Capital of Roraima, the northernmost state of Brazil, Boa Vista concentrates two thirds of the state’s population. Near Venezuela, the city is still evolving in many aspects, including restaurants. Places in Boa Vista are simple, with no signal of luxury. On the other hand, it’s posible to find great typical brazilian food there, such as seafood, “tapioca”, “escondidinho” and “cachaça”.
1. Água Doce Cachaçaria
A place for all the family in Boa Vista. Visited by brazilians and also by people who cross the border from Venezuela to Brazil, this restaurant is a mix of great food and great drinks in an amazing environment. Well located and easy to be found, Água Doce has a good service. If it’s your first time, you may want to try the restaurant main dish: the “escondidinho”, a meal made of meat, accompanied with “cachaça”, a very brazilian drink made with sugarcane and similar to rum.
- Name: Água Doce Cachaçaria
- Address: Av. Ville Roy, Boa Vista, Roraima, Brasil
- Phone No: +55 95 36243301
- Opening Hours: Mon-Wed 18:00 to 00:00; Thu 18:00 to 01:00; Fri-Sat 18:00 to 01:30
2. Recanto da Peixada
If you are looking for seafood in Boa Vista, Recanto da Peixada may be your choice. With a lot species of fishes from northern Brazil, the restaurant has also a place dedicated to the kids, where they can have fun before, during or after the adults are having their meals.
- Name: Recanto da Peixada
- Address: Av. Major Williams, 1670, Boa Vista, Roraima, Brasil
- Phone No: +55 95 32242975
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 to 15:30 and 18:00 to 23:30
Opened from morning to evening, this place has a great variety of cakes, bread, candies and more. At lunch time, Trigos serves common daily meals. However, it’s in the breakfast that this restaurant and bakery stands out. Good service and localization are also pros of this place.
- Name: Trigos
- Address: Avenida Maj Williams, 1267, Boa Vista, Roraima, Brasil
- Phone No: +55 95 32241231
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 06:30 to 21:00
4. Peixada Tropical
Source: Vegim Zhitija
One more great place to find typical seafood from Northern Brazil. With meals for two or three people, Peixada Tropical is a good option in Boa Vista to taste different kinds of fishes. One of the favourite options of who goes to this restaurant is the “Peixe na Telha”, meal in which the fish is prepared on a roof tile, properly cleaned, of course.
- Name: Peixada Tropical
- Address: Rua Ajuricaba 1525 – Centro, Boa Vista, Roraima, Brasil
- Phone No: +55 95 32240040
- Opening Hours: Not Available
5. Restaurante Tulipa
Opened only for lunch, this restaurant is a place for someone who is looking for a fast but delicious meal. The great variety of food brings to the place hundreds of people everyday in Boa Vista. Besides serving typical brazilian food, Tulipa also serves japanese food, such as sushi and sunomono.
- Name: Restaurante Tulipa
- Address: Avenida Major Williams, Boa Vista, Roraima, Brasil
- Phone No: +55 95 32242150
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00 to 15:00
6. Tapiocaria Cangaço
Even being in Northern Brazil, Tapiocaria Cangaço is known as a piece of Northeast in Roraima. That’s because of the way the place is decorated, with ornaments that came from Pernambuco, a Northeast state. The food Cangaço serves is “Tapioca”, a starch extracted from a root called “cassava”, traditional food from the North.
- Name: Tapiocaria Cangaço
- Address: Avenida Brigadeiro Eduardo Gomes, 386, Bairro dos Estados, Boa Vista, Roraima, Brasil
- Phone No: +55 95 99162124
- Opening Hours: Not available
7. Patelaria Confiança
The best pastry in Boa Vista. That’s what is said by the people who try the great variety of Pastelaria Confiança. Recently renovated, this place receives people of all styles to agradable nights with tasty food. Opened to lunch and dinner, it’s the best option if you want to try one of the most popular foods in Brazil.
- Name: Pastelaria Confiança
- Address: Rua Pres Costa E Silva, 959, S Pedro, Boa Vista, Roraima, Brasil
- Phone No: Not available
- Opening Hours: Not available
Have a good trip and travel!