Source: Tomás Fano
Barcelona is probably the first hotspot that comes to mind when you think about shopping in Catalonia. The autonomous community of Catalonia has a distinct character and charm from the rest of the Spain, and its four provinces – Barcelona, Lleida, Tarragona, and Girona – enclose a remarkable wealth of shopping hotspots from medium-sized retailers to world’s leading fashion labels. In Catalonia, you can find everything to suit everybody’s taste and budget.
1. La Roca Village
This is a premium outlet shopping mall conveniently located between Barcelona and Costa Brava. An up-market shopping destination for locals and tourists alike, La Roca Village is a cosmopolitan blend of international brands at discounted prices. All the big fashion labels like Hugo Boss, Karren Millen, MontBlanc, The North Face, Timberland, Hackett, and other renowned names in the fashion industry can be found here at fantastic prices.
- Name: La Roca Village
- Address: Polígon Can Massaguer Nord, 2E, 08430, La Roca del Vallès
- Phone No: +34938423939
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 10:00 to 21:00
- Website: https://www.larocavillage.com/
2. Les Topettes
Les Topettes is a feast for the senses. Located on a bustling street in the Raval district of Barcelona, this is an ideal destination for everything cosmetics and toiletries. You’ll find beautifully packed scents, soaps by Claus Porto, Tokyo Milk’s exotic creams, Keims moisturizers and designer candles and unguents from Diptyque and L’Artisan Parfumeur among others in the Les Topettes’ premium collection.
- Name: Les Topettes
- Address: Carrer de Joaquín Costa, 33, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34935005564
- Opening Hours: Mon 16:00 to 21:00, Tue-Sat 11:00 to 14:00 & 16:00 to 21:00
- Website: http://www.lestopettes.com/
Avui al 1r Mercat de la terra al #Mercantic Sant Cugat Comprometidos con el consumo responsable. #cocinaecológica pic.twitter.com/EaUiPTfiBK
— Kescou.cat (@kescou) May 29, 2016
Mercantic is one of the largest indoor antique markets in Spain with over 80 permanent stores that sell everything from antiques to trade-related restoration stuff such as vintage clothes, old records, jewelry, home furnishings, artwork and much more. This creative space is a paradise for art lovers and young artists.
- Name: Mercantic
- Address: Av. de Rius i Taulet, 120, 08173 Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona
- Phone No: +34936744950
- Opening Hours: Tue-Sun 09:30 to 20:00
- Website: http://www.mercantic.com/
4. Els Encants
The Els Encants is one of the oldest and the largest flea markets in Europe, and the biggest of its kind in Barcelona with over 500 vendors that sell everything from second-hand clothes and antique furniture to unique vintage jewelry and electronics items. Public auctions also held here on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, where you can get your hands on your favorites at discounted rates.
- Name: Els Encants
- Address: Calle Castillejos, 158, 08013 Barcelona
- Phone No: +34932463030
- Opening Hours: Mon,Wed,Fri & Sat 09:00 to 20:00
- Website: http://www.encantsbcn.com/
Maremagnum is a large shopping and leisure center created from the largely abandoned docks located in Port Vell. This bustling shopping center boasts of all the big names from the fashion industry such as the Spanish-based Mango, Barcelona’s Desigual along with other premium fashion labels. The second-floor terrace is entirely dedicated to the restaurants and cafes.
- Name: Maremagnum
- Address: Edifici Maremàgnum, Moll d’Espanya, 5, 08039 Barcelona
- Phone No: +34932258100
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 10:00 to 22:00
- Website: http://www.maremagnum.es/
6. Vila Viniteca
Vila Viniteca is a Mecca for the wine connoisseurs. Alongside the original deli, the Vila Viniteca stocks one of the finest collections of wines in Barcelona with over 7500 different wines. This fine establishment has been collecting and selling the best local and imported wines from their store since 1932.
- Name: Vila Viniteca
- Address: Carrer Dels Agullers, 7, 08003 Barcelona
- Phone No: +34902327777
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 08:30 to 20:30
- Website: http://www.vilaviniteca.es/
A quiet little shop in a weird corner of Gràcia, Magnesia is an intriguing gift store that sells all kinds of gift items such as beautiful all-occasion greeting cards, bespoke stationery, nicely framed illustrations, handcrafted jewelry, and herbal scented candles – almost everything you’d like to be gift-wrapped.
- Name: Magnesia
- Address: Carrer del Torrent de l’Olla 192, Barcelona
- Phone No: +34931190187
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 10:30 to 14:00 & 16:30 to 20:00
- Website: http://www.magnesiabcn.com/
Have a good trip and travel!