Japan that really worth your journey in this city.
1. Saya no yu dokoro
Saya no yu dokoro is categorized as one of the finest onsens in Tokyo. The place is surrounded by a pretty garden. There are many outdoor baths here. Also 8 different types of baths indoors, dry sauna, steam sauna. A person can rent 2 hours at a time. Come and enjoy the best onsen treatment here.
- Name: Saya no yu dokoro
- Address: Itabashi-ku Maenocho 3-41-1
- Open hours: from 10:00-1:00 am
- Cost: 800 yen on weekdays/1000 yen on weekends.
- Website: http://www.sayanoyudokoro.co.jp
2. Myoujin no Yu
Myoujin no Yu is known as the traditional onsen where the delight treatment given to relief the stress. There is a large outdoor bathing area in this onsen. They have 7 baths which are all outdoors. Some baths are made with Japanese cypress, a mist sauna and normal sauna included in it. Come and Relax here.
- Name: Myoujin no Yu
- Address: Adachi-ku Oyata 1-18-1
- Open hours: from 10:00- 12:00 am (closed 3rd Tuesday)
- Cost: 600-1400 yen
- Website: http://www.myoujin-no-yu.com
3. Oedo Onsen Monogatari
Oedo Onsen Monogatari is a beautiful and finest onsen in Japan. This place is known as an enormous bathing facility in Tokyo. 5 types of indoor baths, large outdoor bath, individual outdoor bath, mist sauna, standard sauna are always available here. A person can rent a room with private bath. The spa is also available here. You can come here and enjoy the onsen.
- Name: Oedo Onsen monogatari
- Address: Oedo-ku Harumi 2-6-3
- Open hours: from 11:00-9:00 am
- Cost: 1980 yen on weekdays/2180 yen on weekends.
- Website: http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/daiba
4. Nagomi no Yu
Nagomi no yu is a very suitable onsen house in the city. It includes 8 different stone sauna rooms with varying temperature. It costs extra 300 yen. These services are indoor bath, outdoor individual baths, indoor carbonated bath, Jacuzzi bath, foot bath, cold bath, sauna like a salt steam sauna, minus ion sauna etc. There is also a restaurant for the visitors. Come and enjoy the best.
- Name: Nagomi no yu
- Address: Suginami-ku Kamiogi 1-10-10
- Open hours: from 10:00-9:00 am
- Cost: 2150 yen as usual but at 5:00 am-8:30am 1200 yen. The 26th of every month 1950 yen, overnight 5000 yen.
- Website: http://www. Nagomino-yu.com
5. Niwi no Yu
Niwi no yu is one of the beautiful and elegant onsen place in Japan. This place is surrounded by a garden. The place is perfect for a full day relaxation. There are a pool area and a Finnish-style sauna. Their services include indoor carbonated bath, micro bubble bath, a reclining bath, large main bath, outdoor bath in the garden etc. Come and enjoy the onsen with the natural beauty.
- Name: Niwi no yu
- Address: Nerima-ku Koyama 3-25-1
- Open hours: from 10:00-23:00 pm
- Cost: 2250 yen everyday. After 6pm on weekdays 1260 yen
- Website: http://www.niwinoyu.jp
6. Shimizu Yu
Shimizu Yu is the finest and reasonable onsen in Japan. This onsen is very popular among the people and provides the best services in convenient price. Their services include outdoor bath, Jacuzzi, water jet bath, electric bath, natural hot spring bath, resting area, rocky sauna. The special female-only rocky sauna is also available here.
- Name: Shimizu Yu
- Address: Shinagawa-ku Koyama 3-9-1
- Open hours: from 12:00-12:00 am(weekdays), 8:00am-12:00am (sunday)
- Cost: from 400 yen to 1300 yen.
- Website: http://www.shimizuyu.com
7. Matsu no Yu
Matsu no Yu is an elegant and classy place for taking onsen bath. The place is best for retro murals painted walls. The walls have really attracted the customers. There are 2 indoor baths with wall murals, a rock garden with a bath attached, bamboo outdoor bath, sauna and rocky sauna available here. Come and enjoy the best bath in here.
- Name: Matsu no Yu
- Address: Shinagawa-ku Tagoshi 6-23-15
- Open hours: from 15:00-1:00 am
- Cost: From 400 yen to 1000 yen.
- Website: http://www.matsunoyu.com
8. Jakotsu Yu
Jakotsu Yu is well-known for traditional onsen in japan. It might be a nice place for the people who like to soak after a long day of sightseeing. The place is very much attractive for its natural beauty. Their facilities are also very much attractive. The services that actually they give are like outdoor bath, indoor bath, resting room, and sauna. For sauna , the visitors have to be given extra 200 yen.Come and relax here.
- Name: Jakotsu Yu
- Address: Taito-ku Aakusa 1-11-11
- Open hours: from 13:00-12:00 am (Tuesday closed)
- Website: http://www.jakotsuyu.co.jp
9. Hakone Onsen
- Name: Hakone Onsen
- Address: Hakonemachi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa
- Website: http://www.Hakone Travel Video Guidebook.com
Hakone onsen is one of the outstanding hot spring places which located in Japan. Visitors can get day spa facilities here. Many shops are also located there. Visitors can get the taste of accommodations from historic and well-established ones or purely Japanese home style to a large scaled resort hotel. Enjoy your day here.
10. Kusatsu Onsen
Kusatsu Onsen is a leading Onsen in Japan. The main attraction called Yubatake ( hot water field) is one of the resort’s main source of hot spring water. The Onsen area is very lively. A person can visit multiple hot springs for free and also enjoy shopping at variety shops there. Nice resort inns, hotels, and cafes are situated around the city. Don’t forget to visit here.
- Name: Kusatsu Onsen
- Address: Kusatsumachi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
- Open hours: from 13:00-12:00 am
- Website: http://planetyze.com/en/japan/gunma/kusatsu-onsen
11. Ibusuki Onsen
Ibusuki Onsen is also a popular and elegant onsen in town.This Onsen is very much famous for natural sand bath called “Sunamushi”. The bathing style is very unique. A person will be covered by sand at the beach. This bath has an effect on nerve pain and muscle ache. It is also helpful for beauty salon treatment.
- Name: Ibusuki Onsen
- Address: Ibusuki-shi, Kagoshima
- Website: http:// www.ibusuki.or.jp
12. Noboribetsu Onsen
Noboribetsu Onsen is popular and maintaining their elegance for many years. This Onsen is recognized as the best in Hokkaido. Their hot spring facility includes sulfur and hydrogen sulfide which soften and lighten your skin. There is also iron spring which has a tremendous effect on your fatigue. Come and enjoy their bath facility here.
- Name: Noboribetsu Onsen
- Address: Noboribetsu Onsencho, Noboribetsu-shi, Hokkaido
- Website: http:// www.noboribetsu onsen.com
13. Kurokawa Onsen
Kurokawa Onsen is the finest Onsen in the city of Tokyo. In here, almost every inn has their open-air hot spring. Visitors can bathe in 3 hot springs among of them. For that visitors have to buy bathing pass called “Nyuyoku tegata”. Their spring quality is beyond the expectation of visitors.
- Name: Kurokawa Onsen
- Address: Minami Ogunimachi, Aso-gun, Kumamoto
- Website: http:// www.Kurokawaonsen.or.jp
14. Yukemuri no Sato Susukin
Yukemuri no Sato Susukin is the finest place for taking baths. 15 types of baths, massages are boasted here with the help of masseuse’s feet and 6 types of rock sauna. A restaurant is also there for fulfilling your appetizer. The price rate of getting their service is also cheap. The Onsen is easily accessible from Tokyo. Come and enjoy here.
- Name: Yukemuri no Sato Susukin
- Address: Yokohama-shi Aoba susukino 3-2-7
- Open hours: From 7 to 12 am
- Cost: from 400 yen to 1500 yen
- Website: http://www.yukemurinosatosasukin.com
15. Beppo Onsen
Beppu Onsen is a well known traditional Onsen in Oita. The number of hot spring wells and the yield of hot water is the largest in Japan. There is a famous tour here that is called Beppo Jigoku Meguri that you can see different types of jigoku springs like Sea Hell, Blood pond Hell, white pond Hell, and Tornado hell.
- Name: Beppu Onsen
- Address: Beppu-shi, Oita
- Website: http://www.beppuonsen.com
Have a nice trip in Japan and enjoy the best onsen.