If food is love, then you will love these picks of great restaurants in Stockton, CA to grab a quick bite or to sit down with friends and family. Stockton, CA culinary scene is not to be missed, so if you are local or just visiting and looking to spend some time out on the town, then Stockton, CA has something to please your gastronomic desires.
1. Waterloo, CA
For home-style country cooking, sizzling barbecues and steak lunches, head to Highway 99. Check this restaurant and enjoy the Waterloo Experience. Established over 23 years, this restaurant is family run that regulars would keep coming back for the same taste and experience. Proof how this restaurant and its staff are doing a great job, the place gets crowded most of the days. Customers would get good value for the money spent since Waterloo serves food in big portions.
- Name: Waterloo CA
- Address: 10447 E Waterloo, Stockton CA 95202
- Price: $5 – $15
- Opening hour : Wed-Fri 1130 am – 2 pm -5pm-9 pm Fri 5 pm -10 pm Sat 1130 am-10 pm Sun 1130 am- 9 pm, Closed Mon -Tue
- Website: www.thewaterloo.com
2. French 25
French 25 is located a couple of blocks from the Weber Point Events Center, just in the corner of East Weber Street and North El Dorado. It is almost adjacent to the Hunter Square Plaza along Weber Avenue. When going to French 25, do not miss the chance to check the rooftop for some alfresco ambience. It offers a great view of the city and on some nights, the restaurant feature performances from artists and musicians. For Cajun, New Orleans or Creole style cooking, this place will not disappoint.
- Name: French 25
- Address: 110 N El Dorado St. Stockton CA, 95202
- Price: $9 – $25
- Opening hour: Mon- Thu 11:30 am – 2 pm 4 pm – 9 pm Fri- 11:30 am – 2 pm 4 pm – 10 pm Sun- 4 pm – 10 pm
- Website: www.french-25.com
3. Angelina’s Spaghetti House
If you are loyal to Italian culinary, Angelina’s Spaghetti House is a notable restaurant. Homemade pasta that is cooked or baked in different ways is prominent on the menu. Do not miss the ‘Specials’ to get deals. Also check the bar called ‘The Hangar.’ A plane’s propeller dangling from the wall is amusing to see. That alone could spark an interesting conversation. If you wish to make your own sandwiches at home, Angelina’s Deli offers a variety of cold cuts and other treats. This restaurant also caters to special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and other events.
- Name: Angelina’s Spaghetti House
- Address: 1563 East Fremont St. Stockton CA 95209
- Price: $2 – $25
- Opening hour: Mon 11 am-2 pm, Tue -Fri 11 am -830 pm, Sat 4 pm -930 pm Sun 12 pm -8 pm
- Website: www.angelinas.com
4. Midgley’s Public House
For a classic American steakhouse experience, we recommend Midgley’s Public House. The menu offers steaks and big meals for those who are hungry. Do not forget to check out Midgeley’s daily $10 Specials. The list changes daily so we suggest that you ask. The restaurant is located at the Brickwalk in Lincoln Center. It is important to note that the place gets crowded with sports enthusiasts during open season.
- Name: Midgley’s Public House
- Address: 296 Lincoln Ctr. Stockton, CA 95207
- Price: $9 – $60
- Opening hour: Sun -Thu 1130 am- 4 pm – 4 pm – 9 pm Fri -Sat 1130 am -4 pm 4 pm – 10 pm
- Website: www.midgleypublichouse.com
5. Adalberto’s Mexican Food
Adalberto’s Mexican Food is your savior in the middle of the night when your hunger strikes or you are on the run to the job. 24 /7 is what makes Adalberto’s is great. Whether to take out food or dine-in you will get your fill without spending too much. With burrito selections, that makes your mouth water, to taco plates and entrees, your stomach will surely thank you. Located at the corner of Hammerlane and Kelly Drive, this Mexican restaurant is open for your dine in or drive through orders.
- Name: Adalberto’s Mexican Food
- Address: 3243 Hammer Ln. Stockton, CA 95209
- Price: $2 -$10
- Opening hour: 24/7
- Holiday: 24/7
- Website: www.adalbertosmexicanresaurants.com
6. Angkor Restaurant
Taking a U-turn from the malls and other bigger restaurants is Angkor Restaurants. You will notice this restaurant that serves authentic dishes in Thai and Cambodian cuisine. The cooking is from scratch, spices and ingredients are from local Asian markets if not imported from Thailand or Cambodia. For the health buffs, we recommend this place. It is where cooking is made interesting. For a little bit of spice in your soup or a little bit of Asia in California, try this place out.
- Name: Angkor Thai & Cambodian Restaurant
- Address: 1415 Rosemarie Lane. Stockton CA, 95207
- Price: $7 – $17
- Opening hour: Mon -Sun 9 am – 9 pm
- Website: www.facebook.com/pages/Angkor-ThaiCambodian-Restaurant
7. Round Table Pizza
There are five locations of Round Table Pizza in Stockton: Pacific Avenue, Holman Road, W Hammer Lane, Trinity Parkway and North Pacific Ave. There are plenty of options when you look at Roundtable’s menu. You can whip up a whole set of meal from the appetizers, salads, buffalo chicken wings and the pizzas. Choose from the list of zesty sauces, toppings, and other ingredients. Then you can create your pizza.
- Name: Round Table Pizza
- Address: 2819 W March Lane, Stockton, CA 95219
- Price: $6 – $ 22
- Opening hour: Sun – Mon 9 am – 10 pm
- Website: www.roundtablepizza.com
8.Papapavlo’s Mediterranean Bistro
Think Santorini and the gleaming rooftops of Greece when you are at Papapavlo’s. This restaurant features Mediterranean cuisine and other dishes that are fit for the gods. Try the favorites like the Gyro salad, moussaka, pita bread and hummus. Sample the meats and fish cooked to perfection. The delicious and mouth-watering Baklava Cheesecake should cap the meal. Have great food and a toast to the best Greek wines.
- Name: Papapavlo’s Mediterranean Bistro
- Address: 7555 Pacific Ave. Stockton, CA 95207
- Price: $1 – $25
- Opening hour: Mon – Thu 11 am – 9 pm Fri – Sat 11 am – 10 pm Sun 11 am – 830 pm
- Website: www.papapavlos.com
9. Breadfruit Tree
Breadfruit Tree brings the Caribbean cuisine through its colorful dishes from the islands. Spicy, sweet and grilled dishes are the main attractions. In the banks of the San Joaquin Delta River, this cool restaurant offers Reggae music as its signature beat. It would be best to come here during sundown. A great view of the sunset and the Delta breeze will surely take you to the islands. Check out Breadfruit’s events for reggae parties by the river.
- Name: Breadfruit Tree
- Address: 8095 Rio Blanco Road Stockton, CA 95219
- Price: $7 -$18
- Opening hour: Dinner Hours 5pm – 9pm
Lunch hours 11am – 2:30pm
- Website: www.breadfruittree.com
10. Swagat Indian Cuisine
Last but not the least in our list is Swagat Indian Cuisine. If you are looking to start a better diet or explore the Far East flavors, visit this restaurant. The long list of food from biryanis, masalas, lamb kebab, curried dishes and tandooris among others, will bring a burst of exotic flavors in your palate. This place is a good restaurant for those who are on a diet. To those with big appetites, Swagat Indian Cuisine offers an eat all you can buffet with 31 dishes for only $9.99.
- Name: Swagat Indian Cuisine
- Address: 2233 Grand Canal Blvd. Stockton CA, 95207
- Price: $4 – $16
- Opening hour: Mon-Sun 11 am-23o pm -5pm – 930 pm
- Website: www.swagatinstockton.com
In this article, you just read about some of the many restaurants in Stockton. where you can take a little bit of the delicacy that a culture can offer. Imagine a fusion of many tastes from the different cultures. From the classic American meal to the eclectic dishes of the far regions of Asia and beyond, you can find it in one spot of Stockton.
Have a good trip and travel!