From lively entertainment districts and shopping areas to peaceful parks, small mountains and ski resorts, Sapporo is a city that has a lot to offer. The city also has many affordable accommodations options that will let you save more money to visit all the wonderful attractions. This article presents you 15 hostels to stay in Sapporo.
1. International Hostel Khaosan Sapporo
Conveniently located just steps away from the Susukino entertainment area in Sapporo, International Hostel Khaosan offers private rooms that can accommodate up to six people as well as beds in gender separated dormitories. Some rooms have private bathrooms. There is a shared kitchen and a common area with PCs to use freely. Luggage storage services are provided. The hostel is close to several attractions: Odori Park, Nakajima Park and the former Hokkaido Government Building.
- Address: 060-0063 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku Minami 3-jo Nishi 8-chome 2
- Access: a 5 minute walk from Susukino Subway Station
2. The Stay Sapporo
Just steps away from the Susukino area, The Stay Sapporo offers gender separated dormitory accommodation as well as private rooms for families. The most people a room can accommodate are six. Toilets and showers are shared for all rooms. There is a common are for guests to unwind in and a shared kitchen to freely use. The property also has a drink vending machine and a snack bar inside the building. Several attractions are within walking distance, such as Odori Park and Sapporo Clock Tower.
- Address: 064-0805 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku Minami 5 jo Nishi 9 chome 1008-10, Japan
- Access: an 8 minute walk from Susukino Subway Station
3. Tom House
Located in a convenient area of Sapporo, Tom House has the following types of accommodation facilities: single rooms, two bedroom apartments, female only dormitories and mixed dormitories. All rooms come with a flat screen TV and an electric tea kettle. The hostel has ski storage available and also bicycles can be rented for exploring the surroundings. Sapporo Dome and the Sapporo Convention Centre are close to the property.
- Address: 062-0033 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Toyohira-ku Nishioka 3-jo 5-chome 1-11
- Access: a 20 minute walk from Fukuzumi Station
Also in the Susukino area, SappoLodge offers accommodation in various types of gender separated dormitories as well as private rooms. Some rooms are western style with bunks bends while others are Japanese style with futon bedding. Toilets and showers are shared. The property is decorated in a rustic style, with wooden patterns. There is a shared kitchen fully equipped to freely use. Bikes are available for rent. Odori Park, Sapporo Clock Tower, Sapporo Factory and Nijo Market are within walking distance.
- Address: 060-0055 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku Minami 5-jo Higashi 1-chome 1-4
- Access: a 5 minute walk from Susukino Station
5. Sapporo Inn Nada
Sapporo Inn Nada offers affordable accommodation in private rooms or gender separated dormitories. Bathrooms are shared for all rooms. Private rooms and the women’s dormitory are Japanese style, while the men’s dormitory is western style with bunk beds. The property features a common dining room with a refrigerator and a tea kettle to use freely. Breakfast is served at the inn’s café. Odori Park, Sapporo Clock Tower and Higashi Honganji Betsuin Temple are a short walk away.
- Address: 064-0805 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku Minami 5-jo Nishi 9-1016-14, Japan
- Access: a 2 minute walk from Higashi-Hongan-ji-mae Tram Station
6. Untapped Hostel
Located in the center of Sapporo close to the JR Sapporo Station, Untapped Hostel lets you choose between a bed in a mixed dormitory room, a double room and a quadruple room with balcony. Beds in dormitories are all equipped with reading lights and privacy curtains. Bathrooms and toilets are shared. There is an on site restaurant that serves lunch and dinner, but a shared kitchen is also provided for guests to cook their own meals. Luggage storage and safety deposit boxes are available as well.
- Address: 001-0018 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Kita 18jo Nishi 4-1-8, Japan
- Access: just outside Kita 18-jo Subway Station
7. Jimmyz Backpackers
Jimmyz Backpackers features accommodation in a four bed female only dormitory room and a six bed mixed dormitory room. All rooms are heated, with bunk beds and shared bathrooms. Shampoo and soap are provided in the showers, as well as hairdryers. There is a common lounge that has a flat screen TV and a shared kitchen with free coffee and tea. Security lockers are available. Nearby attractions include: Chitosetsuru Sake Museum, Sapporo Clock Tower and Odori Park.
- Address: 060-0055 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku Minami 5-jo Higashi 3-2-1
- Access: a 10 minute walk from Susukino Station
8. Time Peace Apartment
Located close to the lively Susukino area, Time Peace Apartment offers beds in female only or mixed dormitory rooms. All rooms are heated during cold weather and the beds have privacy curtains. Free breakfast consisting of fresh coffee and toast is served to all guests staying. The property has a shared lounge that is stacked with books and magazines. Free luggage storage and safety deposit boxes are provided. Bicycle rental for exploring the area is also available.
- Address: 064-0808 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku Minami 8-jo Nishi 1-chome 13-92, Japan
- Access: a 6 minute walk from Hosui Susukino Station
9. Sapporo Maruyama Guesthouse Tsumuri-An
Conveniently located close to JR Sapporo Station, Maruyama Guesthouse Tsumuri-An accommodates guests in female only and mixed dormitories. Bathrooms are shared and contain all the necessary amenities. The rates include a light breakfast consisting of bread and coffee or tea. Other paid facilities include: car parking, bike rental and coin laundry. There is also a fully equipped kitchen and a common area. Maruyama Park and Nakajima Park are within walking distance.
- Address: Nishi 22-1-18 Kita1-jo, chuo-ku, Sapporo 064-0821 , Hokkaido
- Access: a 10 minute walk from Maruyamakoen Station
10. Social Hostel 365
Just steps away from the Susukino entertainment area, Social Hostel 365 lets guests choose between staying in a single room with shared bathroom or a bunk bed female only and mixed dormitory rooms. Each bed in the dormitories has a double sized mattress for greater comfort. The property has its own bar and offers a free welcoming drink to guests. Luggage storage and personal safe lockers are free of charge. Odori Park and Sapporo Clock Tower are also close to the hostel.
- Address: 064-0805 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku Minami 5-jo Nishi 9-chome1019-16 2F
- Access: a 10 minute walk from Susukino Station
11. Wagayado Hale
Located in an excellent area in the heart of Sapporo, Wagayado Hale offers accommodation in female and mixed dormitory rooms, or in private double rooms. Bathrooms are shared. The property has a shared kitchen for guests to cook their own meals. There are also rental bicycles for exploring the area. The hostel is very close to Hokkaido University, Hokkaido Government Office and Sapporo Clock Tower, which is a famous landmark of the city.
- Address: 060-0807 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Kita-ku Kita 7-jo Nishi 8-chome 3-12, Japan
- Access: a 6 minute walk from Sapporo Station
12. Guest House Yasube
Guest House Yasube accommodates guests in shared dormitory rooms, each bed having a curtain for more privacy. Rooms are air conditioned with shared toilets and showers. Free shampoo and body soap are provided in the bathrooms. There is also a shared kitchen that has a refrigerator and a microwave. Washing machines can be used for an extra charge. The property features a café that serves all kinds of snacks. Nearby attractions include Sapporo Concert Hall Kitara, Nakajima Park and Sapporo Clock Tower.
- Address: 064-0810 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Chuo-ku, Minami 10 Jyo Nishi 7-6-
- Access: a 15 minute walk from Susukino Station
13. Hokkaido Sun Guest House
Just a 10 minute walk from Hokkaido University, Hokkaido Sun Guest House accommodates guests in female only or mixed dormitory rooms. The rooms are western style with bunks beds and Japanese style with futon beddings. Breakfast is served free of charge to all people staying. The property features a shared lounge, coin operated laundry facilities and free luggage storage. Odori Park and the Susukino entertainment district can be reached quickly by a 8 minute subway ride.
- Address: 060-0042 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Kita-ku Kita 23-jo Nishi 6-chome 2-21
- Access: a 5 minute walk from Kita 24-jo Subway Station
14. Guest House Waya
Located in the center of Sapporo, Guest House Waya has bunk beds in female only or dormitory rooms. Wood screens and curtains provide privacy for each bed. There is a shared kitchen that is equipped with a microwave, a fridge and a stove. The property also has laundry facilities and luggage lockers. Guests can go fishing, hiking or canoeing in the area. The guest hose is close to several interesting attractions: Hokudai Botanic Garden, Sapporo TV Tower and Odori Park.
- Address: 062-0902 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Toyohira 2 Jō 4 Chome-1-43 , Japan
- Access: a 15 minute walk from Susukino Station
15. Sapporo International Youth Hostel
Sapporo International Youth Hostel accommodates guests in private single or twin rooms and gender separated dormitories. Toilets and showers are shared. All rooms feature a TV and are air conditioned. A shared kitchen is provided for guests to prepare their own meals. There is also a common area with free use computers. The property offers free luggage storage and free parking. The hostel is close to attractions such as Sapporo Clock Tower, Odori Park and Mount Moiwa.
- Address: 062-0906 Hokkaido, Sapporo, Toyohira-ku Toyohira 6jo 6-5-35
- Access: a 10 minute walk from Odori Station
Enjoy your stay in Sapporo! Have a good trip and travel!