Did you know that Sacramento is the capital of the U.S. state of California? Know you do. The first thing that you must think about in planning the trip to the town is where you are going to stay. Sacramento has a lot of cozy and fancy hotels to stay, but we’ve prepared a list of the best. Be ready to make some notes, because these hotels won’t let you down.
1. Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas
Homewood Suites is one of the Hilton chain hotels. According to Tripadvisor, it is the best place to stay in Sacramento. If you are shopping person, you will totally enjoy the place, due to its position. It is rounded by restaurants, but the main point is that it is located near the airport. So, if air is your type of transport, this is the best place to stay.
- Name: Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas
- Address: 3001 Advantage Way, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Price: $139-$231
- Website: http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/homewood-suites-by-hilton-sacramento-airport-natomas-SACCAHW/index.html
- Phone: 00 1 855-277-4942
2. Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Cal Expo
This is one of the best hotels in Sacramento. Of course, it is very clean and modern. Moreover, it has a lovely business style. But the best thing about this hotel is the staff. Everyone, who visited the hotel, said that the staff is amazing! You won’t find such friendly and polite staff as here. So, if the service is very important to you, or you just like to talk with a nice people, we recommend you this hotel.
- Name: Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Cal Expo
- Address: 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, CA 95815
- Price: $159-$199
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sacce-courtyard-sacramento-cal-expo
3. Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
One of the best modern hotels in Sacramento. First two hotels were small, but this one is really huge. Another big plus for a tourist like you is its location. It is situated just in the middle of the downtown. If you want to explore the city on your feet, this hotel is the best match.
- Name: Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
- Address: 1121 15th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: $420
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sacdt-residence-inn-sacramento-downtown-at-capitol-park/
4. Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Hyatt Regency hotel is one of the fanciest hotels in Sacramento. It is a luxury one. But the main reason to pick this hotel is not due to its status. It has two benefits: 1) it is situated in the downtown, 2) there are pets allowed. You don’t have to leave your animal at home or to give it to your friends or relatives. Take it with you to the amazing trip to Sacramento.
- Name: Hyatt Regency Sacramento
- Address: 1209 L Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: $125
- Website: http://sacramento.hyatt.com/en/hotel/
- Phone: 00 1 888-882-1234
5. BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House
— BW Sutter House (@BWSacramento) February 23, 2015
Don’t take it too loud as “the best western” hotel. It is a regular business hotel you can stay in. If you are planning a business trip, this is the place you need. It has a very good wifi signal if you need to chat with business partners. Moreover, It is situated in Sacramento Downtown, so a dinner after the business meeting will be a good idea.
- Name: BEST WESTERN PLUS Sutter House
- Address: 1100 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: $130-$220
- Website: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/CA/Sacramento-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-Sutter-House/
- Phone: 00 1 800-568-8520
6. The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
As you might notice, the best hotels are situated in Downtown of Sacramento. This one is not an exclusion. Besides, it is one of the eldest hotels in the city, so the rooms aren’t as big as you might think. But it will be a great trip for two people. It is very beautiful and has some Sacramento charm. If you don’t know what we are talking about, you must totally stay here.
- Name: The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Address: 926 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: $400
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sacak-the-citizen-hotel-autograph-collection/
7. Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento – Riverfront Promenade
This is another hotel of Hilton chain in Sacramento. You will like the exterior for sure. Another big deal for this hotel is its location. It is still situated in the Downtown, but this time, the place is near the river. Sit and relax; enjoy a perfect view of the river. If you decide to take a swim, no problem. There is a swimming pool. Feel yourself comfortable to use it at any time.
- Name: Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento – Riverfront Promenade
- Address: 100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: $219-$900
- Website: http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/embassy-suites-by-hilton-sacramento-riverfront-promenade-SACESES/index.html
- Phone: 00 1 855-277-4940
8. Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Airport-Natomas
— JustiGo.ca (@justigo_ca) March 12, 2016
Hampton Inn is the best place to stay if you are tight on budget. It is situated near the airport, so you won’t spend a lot of time and money to get there. But the real nice thing about the hotel is free parking. If you are planning the trip on the vehicle, consider this hotel. It can save you up to $30 per day. Pretty nice, isn’t it?
- Name: Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Airport-Natomas
- Address: 3021 Advantage Way, Sacramento, CA 95833
- Price: from $179
- Website: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hampton-inn-and-suites-sacramento-airport-natomas-SACNNHX/index.html
- Phone: 00 1 855-271-3622
9. Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town
Vagabond hotel is a decent place to stay near Old Town Sacramento. If you want to explore the district on your own, you might enjoy staying at the hotel. One of the perks is free breakfast, so you won’t spend any additional money. People say that staff is very kind. Why don’t you figure that out? 🙂
- Name: Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town
- Address: 909 3rd St, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: $99-$159
- Website: http://www.vagabondinn.com/california/vagabond-inn-sacramento.aspx
- Phone: 00 1 844-331-1045
10. Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
Hilton Garden Inn is one of the best mid-range hotels in Sacramento. It is perfect for business meetings or just short stay-ins. It is situated near Natomas Corporate center, that is far away from loud city center. It is clean and reasonably priced. You will totally enjoy staying there.
- Name: Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
- Address: 2540 Venture Oaks Way, Sacramento, CA 95833-3200
- Price: from $174
- Website: http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-garden-inn-sacramento-south-natomas-SMFSNGI/index.html
- Phone: 00 1 855-277-5057
11. Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Sheraton Grand is one of the best hotels in Sacramento. Situated in Downtown, it is a very well-designed 4-star hotel. Everybody who stayed in the hotel says that it has very comfortable rooms. If you want to stay in the luxury hotel with your family or friends, we recommend you this place.
- Name: Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
- Address: 1230 J Street, 13th and J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: from $225
- Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview
- Phone: 00 1 916-447-1700
12. Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Source: M.O. Stevens
Situated near Walnut View Estates, Larkspur Landing is one of the coziest places to stay. What is great in the place is their customer service. If you go on TripAdvisor, you won’t find any negative comments about the staff. Because they are all great! It is a great place to visit with your family. Moreover, it has really nice decor!
- Name: Larkspur Landing Sacramento
- Address: 555 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825
- Price: from $130
- Website: http://www.larkspurhotels.com/sacramento/
- Phone: 00 1 916-741-5122
13. Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
Hampton Inn is the hotel situated near Strawberry Acres of Sacramento. It is a budget place to stay. Moreover, if you want some more privacy, it is a perfect spot. Take your family with you and enjoy staying at the Hampton Inn hotel. It is especially good at summer because they have an outdoor pool.
- Name: Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
- Address: 2230 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95821
- Price: $154-$174
- Website: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hampton-inn-and-suites-sacramento-cal-expo-SACABHX/index.html
- Phone: 00 1 855-271-3622
14. DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento
— WineWalkabout (@kiwiandkoala) November 17, 2015
Another hotel with the open pool. However, this one is from the mid-range category. It is a great place to stay with friends to spend some time in Sacramento. You won’t regret staying here for sure. Customer service is very polite and kind. If you want a mix of price and comfort this place suits you the best.
- Name: DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento
- Address: 2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, CA 95815
- Price: from $107
- Website: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-sacramento-RLSA-DT/index.html
- Phone: 00 1 855-277-4931
15. Governors Inn Hotel
Governors Inn is one of the greatest hotels in Sacramento. It is situated in a nice and peaceful neighborhood. One of the advantages of the hotel is that it is easy to get to. Besides it is an option for the budget trip. The best place to stay with friends.
- Name: Governors Inn Hotel
- Address: 210 Richards Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Price: from $87
- Website: http://governorsinnhotel.com/
- Phone: 00 1 916-409-3504
That’s it for now. We hope you will enjoy staying in one of these 15 top hotels in Sacramento.
Have a good trip and travel!