Puerto de la Cruz is the City that attracts the tourists from around the world, with a historical past of welcoming overseas guests that dates back to the late nineteenth century. Today the city is an enthralling resort with real character. There are trendy boardwalks, seashores with secure swimming, conventional eating places, a leafy central plaza, numerous fairly parks and gardens.
1. Visit the botanical garden Jardín Botánico
Established in 1788, this beautiful botanical garden has 1000’s of plant varieties from everywhere in the world and is a pleasant place to spend a day smelling the roses. In addition to the most important collections of domestic and imported plants, there is all kinds of palms from everywhere in the world, a fragrant herb garden and a giant 200-yr outdated Australian gum tree.
- Address: Calle Retama 2 Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 92 29 81
- Prices: Adult €3/child free
- Opening hours: 9am-6pm
2. See the amazing wildlife at Loro Parque
Travelling around Tenerife, the Loro Parque flag is so amazing that you would be forgiven for considering they sponsor Tenerife. However we’ll give them their dues as a result of the place else can you see over 350 species of parrots (the world’s largest assortment) at once At this time its animal portfolio has grown to incorporate gorillas, tigers and chimpanzees.
- Address: Calle Avenida Loro Parque Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 37 38 41
- Website: www.loroparque.com
- Prices:adult €34/child €23
- Opening hours: 8.30am-6.45pm
3. Have a drink and snacks at Risco Belle Aquatic Gardens
This isn’t simply any old backyard; step through the doorway and you’re met by a sweeping garden punctuated with tables and chairs, citrus trees, and tropical crops, like birds of paradise and poinsettias. Within this historic house, a cafe serves drinks and snacks. For a small admission fee you may also go to the magnificent aquatic gardens.
- Address: Parque Taoro Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Prices: adult €4/child free
- Opening hours: 9.30am-6pm
4. Experience the old ages at Museo Arqueológico
This small however effectively laid-out museum supplies an insight into the Guanche lifestyle with its replicas of a typical cave dwelling, in addition to a burial cave the place pots and baked-clay adornments share the identical burial space, demonstrating the Guanches’ perception in an afterlife. Probably a fascinating exhibit is a tiny clay idol – certainly one of just a few ever discovered.
- Address: Calle Lomo 9 Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Website: www.museosdetenerife.org
- Costs: grownup €1/little one free
- Opening hours: 10am-1pm & 5-9pm Tue-Sat, 10am-1pm Solar
5. See an incredible Artwork at Museo de Arte Contemporáneo
The first modern artwork museum that opens in Spain, counting from 1953, this properly-displayed assortment contains such excellent overseas, Spanish and Canarian artists as Óscar Domínguez, Will Faber, and César Manrique. The arrangement, within the historic former customs home, is sort of as inspiring as the artwork.
- Address: Casa de la Aduana, Calle Lonjas Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Prices: adult €1.50/child free
- Opening hours: 10am-2pm Mon-Sat
6. Get pleasure from live theater at Castillo de San Felipe
This modest castle situated beside Playa Jardín, performs host to quite a lot of temporary artwork exhibitions and special performances of dance and theatre by the leading actors across the Spain. The Castle was recently closed due to rehablitaion and some research work, however; check on the vacationer office for an update.
- Address: Paseo Luis Lavaggi 12 Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 37 30 39
- Prices: adult €5.50/child free
- Opening hours: 10am-5pm
7. Do Surfing at Playa Martiánez
The lengthy sandy Playa Martiánez is situated on the Eastern end of town. A big jetty filters down the aggression of Atlantic waves and turns them into mere mild rollers, excellent for studying to surf on. The seaside itself consists of sloppy, black sand.
- Address: Avenida de Colón Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 37 05 72
- Prices: €10
- Opening hours: 10am-4pm
8. Do some shopping of Artwork and crafts at Casa de la Aduana
Built in 1620, Puerto de la Cruz’s old customs home is now house to the tourist office, and has high-quality arts and crafts for sale, in addition to a fantastic up to date artwork museum. That is a superior place to go to, You can also do some shopping if you’re fine arts loving. There are various lovely artwork items available for sale here.
- Address: Calle Lonjas Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 37 81 03
- Opening hours: 9am-8pm Mon-Fri, to 5pm Sat & Sun
- Prices: Free entry
9. Enjoy the festival Corpus Christi at La Orotava
Beautiful village fills with little roads with wonderful sights and cafes. Corpus Christi is a superb event to go to and a must for photographers. The well-maintained streets of La Orotava are hand decorated with essentially the most intricate patterns, designs, and images – all in flower petals, pine needles and in the city hall, sand ground from the varied rocks.
- Address: No está en el Puerto, 38300 Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain
- Website: http://www.laorotava.es/
10. Eat Spanish dishes in Restaurant Magnolia
This extremely regarded restaurant brings the chic flavors of Spain’s Catalonia region to the Canaries. Catalonia is broadly considered having a few of the greatest regional cuisine in all of the Spain and after you’ve tucked into genuine regional dishes equivalent to casserole seafood or Catalan sausage and beans you’ll be completely agreeing.
- Address: Avenida Marqués de Villanueva del Prado s/n Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 38 56 14
- Website: http://www.restaurantemagnolia.com/en/
- Prices: mains €6-12
- Opening hours: 9am – 9pm, closed Tue
11. Buy some fashion from Atlantico Shop
The leather-based items offered here are sourced in Morocco, however, no, the souk custom of haggling doesn’t apply here. The standard-to-price ratio is nice nonetheless, and the range is in depth and consists of footwear, coats, belts and baggage displayed in an enormous showroom. On the downside, a number of the designs look considerably dated and a few punchier colors can be good to see.
- Address: Calle Santo Domingo 12 Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 37 51 24
- Opening hours: 9.30am-2pm & 5-8pm Mon-Sat
12. Enjoy Unique Drinks at El Maná Bar
Select from modern, fresh and scrumptious dishes that clearly (being natural) change depending on what’s fresh within the vegetable patch that week. Anticipate unusual mixtures like handmade bitter apple ravioli with raisins, and couscous vegetable with an Ajo Blanco sauce.
- Address: Mequínez 21 La Ranilla Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Website: www.elmana.es
- Prices: mains €9-16
- Opening hours: 1-4pm & 7-10pm Wed-Sun
13. Eat Mediterranean Restaurant Mil Sabores
Styling itself as a temple to trendy Mediterranean cooking, this restaurant has the appears and the tastes down to a fantastic art. What kind of things can you anticipate finding on the menu? How a few prawn lollipop with roasted corn and parmesan or a wonderfully mixed mixture of pork, apple and bacon. It’s fairly dressy without being formal. Reservations advisable.
- Address: Calle Cruz Verde 5 La Ranilla Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 36 81 72
- Prices: mains €12-18
- Opening hours: noon-11pm
14. Enjoy the evening in Bar Dinámico
Bars and cafes come and go in Puerto however the Dinámico has been around for the reason that ’50s in one form or another and has counted the Agatha Christie and Beatles among former patrons. It’s a sprawling terraced place within the center of Plaza Charco with a Latin American vibe and more character than most locations encircling the square.
- Address: Plaza Charco Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 38 46 53
- Website: www.dinamicopuertodelacruz.com
- Opening hours: 9am-midnight
15. Enjoy the panoramic views of City at Terraza Taoro
Upon getting clambered up some two hundred steps from the centre of the city, you deserve an extended cool drink; the panoramic views of the city and coast from the sweeping terrace here are a bonus. Specialty fancy cocktails and coffees are justifiably well-liked; savory snacks and candy also available.
- Address: Carretera de Taoro 9 Puerto de la Cruz , Spain
- Phone: +34 922 38 88 68
- Website: www.terrazataoro.com
- Opening hours: 10am-10pm
Have a good trip and travel!