Source: Maria Morri
Enjoying Jerez isn’t about visiting historical monuments- one might even say that the standard tours around the town are simply not enough to explore the uniqueness of the Southern Spain. The true essence of the country lies in the entirety of wines, grown in the region around Jerez, more specifically due to its aroma and taste. The global hysteria of beers, prominently savored in the entire world, does not overshadow to what Jerez offers to the tourists. Relished by all age groups, the wines are best served in local down to earth type bars and pubs. The nightlife of Jerez also boasts of music and tapas food.
1. Bar Las Banderillas
From serving best tapas in town to intoxicating the wines from the barrels, Bar Las Banderillas does not hold a grip to its offering. Las Banderillas is probably the sparkling way to enjoy Jerez nightlife, more so with its stunning interiors that portray a bull painting, a definite sign of a Spanish bar. The combination of rusty red and mustard exterior will give away its location right from the far distance, not to mention it is full of crowd and exotic music.
- Name: Bar Las Banderillas
- Address: Calle Caballeros, 12, 11402 Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
- Phone No: +34 956 35 05 97
- Opening hours: 11:00 to 16:30 & 19:30 to 02:00
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/TabancoLasBanderilla#
2. Cubaname- Sherry Cocktail Bar and Museum
A fitting name for a wide collection of rum around the world, calling it a museum. More so, the owners love for the cocktails clearly reflects the wide variety of their beverages. Opened for 15 years, the bar contains the best rums of the world in addition to the unique array of interior settings and lovely ambiance. Cubaname holds the collection of more than 650 different types of local rums from all corners of the world. Visitors are in for a real delight as the bar keeps on increasing the menu with new recipes discovered daily.
- Name: Cubaname- Sherry Cocktail Bar and Rum Museum
- Address: Avda. Tomas Garcia Figueras, 6 Edf Cerro Viejo, 11407 Jerez De La Frontera
- Phone No: +34 600484944
- Opening hours: 21:00 to 02:00
- Website: www.cubaname.com
3. Tabanco La Pandilla
You haven’t been to Jerez until a visit to a Tabanco. The local bar with best in house wines Jerez can produce is often the best part about Las Pandilla. The authenticity of the wines remains exquisite with local brewing methods. Visitors can practically sit next to the large wine barrels and enjoy the savory taste of food. Entering the bar and missing out the Pinchitos would be the biggest mistake of your life.
- Name: Tabanco Las Pandilla
- Address: Calle Los Valientes, 11403 Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
- Phone No: +34 633 95 30 75
- Opening hours: 12:00 to 23:30
4. El Guitarron de San Pedro
The name says it all about the bar cum music lounge. If you are a new to the way with music instruments, a couple of drinks in the bar will certainly improve the knowledge of it as the bar is always filled with lively music. The exciting thing about the bar is not the wine or food, but the music artists that plays a tune to different types of instruments- one of the best way to end the day.
- Name: El Guitarron de San Pedro
- Address: Address: Bizcocheros 16, 11402 Jerez De La Frontera,Spain
- Phone No: +34 649656918
- Opening hours: 12:00 to 24:00
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/guitarrondesanpedro/
5. El Colmao del Gallego
Just by looking at the barrels of wines in the bars makes it official about the love of the locals and the pride they take in displaying. El Calmao del Gallego seems like a crowded place with people enjoying every bit of comfort and wines to the fullest of their heart’s content. The bar has an earthy feeling which can be seen as you step in, making the experience more memorable by traditional local foods and hospitable staff.
- Name: El Calmao del Gallego
- Address: Jose Gomez Gallito 2 , La Constancia, 11405 Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
- Phone No: +34 605672756
- Opening hours: 12:30 to 02:30
- Website: http://www.elcolmaodelgallego.com/
6. La Nueva Tapita
Forget the name, it’s probably too hard to understand, but this bar is unlike any other bar on the list. With a modern interior and international food varieties, La Nueva Tapita brings the diverse flavors for the tourists. You might feel nostalgic after having too much local food- not to worry, head straight to this eatery. Serving the best beer and tantalizing food, the joint also hosts sports match so fans are never far away from cheering their favorites.
- Name: La Nueva Tapita
- Address: Avenida de Espera, 3, 11405 Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
- Phone No: +34 956 185 085
- Opening hours: 08:00 to 16:30 & 19:30 to 24:00
- Website: http://www.lanuevatapita.com/
7. Iroko Avenida
— Iroko Avenida (@IrokoAvenida) April 30, 2016
A night worth booze, dance, and music define what an entertainment should be. Iroko Avenida is a popular club of Jerez, mainly filled with a crowd. You cannot find any better place to enjoy the full-fledged night of dancing. Usually crowded, this place is a night full of fun. You really need to have some good connections or get yourself reserved in advance to gain an entry.
- Name: Iroko Avenida
- Address: Avenida Alcalde Alvaro Domecq, Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
- Phone No: +34 667 06 31 84
- Opening hours: 16:00 to 04:00
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/IrokoAvenida/
Visiting a destination is not just enjoying beaches and architecture, the real fun begins at night and Jerez certainly knows how to keep the night alive with its endless listing of clubs and pubs that are surely going to make a night worth remembering.
Have a good trip and travel!