Source: Nick Kenrick
Mijas, a tourist city on the foot of the hills of the same title, possesses usually Andalusian homes. Its conventional status as a mountain village has been mixed harmoniously with a serious tourist complex situated within the coastal enclave of La Cala. The streets of the historic quarter, Arab in structure and nestling within the mountain landscapes.
1. Visit The Selwo Safari Park
Just of the A7, near Estepona lies one of the world’s most amazing nature parks, the park is predicated on the African safari park thought and houses 2000 animals in semi-wild circumstances. The workers are very helpful and pleasant. There are ample locations to eat and drink.
- Address: Carretera A7 Km. 162.5 Las Lomas Del Monte. 29680 Estepona.
- Phone: 952 792 150
- Website: http://selwo.es/
- Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Price: €13.90 – €33.00
2. Walk beneath the Sea at Sea Life
Fancy diving beneath the ocean without getting wet. You will see eye to eye all the things from shrimps to sharks and be taught tons of stuff from Sea Life specialists. Marvel at a bewildering array of jellyfish brings here from the world’s oceans. With specific anatomy and really weird lifecycle.
- Address: Puerto Marina, Avd del Puerto, s/n, 29630 Benalmadena Costa, Málaga, Spain
- Phone:+34 952 56 01 50
- Website: https://www.visitsealife.com/benalmadena/#
- Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Price: €42.84 – €193
3. Flay on The Cable Car – Benalmadena
The Telecabina takes you on an incredible 15-minute journey in a 4-individual cable car right as much as the highest level on the Málaga coast at an altitude of virtually 800m above sea level. From this excellent vantage level, you not solely have probably the most magnificent views of the Costa del Sol.
- Address: Avenida Tívoli, s/n, 29631 Benalmádena, Málaga, Spain
- Phone:+34 952 57 77 73
- Website: http://telefericobenalmadena.com/
- Hours: 11am – 5pm
- Price: €9- €20
4. Scuba Diving at One2one Scuba Diving Centre
One of the vital fantastic experiences is to take an open sea dive to see a world.that most individuals by no means see. Just Mijas recommends Simply Diving, they’re a pleasant firm with a lot of expertise of the Costa. They cover diving all through Andalucia and have totally certified PADI instructors.
- Address: Av. Antonio Machado, 76, 29630 Benalmadena Costa, Málaga, Spain
- Phone:+34 617 01 6738
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/One2one-Scuba-Diving-Centre/122497541243118
- Hours: 8am – 7pm
- Price: $50
5. Play and Shop in Plaza Mayor
Plaza Mayor is a big leisure park situated between Torremolinos and Malaga metropolis, actually, it’s adjoining to Malaga airport. It incorporates a 20 Display screen Cinema with 2 English movies on a regular basis, 50 eating places, and bars, bowling, a cutting-edge gymnasium, discos, plus a collection of shops.
- Address: Calle Alfonso Ponce de León, 3, 29004 Málaga, Spain
- Phone:+34 952 24 75 80
- Website: http://www.plazamayor.es/contactos/
- Hours: 10am – 1am
6. Flying over the water at Pirate Parasailing
Do you wish to fly like a bird, you need to experience this! They’ll take you parasailing over the spectacular shoreline of the Costa del sol. Enjoy the journey with buddies, family or lovers. No getting wet either, as you might have a wonderfully protected dry take off and landing from the Dolphin Parasailing boat.
- Address: Puerto Deportivo de Fuengirola, Native forty-eight, 29640 Fuengirola, Málaga, Spain
- Phone:+34 699 95 39 47
- Website: http://www.parasailingfuengirola.com/
- Hours: 10am- 8pm
- Price: €60.00 per person
7. Watch bullfight at Mijas Plaza de Toros
Mijas bull ring is worth a look around – it prices about four euros per adult. There are nonetheless bull fights occurring right here. Mijas is a very stunning place up within the mountains, with plenty of white buildings. There’s a lovely park above the bullring. A lot of timber and shade and nice views out to the ocean.
- Address: Calle Cuesta de la Villa, 1, 29650 Mijas, Málaga, Spain
- Phone:+34 952 484248
- Website: http://www.mijas.es/portal/es/que-visitar/lugares-de-interes/plaza-toros
- Hours: 10am – 8pm
- Price: €2 – €2.50.
8. Mayan Monkey Mijas Chocolate Factory
Mayan Monkey chocolate manufacturing unit is one thing of a shock once you go there, That is nice enjoyable for all of the households. The chocolate is scrumptious and a great deal of pure wholesome elements. Making your personal Bars with elements of your alternative . They do have a cafeteria so that you can purchase a drink.
- Address: Plaza Virgen de la Pena 15, 29650 Mijas Pueblo, Mijas, Spain
- Phone: +34 951 05 27 72
- Website: http://www.mayanmonkey.es/
- Hours: 10am – 5pm
- Price: 25€ per person
9. Ride on Tuk Tuk Spain
Tuk is an effective way to benefit from the tour around the City of Mijas. It’s made for a stunning tour across the metropolis! Helps you get your bearings as well to be able to return to places to look in additional detail if you’d like. Gorgeous panoramic view of the town on the last stop. Would suggest this tour to anyone.
- Address: Avda. del Compas, 29650 Mijas Pueblo, Mijas, Spain
- Phone: +34 626 25 77 37
- Price: 4.50€ per person
10. Enjoy at lovely beach resort at Playa de la Cala Mijas
It’s an attractive seaside with beautiful surrounding with a brand new boardwalk alongside the coast to Calahonda. It has a board stroll running its entire length and there are a variety of seaside bars of top quality alongside the seaside. It’s positively more of an up and coming scene with nicer eating places and bars such as Olivia’s and little geranium etc.
- Address: La Cala de Mijas, Mijas, Spain
- Phone:+34 952 58 77 10
- Website: http://www.vikhotels.com/es/hoteles-costa-del-sol-vik-gran-hotel.html
- Price: £63 per night
11. Visit and Old Church Ermita de la Virgen de la Pena
A phenomenal small church built in a grotto with pretty gold altarpiece. Very close to the city and easy to access.Fairly a surprise! Pretty place near to an excellent cafe and with Sea Views. The chapel was constructed by Mercedarian monks in 1520 and inside is a carved picket picture of the virgin allegedly courting again to AD850. It’s a pleasant little constructing.
- Address: Calle de la Virgen de la Pena, four, Mijas, Spain
- Website: http://www.mijas.es/portal/es/component/k2/itemlist/search?searchword=ermita+virgen+de+la+&categories=
- Price: Free
12. Hiking at Picos de Mijas
A beautiful area with spectacular views. You possibly can take trips on the donkeys and transfer across the place, you’ll be able to eat or drink something in one of the eating places there. You can do hiking in Spanish Costa del Sol. There are unbelievable trails as much as Pico de Mijas which I’d suggest to any runner skilled for some altitude gain.
- Address: Sierra de Mijas, Mijas, Spain
- Website: http://www.walkinginandalucia.com/el%20mijas.htm
- Price: Free
13. Visit the Museo Historico-Etnologico
It is a nice little museum to provide you a concept how folks from the area lived previously. The museum is positioned in a conventional house round a fair courtyard. It explains about Mijas life way back and the native trades. There are rooms set out as they might have been way back, in Mijas. The one drawback is that not sufficient is written in English.
- Address: Plaza de la Libertad, 1, 29650 Mijas, Málaga, Spain
- Phone: +34 952590380
- Website: http://www.mijas.es/portal/es/museos/museo-historico-etnologico
- Hours: 10am – 5pm
- Price: 1 €
14. Enjoy at Aqua Parque Acuatico Mijas
That is positively the most effective Aqua park for kids as there are many actions and smaller slides for the younger ones. It is true that it is not the largest in the world, however, had an enjoyable number of bigger rides. There was an amazing little space for little ones.The sights are varied and suited all ages.
- Address Autovia A7, km.209 – Salida 208, 29651, Mijas, Spain
- Phone: +34 952460404
- Website: http://www.aquamijas.com/
- Hours: 10am – 7pm
- Price: 15.70 € – 19.70 €
15. Capture the beauty in Town Hall of Mijas
The Town Hall of Mijas is certainly worth a visit – and it is free. It is a lovely multi-story building with placing Moorish archways, fountains, central courtyards, lovely lights, and stained glass home windows. It was quite superb to us that a comparatively small city would have such a good looking town hall.
- Address: Plaza de la Virgen de la Peña, 2, 29650 Mijas, Málaga, Spain
- Phone:+34 952 48 59 00
- Website: http://www.andalucia.com/mijas/pueblo.htm
- Hours: 9am – 5pm
- Price: Free
Have a good trip and travel!