For all travelers, accommodation is their number one consideration and settling on a place like a hotel or a hostel will revolve around issues like your preferred location, price, service, general ambiance, history or even for some the interior decor. We shall reduce debate time and let you worry on the many attractions for you to visit by listing all the comfortable and reasonably priced hotel-depending on your budget when you come around Nagano City.
1. Shibu Hotel
In the ancient part of Shibu lies the Shibu Hotel. It is set in the Showa era and decor, gives it a homely and unique feel which is sure to provide a relaxing atmosphere for guests. Made of Hinoki wood, the open air baths and public baths are there for guests’ enjoyment and experiencing. This restaurant offers freshly cooked meals with ingredients coming straight from the farm. To minimize issues of a language barrier, the staff can communicate in English.
- Facebook: web.facebook.com/Shibu-Hotel-Japan-190604154340525/
- Access: 2 km from Yudanaka train station and 4 km from Jigokudani Monkey Park
- Website : www.shibuhotel.com/english/
- Operating Hours : Check in 3pm and check out at 1100AM
2. Hakuba Onsen Ryokan Shirouma – So
Combining traditional and modern architectural features, this hotel stands high and mighty at the base of a ski slope of the Northern Alps which by the way are the main attractions around this place because of those breathtaking views. There are other outdoor activities lines up for you such as skiing, snowboarding, rafting, mountain biking and a lot more when you book a room at this hotel.
- Address: 5004 happo hakuba Nagano
- Facebook: web.facebook.com/shirouma/?fref=ts
- Tel: +81 261 72 2121
- Access: it is just a short walk from the Mount Bus Stop
- Operating Hours: Check in 300PM, check out 1000AM
3. Chisun Grand Nagano
Located in the suburbs of Nagano-far from the crowded and ever busy CBD, lies the Chisun Grand Nagano offering great packages for all their guests. The hotel overlooks the mountain therefore giving those spectacular views every time you look through the window. Their rooms have a western appeal and come in standard and suites. The rooms are stocked with appliances like refrigerator, TV, electric kettle, iron and a personal PC. Moreover, a breakfast buffet with a wide variety of delicious Japanese dishes is part of the deal.
- Address: 2 71 1 minami chitose, Nagano shi, Nagano ken
- Tel: 026 264 6000
- Access: it is only a five minute walk from Nagano station
- Operating Hours: check in 200PM, check out 1100AM
- Price: about 1200Yen for Breakfast charge
4. Hotel Metropolitan Nagano
With an urban appeal, this hotel is 12 story high with a capacity of 235 rooms. The rooms are highly spacious and come in single, double and twin suites. You won’t go wrong with food as there are a Japanese restaurant, a Chinese restaurant and a café right within its vicinity. They are well known for their professional services and amazing hospitality. It also allows easy access to tourist attractions nearby and to ease this, they have a currency conversion service which makes it very convenient for foreigners.
- Address: 1346 minami ishido cho Nagano 380 0824
- Tel: 81 26 291 7000
- Access: Next door from the JR Nagano station, it is right next door
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/…/Hotel-Metropolitan-Nagano/www.hotelmetropolitan-nagano.jp/
- Operating Hours: Lunch 11:30am – 2:30pm, Dinner 5:00pm – 9:30pm
5. Arcadia Hotel
Set about 1.5km from the mountainous ski area of Lizuna Kogen, this is a perfect relaxed resort for tourists with family members on a town and businessmen alike. It is located in a really cool and tranquil mountainous area with wide windows where you can have a clear view of the forest and all rooms are fitted with tea and coffee makers.
- Address: 5299 Kadosawa, Nagano, Nagano Prefecture 380-0881
- Website: http://www.one-only-arcadia.com/
- Price Range: $93 – $258
- Tel: +81 26-239-1122
- Access: 90 minutes from the Nagano Station or 13km away from the Zenkoji temple
6. Hotel Jal City Nagano
With picture perfect views of the Zenkoji Temple and the Northern Alps, this 16 story building with a capacity of 242 rooms is just the place to be. It is a perfect and convenient place especially for tourists in case they need to do a little sightseeing. The hotel has a great ambiance with dim lighting perfect for lovers and private moments. They also have an amazing sky banquet where you can enjoy your breakfast every morning. They also have a Chinese restaurant and a bar in case you need a little change from all the Japanese food.
- Access: 7 minutes by foot from the Nagano Station.
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/pages/Hotel-Jal-City-Nagano/
- Tel: +81-26-225-1131
- Address: 1221 Toigosyo-machi, Nagano-shi, Nagano
- Price: 1,050 yen per night
7. Hotel Sunroute Nagano
This hotel lies in the guard of the mountain and valleys, providing breathtaking views from any part of the hotel. It is a great location for both the tourists and the businesspersons considering the amenities in place and the ease of access. The rooms are stocked with great toiletries, nightwear and refrigerator and a convenience store in the vicinity in case you need to bag a few items. Laundry and video on demand are one of the extra features of this hotel.
- Address: 380-0825 Nagano, Nagano, Suehiro-cho 1356, Japan
- Tel: 81 26 228 2222
- Access: Only a 2-minute walk from the Zenko-ji Exit of JR Nagano Train Station
- Operating hours : Check in from 200pm and checkout 1000am
8. Kokusai 21 Hotel
This hotel has a contemporary feel just from the exterior look which gives it that extravagant touch right when you step in. The highlight of the place is the eight dining options it offers to its guests, not forgetting the sky lounge where you get to enjoy the meals with eye pleasing views. If that isn’t enough, then the Japanese stone spa and hot rock bath will lure you right into the trap.
- Address: 692 2 habashita minami Nagano
- Tel: +026 234 1111
- Access: Hotel Kokusai 21 is a 5-minute drive from JR Nagano Station.
- Operating hours : from 200pm and check out up to 1200pm
In the vicinity of a natural spring bath, this hotel couldn’t be located at a better place. The serene surroundings welcome you instantly. Their rooms are stocked with toiletries, a TV, a refrigerator and an electric kettle. An appetizing breakfast is part of the package every morning. As you walk along the grounds, you will stumble upon a library which has over 800 books and a bar downstairs in case you need a few sips. The Shinano Art Museum and Zenkoji Temple are just nearby in case you need to do a little bit of sightseeing.
- Website: https://web.facebook.com/pages/Island-Hotel/165164667020721?fref=ts
- Address: 380-0823 Nagano, Nagano, Minamichitose 2-15-8, Japan
- Tel: +81 26 226 3388
- Access: 5-minute walk from JR Nagano Shinkansen
10. Shinshu Matsushiro Royal Hotel
This a resort hotel with highly spacious and cozy rooms. It has a sauna and hot springs which are needed especially if you had a long day. To take the whole relaxation to another level, they offer massages and open air baths for you to soak in. It has got you covered food wise as well because of their French, Japanese and Chinese restaurant for you to choose from.
- Address: 381-1215 Nagano, Nagano, Matsushiromachi Nishi Terao 1372-1 , Japan
- Tel: 81 26 278 1811
- Access: free shuttle is available from JR Nagano Train Station
- Operating hours : check in from 300pm and check out till 1000am
These are just some of the many hotels present in Nagano, check in today and explore what they have ready for you.
Have a good trip and travel!