If you are visiting Tokyo, be sure to fit in a few days in the beach city of Kamakura. Located only one hour away by train from the center or Tokyo, Kamakura offers miles of beach, Buddhist temples, a growing marketplace, and more. One day will not be enough so be sure to book a night, or two, at these Kamakura hotels.
1. Kamakura Prince Hotel
Rated as #1 on TripAdvisor and across the board, Kamakura Prince Hotel is known to be the best hotel in the area. Here, you will enjoy breathtaking views of the Sagami bay while sleeping in modern rooms. Choose from buffets throughout the day, from local food to French to private dining. This is by far the most luxurious hotel setting you can find in Kamakura.
- Name: Kamakura Prince Hotel
- Address: 1 Chome-2-18 Shichirigahamahigashi, Kamakura
- Price: $210 and up
- Phone: +81 467-32-1111
- Website: http://www.princehotels.co.jp/kamakura/
2. Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kamakura Ofuna
If you are visiting on a business trip, then the Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kamakura Ofuna may be the best choice for you. It is located very close to the Ofuna train station where sightseeing Japan comes with easiness and more possibilities. Here, you can choose from single rooms to doubles to female only rooms as well. Terraces come with most rooms which offer a view of a famous landmark – the Ofuna Kannon.
- Name: Sotetsu Fresa Inn Kamakura Ofuna
- Address: 1-26-5 Ofuna, Kamakura
- Price:$81 and up
- Phone: +81 467-42-2031
- Website: http://fresa-inn.jp/eng/ofuna/
3. Hotel Mets Kamakura Ofuna
Stay in western style rooms at the Hotel Mets Kamakura Ofuna, only three minutes away from the train station. This hotel is actually part of the JR Hotel Group, known for their many hotels within Japan convenient to the rail. Snag the free WIFI, enjoy the air purifier and humidifier systems, and add their delicious breakfast onto your stay.
- Name: Hotel Mets Kamakura Ofuna
- Address: 1 Chome-2-1 Ofuna, Kamakura
- Price: $72 and up
- Phone: +81 467-40-1192
- Website: http://www.jrhotelgroup.com/eng/hotel/eng130.htm
4. Kamakura Park Hotel
Looking for a traditional Japanese hotel stay by the sea? Book a room at the Kamakura Park Hotel and opt for the balcony. Even if you do not have one, every room gets the ocean view at this hotel. Tatami mats and are available as well as other additions, such as futons and appointments at the spa for specialty treatments. The two restaurants on-site offer traditional Japanese meals.
- Name: Kamakura Park Hotel
- Address: 33-6 Sakanoshita, Kamakura
- Price: $170 and up
- Phone: +81 467-25-5121
- Website: http://www.kamakuraparkhotel.co.jp/english/index.html
5. Kaihinso Kamakura
Live the ryokan experience and stay at a Japanese inn-like setting at the Kaihinso Kamakura. Here, you will live as the Japanese do. You will enjoy breakfast the way they do, follow traditional rules of the home, and enjoy a Japanese garden as part of your stay.
- Name: Kaiginso Kamakura
- Address: 4-8-14, Kamakura 248-0014
- Price: $180 and up
- Phone: +81 467-22-0960
- Website: http://www.kaihinso.jp/
6. Hotel Kamakura Mori
Size does not mean everything and small is better when you are at the Hotel Kamakura Mori. The hotel is located right off the JR Kamakura station which leads you in line to many top attractions in the city. There are only 16 rooms total and the restaurant on site serves special Chinese food for its guests and the locals.
- Name: Hotel Kamakura Mori
- Address: 1-5-21 Komachi, Kamakura
- Price: $122 and up
- Phone: +81 467-22-5868
- Website: http://kamakuramori.net/
7. KKR Kamakura Wakamiya
Stay right by the Kamakura Seaside Park and nature of the surrounding city when you stay at the KKR Kamakura Wakamiya. This hotel leaves you in the middle of the city and comes with many room choices. The amenities are what makes this hotel make our list – there is a pool, hot tub, bathhouse, tennis courts, tea lounge, and more. The price is well worth it.
- Name: KKR Kamakura Wakamiya
- Address: 4-6-13 Yuigahama, Kamakura
- Price: $300 and up
- Phone: +81 467-25-4321
- Website: www.kamakurawakamiya.jp/
8. Kakiya Ryokan Shinkan
The Kakiya Ryokan Shinkan hotel is best known for its restaurant, which has been around since the Endon line began. With such a reputation for its history and fresh seafood and 8 rooms only for guests, getting a room here is only harder. That makes this hotel all the more special and unique.
- Name: Kakiya Ryokan Shinkan
- Address: 3-20-11 Koshigoe, Kamakura
- Price: $76 and up
- Phone: +81 0120-32-4828
- Website: http://www.kakiya.co.jp/eng.html
9. Shangrila Tsuruoka
Get cozy in these big size rooms on the main boulevard when you stay at the Shangrila Tsuruoka. There are antique furnishings in every room and if you come during springtime, you will catch the cherry blossoms in front. This is for a simple stay to either relax in on a budget or go out on the block and hit up all the nearby restaurants.
- Name: Shangrila Tsuruoka
- Address: 1-9-29 Yukinoshita, Kamakura
- Price: $15 and up
- Phone: +81 0467-25-6363
- Website: https://www.kayak.com/Kamakura-Hotels-Hotel-Shangrila-Tsuruoka-Kamakura.798471.ksp
10. Diamond Kamakura Bettei Society
Our last top Kamakura hotel may have a long name but is worth searching for it online and booking! The Diamond Kamakura Bettei Society has some of the best prices for its rooms and service. The hotel has a hot and cool pool, a restaurant, and is also located on the main boulevard close to attractions.
- Name: Diamond Kamakura Bettei Society
- Address: 3-12-25, Yuigahama, Kamakura
- Price: $150 and up
- Website: http://clubautotravel.com/japan/kamakura/diamond-kamakura-bettei-society/
No matter which hotel you stay in, this historical city and the Pacific coast are in close reach. From traditional living to modern like rooms, you can experience Kamakura any way you like when you stay at any of our top ten hotels.
Have a good trip and travel!