Source: Don McCullough
Without a doubt, Barcelona is one of the thriving cities of the world with so much to explore and enjoy. When it comes to food, the locals already know the secret to intrigue the tourists with their signature delicacies so whatever experience they had during a visit to the city will last forever in their minds. Any tourist visiting Spain will be in love with the tapas but that doesn’t simply suffice the taste buds. You don’t want to eat all the time in the bars where it is completely crowded. The real delight of eating a food comes in the form of presentable meals with proper chairs and tables. Restaurants in Barcelona are a delight to encounter. It is not about the expensive food- the one that serves the food with best quality and service wins the day. Here are the 15 best restaurants in Barcelona to watch out while on a trip to the city.
Any restaurant that serves creative and savory delicacies is sure to get a huge attention from the crowd. Uma by Iker Erauzkin is one such example of best culinary experience to have in the city. Visually attractive décor and innovate dishes are just a few traits that will be waiting for you in the restaurant. Desserts, especially are the trademark of Chef’s skills. With only limited seating, Uma is always overbooked, hence, be ready to make a reservation in advance; that is if you are lucky enough to get a table.
- Name: Uma
- Address: Carrer de Rossend Arus, 12, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 656 99 09 30
- Cuisine: International, Mediterranean, Fusion, European, Spanish
- Opening hours: 13:00 to 17:00 & 21:00 to 23:45
Opened by an aspiring chef and owner, Blavis is a hidden mine in the city. The exterior may look like any other bars, but once inside, comes forth the beauty of this joint. Extremely warm staff will make you feel like eating at your own home. The meals are exemplary with great quality and servicing. The food will certainly make your taste buds tickle that will set up very high standards in comparing other restaurants.
- Name: Blavis
- Address: Carrer Saragossa, 85, Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 935 18 20 05
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, European, Spanish
- Opening hours: 20:00 to 24:00
There often comes the word ‘senses’, which can determine the experience of any restaurant. Spoonik is a unique dining experience that will explode your senses with its food, music and ambiance. Unconventionally, this restaurant resonates class and richness. With every dish detailed to perfection, the taste is going to spice up your palate. Inventive cuisine and top notch servicing will be waiting with a best romantic dining experience you can ever have in Barcelona.
- Name: Spoonik
- Address: Plaza Lesseps S/N, 08023 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 648 08 52 09
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Spanish, Colombian, International, Delicatessen, South American
- Opening hours: 14:00 to 16:30 & 18:30 to 23:45
The name might sound confusing but let that confusion prevail until you have experienced this wonderful restaurant. The joint is somewhat located away from the main street, making it a hidden place, but that is the fun of working hard to find the place and relish savory delicacies. The dishes are technical in detail, with prime focus placed on the complex taste. You will be greeted with a hospitable staff and top notch servicing.
- Name: Tast-Ller
- Address: D”Obradors 15 Loft | D’Obradors 15, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 663 83 37 17
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Delicatessen
- Opening hours: Tue-Sat 20:00 to 21:30
5. Viana Barcelona
It is natural to have a Mediterranean style restaurant in this list since it is Barcelona. Viana Barcelona oozes every bit of quality that a classy restaurant should have. The food is delicious, with huge focus laid on interior and ambiance. You have the option to eat a limited time dinner or enjoy the luxury of the restaurant in the bar with no time constraints. Ceviche and Fish are the trademarks of their menu and it is a must try delicacies. Just be ready to make a reservation or you might not get a table at all.
- Name: Viana Barcelona
- Address: Calle Vidre, 7, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 934638295
- Cuisine: International, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
- Opening hours: 18:00 to 24:00
6. The Box
A rather uniquely designed bar cum restaurant- The Box is all about drinking and enjoying the savory South American cuisine. Spain has so much cultural influence of Latin America and such type of restaurants does expose the culture to a whole new level. Relatively small place, the administration takes care that the guests never feel overly cramped in the joint. Serving unique drinks and delicious food, The Box is a place worth visiting.
- Name: The Box
- Address: Carrer D’en Gignas 30, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 933 19 67 17
- Cuisine: Latin, Pub, South American, Bar
- Opening hours: 18:00 to 02:00
7. Foc i Oli
Nobody can beat the classic American Burger, but that is exactly the problem tourists face while on a trip to a completely different country. Worry not, though, Barcelona brings forth Foc i Oli. The name of the restaurants may sound a bit weird but you will get a huge dose of burgers from their wide menu. It is an American-style restaurant that serves burgers to satiate your taste buds. Excellent staff and reasonable price tag keep the guests asking for more.
- Name: Foc i Oli
- Address: Carrer Aribau, 91, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 933 23 20 92
- Cuisine: American
- Opening hours: 13:00 to 16:30 & 19:00 to 23:00
8. Petit Pau Restaurant
A restaurant that gives the aura of personal and home-like feeling is a good place to dine. Petit Pau is a small yet popular food joint in the locality. The owner and the chef are friendly and greets as you enter. The menu is based on local delicacies, which is quite a good way to experience the traditional food. You have wide options of delicacies of Mediterranean and Spanish touch. However, the food is a bit expensive, but that can be overlooked owing to the service and quality provided.
- Name: Petit Pau Restaurant
- Address: Carrer de l’Espanya Industrial num. 22, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 933 31 32 75
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, European, Spanish
- Opening hours: 20:00 to 23:30
9. Restaurant Montiel
A perfect dining delight is the one that fills up your belly till you can’t take anymore. If you are a gastronomy lover then Montiel can be a perfect dining experience. The restaurant presents a gastronomic menu, which is worth every penny, with ample quantity. Even though a bit expensive in terms of food, calming atmosphere, excellent food, and attentive staff will never make you feel robbed.
- Name: Restaurant Montiel
- Address: Calle Flassaders 19, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 932 68 37 29
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Contemporary
- Opening hours: 13:00 to 14:30 & 18:00 to 22:30
Felice is a multi-cuisine restaurant that has been a popular attraction of the city. There is nothing wrong with a less spacious restaurant as long as it is providing best food and service. Felice serves international cuisine with a fusion, making it a tempting place to try out new food varieties that will hardly be ever found in other restaurants. Due to its size, the restaurant is always booked so advance reservation is advised.
- Name: Felice
- Address: Calle Francisco Giner 22, 08012, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08012 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 931121123
- Cuisine: Dutch, Mediterranean, European, Spanish, International, Fusion
- Opening hours: 13:00 to 16:00 & 19:00 to 24:00
A contemporary style restaurant is a very risky choice as most of the restaurants in the city are based on a similar theme. However, one thing that isolates Acces from the rest is the refined twist on Catalan cuisine with an alluring décor. The restaurant is a marvel of balance between a savory cuisine and hospitable service; a trait required to flourish in the business. From food to its ambiance, Access nails the board making it one of the best dining experience of the city.
- Name: Acces
- Address: Aribau 55, 08011 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 691 01 56 67
- Cuisine: Fusion, Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Contemporary
- Opening hours: 20:00 to 02:30
12. Restaurant Mian
Asian cuisines are rightly renowned for its tempting taste and bursting ingredients. Finding an Asian style restaurant in Barcelona is like hitting a gold mine and Mian is one such to serve traditional food. Spicy, tangy and sweet are just some dishes to test your palates. You will not find any better restaurant serving Asian cuisine in Barcelona and the true essence of the joint is derived from the food, settings, and it’s servicing.
- Name: Mian
- Address: Carrer de Girona, 49 | Cross with Gran Via, 08009 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 936817829
- Cuisine: Soups, Chinese, Asian, Vegetarian
- Opening hours: 11:45 to 16:00 & 19:30 to 23:00
13. Can Dende
Surprisingly, the next entry on the list provides a dining experience with no dinner option. Can Dende is a restaurant that only provides food services for Breakfast, Lunch, and Brunch. But it doesn’t mean that it is not worth any try, in fact, dining at Can Dende will simply change your perception of having a brunch. They offer a wide variety of food with awe-inspiring dishes and best of all the price tags are very reasonable.
- Name: Can Dende
- Address: Carrer Ciutat de Granada, 44, 08005 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 930198297
- Cuisine: Brazilian, American, European
- Opening hours: 09:00 to 16:30
14. Bodega Biarritz 1881
Eating at a tapas restaurant in Barcelona gives the liberty of choosing your own food from the display. Bodega Biarritz is a traditional restaurant that serves authentic local delicacies. The food is carefully selected and prepared to ensure that guests never leave with unsatisfied taste. The friendly staff will guide you through a wide array of delicacies so that you get to know what exactly the dishes are. However, they only accept cash, but with such a reasonable price tag, it is worth forgiving those small issues.
- Name: Bodega Biarritz 1881
- Address: Calle Vidre, 8, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 618 67 79 27
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Spanish
- Opening hours: 17:00 to 23:00
Italian cuisine is known for its finesse and style and BelleBuon perfectly resonates the authenticity of serving detailed delicacies for their guests. With changing menu options, every day is like a food haven for the lovers. Burrata and Pasta are just some dishes, to begin with, they have the whole list of Italian cuisine with exceptional prices. If you are a fan of Italian food, make sure to check this place out. However, be prepared to make advance reservations for dinner.
- Name: BelleBuon
- Address: Travessera de Gracia, 441, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone No: +34 935 14 1971
- Cuisine: Italian
- Opening hours: 13:00 to 16:00 & 20:00 to 24:00
Barcelona is a major tourist attraction, hence, it is bound to have lots of restaurants with diverse cuisines. It is not much about an expensive dining experience as much as it is about the food and ambiance. The above-mentioned restaurants are the top quality joints, listed for their sheer excellence in delivering a perfect dining delight.
Have a good trip and travel!