A big bustling city like Nagoya will never run out of activities day in and day out. You must know by now that Nagoya is a large metropolitan area proliferated by businesses and commercial centers. Running alongside Tokyo, Yokohama, and Osaka, Nagoya is the 4th most populated area in Japan. With the young population always on the go, the night scenes are as energetic as the days.
Below are few of the places you can visit in Nagoya at night.
1.Electric Lady Land
Nagoya has a system of underground establishments. Mostly these are the big shopping centers that are interconnected by an intricate architectural design. Electric Lady Land (ELL) is an underground music bar where popular bands play. ELL may look smaller outside, but once inside a big concert hall will greet you. This place could hold 500 party people so expect that the area is packed during weekends, or those days when national bands play. Known bands play on the first floor, lockers and toilets are located on the second floor, and the third floor is for smaller gigs from new artists.
- Name:Electric Lady Land
- Address: 2-10-43 Oosu, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi
- Access: Subway Ōsu Kannon, exit 2
- Opening hour: Doors open 630 pm
- Phone: +81 52-201-5004
- Website: www.ell.co.jp
If you are looking for a good watering hole, the HUB is the place to be. If you like that old English pub feel with many affordable drinks and a great menu, locate this place at the Nagoya station. Complete the scene with a jukebox and you will have the promise of a happy, loud and drunken night. This relaxed atmosphere is perfect for big groups who enjoy loud conversations and funny bar games.
- Name: Hub
- Address: Ark BLDG.1F, 3-22-7, Nishiki, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi aichi, Japan
- Access: Higashiyama line Meijo line Sakae station No8 exit 3 min. walk
- Opening hour: 4 pm – 1 am (Sun – Thu), 4 pm – 5 am (Fri, Sat, & day before holiday), HAPPY HOUR: 4 pm – 7 pm
- Phone: +81 52-962-8682
- Website: www.pub-hub.com
3. The Red Rock Aussie Bar & Grill
The Red Rock Aussie Bar & Grill located at the Sakae Station is a popular spot. This bar and grill attract both locals and tourists with its land down under feel. The place is crowded during weekends. However, there are events during the weekdays that draw pub goers. Quiz Nights are on Thursdays and all-you-can-drink happy hours are on Wednesdays. For the ladies, be there on a Lady’s Night (Wednesdays) for discounted deals.
- Name: The Red Rock Aussie Bar & Grill
- Address: Aster Plaza Bld. 2F, Sakae 4-14-6 Naka-Ku Nagoya-shi, Aichi
- Price: ¥ 500 – ¥ 3000
- Opening hour: Mon – Thu 530 pm – 2 am, Fri and Sat 530 pm – 4 am , Sun 1130 am – 2 am
- Phone: +81 52-262-7893
- Website: www.theredrock.jp
4.Nayabashi Yoichi Night Market
Around dusk until evening, every fourth Friday of the month, a night market awaits at the sidewalks of the Horikawa (river). The Nayabasi Yoichi Night Market tries to replicate the vibrant nights of selling like in the olden days on the streets of Laos, Thailand, and Japan. Today, this street market in downtown Nagoya feathers shops, local and international drinks, and food from all over the world. If you are in the mood of strolling by the riverbank on a crisp Nagoya night, put on your calendar this interesting market in Nayabasi Yoichi.
- Name: Nayabashi Yoichi Night Market
- Address: Yubinbango460-0002 Aichi medium Nagoya District Marunouchi 1-chome No. 5 No. 23 back
- Access: From Fushimi st.(higashiyama-line)
Walk along Hirokoji street towards Nagoya station.
After 10-15min walk, you will cross the bridge, this bridge is “nayabashi”
- Opening hour: 5 pm – 9 pm
- Phone: 070-5256-8802
- Website: email@example.com
5. Aichi Arts Center
Enjoy the theater and the museums by going to the Aichi Arts Center. This place is a cultural complex in Sakae District. The 12-storey building is a facility for the Aichi Museum of Art, the Aichi Prefectural Library, and the Aichi Prefectural Art Theater. Many events are held at the concert hall, the mini-theater, and the art gallery. For a night out in town, that is both sophisticated and educational, check the center’s scheduled events for your tickets.
- Name: Aichi Arts Center
- Address: 1-13-2 Higashisakura,Higashi-ku Nagoya-shi,461-8525
- Price: Full charge: ¥500
High-school and college students: ¥ 300
Groups of 20 people and over: adults ¥ 400, students ¥ 240 High-school groups, junior high-school students, children 12 years and under, disabled visitors and escorts: free
- Access: The Museum is located on the 10th floor of Aichi Arts Center,
a three-minute-walk via Oasis 21 park from Sakae station on the Higashiyama and Meijo subway lines or Sakaemachi station on the Meitetsu Seto Line.
Pay parking lots are available on the underground floors of the Arts Center
- Opening hour: Tuesday – Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
Friday: 10 am – 8 pm
(Last admission: 30 minutes before closing)
Closed Monday (or Tuesday in case Monday is a public holiday)
- Holiday: December 28 – January 3,
- Website: www.aac.pref.aichi.jp
- Phone: +81 52-971-5511
6. 109 Cinemas Nagoya & IMAX
For keeping up with the blockbusters, 109 Cinemas will provide the best cinematic experience. Catch the latest flicks with IMAX and enjoy the night away with some friends or even a date. A small souvenir shop is located in the area. You can buy a movie memorabilia in this gift shop. You can cap the night off by catching a later dinner or snacks at the nearby restaurants and bars in the Market Square area.
- Name: 109 Cinemas Nagoya & IMAX
- Address: Market Square Sasashima 2F, 4-60-14 Hiraike-cho Nakamura-kuNagoya Japan 453-0872
- Price: ¥ 1000 – ¥ 3000
- Opening hour: Mon – Fri 9 am – 12 am. Sat, Sun, and Holidays 9:30 am – 12 am
- Phone: +81 52-541-3109
- Website: www.109cinemas.net
7. iD Café
If you crave for an authentic Japanese club experience, go to iD Café for a night you will not forget. iD Café is a venue for music and dancing. If you have the energy that will last you a whole night of dancing, then this place is for you. Dance like a dervish or rave to the trance music, the 5- storey iD Café will have every beat at your heart’s content.
- Name: iD Café
- Address: 3-1-15 Sakae Naka-ku | Mitsukoshi Bldg, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture
- Price: ¥ 3000 cover charge
- Opening hour: Sun – Sat 7 pm – 1 am
- Phone: +81 52-251-0382
- Website: www.idcafe.info
— Shooters Sports Bar (@Shooters_JP) April 4, 2016
Established in 1998, Shooters is an international restaurant that offers a great spot for dining and drinking. Popular among the tourists, this bar is a picture of multi-cultural divergence. The bar’s staff is fluent in English and Japanese that communication is never a barrier. For a night of pool, darts and international crowd, visit Shooters.
- Name: Shooters
- Address: Sakae 2-9-26, Naka-ku, Nagoya
- Price: ¥ 500 – ¥ 2000
- Access: Pola Building 2 floor
- Opening hour: Mon – Thu 5 pm- 1 am Fri 5 pm – 3 am Sat 1130 am – 3 am Sun 1130 am – 1 am
- Phone: +81 52-202-7077
- Website: www.shooters-nagoya.com
9. Blue Note Nagoya
The Blue Note is a jazz bar that houses most of the local and international music talents. This little gem brings the smoothness of jazz and blues in this highly urbanized city. To complement the experience, the Blue Note also offers delectable dishes from the menu. Blue Note in Nagoya is part of the wide Blue Note chain that also operates in China, USA, and Italy among others.
- Name: Blue Note Nagoya
- Address: B2F, 3-22-20 Nishiki, Naka-ku, Nagoya
- Price: ¥ 500 – ¥ 10,000
- Opening hour: Mon – Fri 11 am – 9 pm Sat ,Sun, holidays 11am – 8 pm (for reservations )
- Phone: 052-961-6311
- Website: www.nagoya-bluenote.com
10. Nagoya TV Tower Beer Garden
A sight to behold, the Nagoya TV Tower stands as a symbol of Nagoya City. It is the 180-meter tall TV tower, with a 90-meter high observation deck, that offers a great view of the Nagoya skyline. Just below the tower is a garden filled with cherry blossom trees and flowers. Very much like the Eiffel Tower of Paris, this place has open-air restaurants that provide big eats. After your climb of the TV tower, enjoy the cold beer and sumptuous barbecues at the beer garden just below the tower. Enjoy the sight, take a break, and relax.
- Name: Nagoya TV Tower Beer Garden
- Address: Yubinbang o460-0003 Naka-ku Nishiki 3-6-15 Nagoya TV Tower Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture
- Price: ¥ 4800 All you can eat and drink BBQ course
- Access: Sakae Station or Hisayadori Station
- Opening hour: May 9th – Sept 11 Mon – Sun 5 pm – 1130 pm
- Phone: 052-959-5633
- Website: www.nagoya-tvt-beergarden.com
There are many spots in Nagoya to have a good time. Enjoy a smorgasbord of activities that involve food, drinks, music, arts, dancing and all around fun. Nightlife in Nagoya is always something to remember.
Have a good trip and travel!