If you are heading towards the splendid Tokyo, you should get ready for a number of attractions and amazing delicacies. But for Muslims, it is important to consume Halal food. So, if you are worried about any such concerns, this guide is definitely a worth-reading one. This list of 10 Halal restaurants in Tokyo encompasses those restaurants the will give you tremendous taste with a pleasant environment.
Malaysian ethnic food is popular all over the world. And when it comes to Halal food for Muslims, the Malaysian restaurant becomes one of the top priorities. Malaychan is one of such ethnic food restaurants that has a variety of dishes to be offered. Since the major food ingredients are purchased from Malaysia directly, the food has a brilliant quality and maintains the standard of pure Malaysian taste. You can have delicacies of grilled fish, noodle soup, stir-fried vegetables in a warm atmosphere of the restaurant.
- Name: Malaychan
- Address: 3 Chome-22-6 Nishi-ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
- Phone: 03-5391-7638
- Price: Lunch – 900 JPY, Dinner – 1000 JPY (starting price)
- Opening hour: Monday: 17:00 hours, Tue-Thur: 11:00 hours (lunch), 17:00 hours (dinner) Fri-Sat: 11:00 hours (lunch), 17:00 hours (dinner)Sunday: 11:00 hours
- Closing hour: Monday: 23:00 hours Tues-Thur: 12:30 hours (lunch), 23:00 hours (dinner)Fri-Sat: 12:30 hours (lunch), Midnight (dinner) Sunday:23:00 hours
- Website: http://www.malaychan-satu.jp/
2. Hanasaka Ji-San
If you are in the search for an authentic Halal certified cuisine during your stay in Tokyo, Hanasaki Ji-San is a wonderful shabu shabu restaurant. It is located in Shibuya and offers a great halal shabu shabu and a lot of other varieties. Shabu Shabu is basically a sliced beef dipped into boiling water. More splendors of this restaurant include tempura and tamagoyaki.
- Name: Hanasaka Ji-San
- Address: 3-22 Sakuragaokacho | Sakura Bldg. B1, Shibuya 150, Tokyo
- Phone: +81 3-3496-7777
- Price:Lunch – 2500 JPY (starting ) Dinner – 4000 JPY (Avg)
- Opening hour: Weekdays: 10:00 hours (lunch), 17:00 hours (dinner) Sat-Sun: 17:00 hours
- Closing hour: Weekdays: 15:00 hours (lunch), Midnight (dinner) Sat-Sun: Midnight
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://hanasakaji-san.jp/halal
Among a very few halal certified restaurants of Tokyo, another great option would be Gyumon. The restaurant has earned its Halal certification from Malaysia. You will find a very traditional decor therein with a great taste of its famous. They offer different forms of meal sets that come with beef rib loin, beef shoulder, beef round meat, drinks, salad and rice. Their beef is highly fresh and tender in taste.
- Name: Gyumon
- Address: 3-14-5 Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0002
- Phone: +81 3-5469-2911
- Access: 10- minute walk from Shibuya station
- Price: 800 JPY (on one serving of beef)
- Opening hour: 17:00 hours
- Closing hour: : 23:00 hours
- Holiday: Sunday
Being in Chiba area of Tokyo, you must not miss the chance of tasting traditional Japanese (yet Halal certified) food at Takaraya. Being in a reasonable price range, the place offers a number of specialties belonging to Kisarazu. One of their highly recommended dishes is Asari meal having rice, asari soup, sahimi, tempura and asari clam kushiage. The restaurant has been operating since 1897 and has a wonderful atmosphere filled with hospitality. There are separate prayers rooms as well for each gender.
- Name: Takaraya
- Address: 2-3-4, Chuo, Kisarazu-city, Chiba, Tokyo
- Phone: +81 438-22-3765
- Price: 2000-3000 JPY (Avg for lunch) , 4000-7000 JPY (Avg for dinner)
- Access: 8-minute walk from Kisarazu station
- Opening hour: Mon- Sat: 11:30 hours, Sun (and public holidays): 17:00 hours
- Closing hour: Mon-Sat: 14:00 hours, Sun (and public holidays): 22:00 hours
- Holiday: Closed on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Website: http://takaraya.awk.jp/
Want to have Kaiseki in a Halal restaurant? In the Tobu departmental store, Minokichi welcomes you with a warm atmosphere to taste the best Kaiseki. The presentation is astounding that has been enhanced with a fresh taste of seasonals. Being certified from KyotoCouncil for Sharia and Halal Affairs, the restaurant is definitely an authentic place to stop by. In order to have halal food especially, the reservation must be made before 5 days.
- Name: Minokichi
- Address: Spice Ikebukuro Tobu 15F, 1-1-25, Nishiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
- Phone: +81 3-3980-8855
- Price: 2,160 JPY (lunch), 7,560 JPY (dinner)
- Opening hour: Mon-Sat: 11:00 hours, Sun & Holiday: 11:00 hours
- Closing hour: Mon-Sat: 23:00 hours, Sun & Holiday: 22:00 hours
- Access: In the TOBU departmental store
- Holiday: New year and 3rd Wednesdays of February and August
- Website: http://www.minokichi.co.jp/
6. Raj Mahal
For having the spicy taste of Indian curries, Raj Mahal is a must-visit restaurant in Tokyo. You can avail a lunch set menu for around 1,000 Yen on weekdays, that includes curry, naan or rice. They have a variety of curries, chicken, mutton or vegetable. So, it all depends on you which one to go with. The service is very helpful and amazing in serving their customers. So, if you are in or near Ginza area, you should definitely not miss the highly tasteful food of Raj Mahal.
- Name: Raj Mahal
- Address: -8-5, Ginza, Chuo 104-0061, Tokyo Prefecture (Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi)
- Phone: +81 3-5568-8080
- Opening hour: 11:30 hours
- Closing hour: 23:00 hours
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://www.rajmahal.gr.jp/
7. Siddique – Suitengumae
Another exciting place to taste the authentic flavors of Indian spices is Siddique. The restaurant is adjacent to Suitengumae station and offers an impeccable service with a friendly staff. You can enjoy an exceptionally high quality of Naans and spicy foods at the restaurant. One of the highly recommended dishes of this place is Chicken Tikka. You will definitely enjoy the pleasant atmosphere with reasonable prices.
- Name: Siddique – Suitengumae
- Address: 1F, 2-1-3, Nihombashi-Ningyocho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0013, Japan
- Phone: +81 3-3666-0132
- Opening hour: 11:00 hours
- Closing hour: 23:00 hours
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://www.siddique.co.jp/
In order to dine at a good Halal restaurant while being in Saitama, Kappou Yama is a great option. The restaurant is Halal certified from Malaysia Halal Corporation. The restaurant has been working actively since June 2014 and is one of the famous Halal restaurants offering Japanese food. With Muslim staff, you will be feeling very comfortable while ordering your food. Each and every ingredient used in preparing cuisine is purely halal and has a Halal stamp on its packaging. You can try Yakitori, Sakiyaki, Ramen, Waysoku; and all are Halal so you don’t need to be worried at all.
- Name: Kappou-Yama
- Address: 3-15-1 Uemine, Chuo-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama Arts Theater, Tokyo
- Phone: 048-854-1170
- Price: 2000 JPY (starting)
- Opening hour: 19:00 hours
- Closing hour: 21:00 hours
- Access: 11- minute walk from the Yono-hon-machi station of JR-Saikyo Line
- Website: http://kappou-yama.jp/
If you want Halal food that is healthy as well, this is the time to taste some delicious South Indian curries and other varieties. Dharmasagara is a famous South Indian restaurant located in the area of Ginza. The restaurant offers a wonderful and healthy blend of spices in curries with very less oil. This ensures that you will be having a pure healthy food while having fun with vegetables and spices as well. The prices are good enough to be spent on such delicious meals. You can have lunch for around 1,000-1,999 Yen while dinner is nearly around 3,000 – 3,999 Yen.
- Name: Dharmasagara
- Address: 2F, Ginza-eight Bldg, 4-14-6, Ginza, Chuo-ku,Tokyo
- Phone: 03-3545-5588
- Opening hour: Mon-Fri: 11:30 hours (Lunch), 18:00 hours (dinner) | Sat-Sun/Holiday: 12:00 hours (Lunch), 17:30 hours (Dinner)
- Closing hour: Mon-Fri: 14:00 (Lunch), 22:00 hours (Dinner) | Sat-Sun/Holiday: 14:30 hours (Lunch), 21:00 hours (Dinner)
- Access: 1-minute walk from Higashi-Ginza station (No.5 exit)on Hibiya line
- Holiday: New Year
- Website: http://www.dharmasagara.com/
10. Dakshin – Higashi Nihonbashi
Dakshin is a wonderful South Indian restaurant near Tokyo station. It has a great ambiance that will make you feel more relaxed and rejuvenated. In such a pleasant atmosphere, you will enjoy the spicy delicacies of different curries and naans. Since the restaurant is famous for its authentic South Indian cuisine, going at peak hours can make it difficult to find space or seat. So be sure to reach in time for getting a seat and enjoying the food.
- Name: Dakshin – Higashi Nihonbashi
- Address: Nihonbashibakurocho, Chuo 103-0002, Tokyo Prefecture
- Phone: +81 3-3249-9155
- Opening hour: 11:00 hours (Lunch), 17:00 hours (Dinner)
- Closing hour: Mon – Fri: 15:00 hours (Lunch), 23:00 hours (Dinner) | Sat-Sun/Holiday: 15:00 hours (Lunch), 22:00 hours (Dinner)
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://www.dakshin.jp/nihombashi.html
After reading through this list, it would be super easy for you to consume Halal food during your stay in Tokyo. The city has a number of such restaurants and saving this information will definitely help you out in reaching the desired location.
Have a good trip and travel!