Source:Lígia Renata Delgado
Being the birthplace of the British aerospace industry, Sao Jose dos Campos is a major city and a municipality in the Brazilian state of São Paulo. Lying between the two of the most active regions São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, it is an exciting and lively place with churches, parks, landmarks, theaters and a lot of Shopping malls. Tourists come to enjoy the beautiful views, active nightlife, brilliant food and the culture. However, this city is filled with candid parks and everyone one of them looks like straight from a fairy tale. If you are planning to go to Brazil, here are 10 things that you want to do in Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil.
1. Enjoy the Sunset in Mirante do Banhado
Mirante do Banhado is a landmark in Sao Jose dos Campos with one of the best sunset views in the area. You can enjoy the sunset and enjoy your peaceful time in the silence over there. Sundays are best for a bike ride or do a little walking as the streets are closed then. Also if you decide to grab a food or drink after you enjoy the scene, there are many decent hotels, restaurants, and cafes around the streets. So, if you love to enjoy the glimpse of the beautiful morning sunrise, it is a place you want to be in Sao Jose dos Campos.
- Name:Mirante do Banhado
- Address:Avenida Anchieta, Sao Jose Dos Campos, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Category: Site-Seeing and Landmark
- Hours: 4PM-7PM
2. Do your prayers at Catedral de São Dimas
Built by Claudio Pastro, Catedral de São Dimas is a beautiful Christian church with both the spiritual and the physical beauty. If you are a Christian looking for a church to do your prayers or get involved in a mass, this is a great place for you. Also, if you follow another religion or a agnostics. Don’t worry, you can still admire the architectural beauty of the place. The stained glass windows , decor inserts in the walls with the beautiful floor plan will surely catch your eyes. It is a place you can go alone or with friends and family.
- Name: Catedral de São Dimas
- Address: Pca. Monsenhor Ascanio Brandao, 01 | Jardim Sao Dimas, Sao Jose Dos Campos, State of Sao Paulo 12245-440, Brazil
- Category: Church and Cathedral
- Tel: +55 12 3322-0543
- Website: http://www.catedralsaodimas.org.br/
3. Learn about the British Aviation History
Memorial Aerospace Brasileiro, is the birthplace of the British aerospace industry. There you can learn and explore the history of the British aviation industry in a fun environment. The main attraction of the place includes torpedos, helicopter blades, and engines, jet engines,first airplane designs, parachute technology ,real airplanes, etc. If you are out with family, you will have a good time and your children will have a fun time over there.
- Name: Memorial Aeroespacial Brasileiro
- Address: Avenida Brigadeiro Faria Lima, s/n | ao lado do aeroporto de Jose dos Campos, Sao Jose Dos Campos, State of Sao Paulo 12227-000, Brazil
- Hours: 9AM–5PM
- Tel: +55 12 3947-3046
- Website: http://www.mab.cta.br/
4. Visit Parque Vicentina Aranha
Parque Vicentina Aranha seems like something right out of fairy tale. The whole park is filled with beautiful flora and fauna, fountains and palaces. This place is perfect to spend the magical day with your loved ones or enjoy the peaceful evening when you are tired from the stress of the day. The place is usually quiet this time of year, so you can explore every aspect of the park and enjoy without much noise and disturbances.
- Name:Parque Vicentina Aranha
- Address: : R. Eng. Prudente Meireles de Morais, 302 – Vila Adyanna, São José dos Campos – SP, 12243-750, Brazil
- Tel: +55 12 3911-7090
- Hours: 5AM-10PM
5. Watch plays and music in Theatre
Sesc São José dos Campos is a popular theater in the city, mainly known for awesome music and plays often played. The presentations at the theater are intimate with big bands in lobby. The are artists from the local place and other parts of the brazil who are really great. Besides this, they have a special show for the little ones with puppet theater performances on Sunday’s. So, if you are with your little ones, it is a place to be on Sundays.
- Name:Sesc Sao Jose dos Campos
- Address:Avenida Dr. Adhemar de Barros, 999 – Jardim São Dimas, São José dos Campos – SP, 12245-010, Brazil
- Hours: 1–10PM |sun-sat 10AM–7PM| closed on Monday
- Tel: +55 12 3904-2000
- Website: http://www.sescsp.org.br/
6. Enjoy underwater life in Overdive
Overdive is a fun place in Sao Jose dos to go for a scuba dive. It is a place where you can go to enjoy the underwater life. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the people working there are very friendly too. The instructors over there are professionals who will teach you the basics in no time. Also, the place is safe too as the instructors guide you through the process until you get it right. It is a place for both professional and beginners. It is a place to be if you visit.
- Name: Overdive Cursos de Mergulho
- Address: Rua Eng. Prudente M. Moraes, 221 | Vila Higienópolis, Sao Jose Dos Campos, State of Sao Paulo 12243-750, Brazil
- Hours: 9AM–7PM except Saturday | closed on Sunday
- Tel: 55 12 3942 2949
- Website: http://www.overdive.com.br/
7. Have fun at water park
Perfect place for fun and enjoying the cool water splash, Thermas do Vale is a popular water park in São José dos Campos. There are many water-themed activities to do and the pools are quite large, clean and well maintained. With the wading pools for children, heated water slides and the swimming pool, it has something for everyone to enjoy. If you are with your family, your little ones will have fun and you will have a great time too.The people over there are great and if you want to have some food after you are done, there are good places to eat nearby. Check out the Kiosks if you are planning to have a takeaway food.
- Name: Thermas do Vale
- Address:Av. Lineu de Moura, 205 – Vale dos Pinheiros, São José dos Campos – SP, 12244-380, Brazil
- Hours: 7AM–10PM except Saturday and Sunday
- Tel: +55 12 2136 8888
- Website: http://www.thermasdovale.com.br/
8. Visit Parque Santos Dumont
Parque Santos Dumont is one of the exceptionally beautiful and peaceful parks in Sao Jose Dos Campos. The park is full of unique plants, small rivers, water fountains and many other beautiful monuments. Another special thing about Santos Dumont is that it opens till late night making it the perfect destination for sitting and enjoying the night. So, take your blankets, lie down on soft grass and mesmerize yourself in the inifite river of stars.
- Name: Parque Santos Dumont
- Address: R. Eng. Prudente Meireles de Morais, 1000 – Vila Adyana, São José dos Campos – SP, 12243-750, Brazil
- Tel: +55 12 3921-7066
- Hours: 7AM-10PM
9. Observe the Sky in Observatory
Located within the University of Paraiba Valley lies the only observatory in the region, Observatorio de Astronomia e Fisica Espacial da UNIVAP. It is a place where you come to see the sky through the telescope and other equipment. The people are very friendly and happy to explain everything. The place being built by the astronomy and physics lovers, you can see many devices and equipment used for the observation.If you have never been to a place like this, it will be a unique experience for you. And if you have, it is not a place to miss.
- Name: Observatorio de Astronomia e Fisica Espacial da UNIVAP
- Address: Address: Avenida Shishima Hifumi, 2911 | Urbanova, Sao Jose Dos Campos, State of Sao Paulo 12244-000, Brazil
- Tel: +55 12 3947 1113
10. Enjoy the nightlife at Moto Cafe
If you want to enjoy the nightlife of Sao Jose don Campos, Moto Cafe is the place that you want to go to. It is a place where you want to go to grab a drink and refresh your mind. They offer good food and varieties of drink and cool music. It is a place for both individual and groups. You can chill with your friends or can meet up new people if you are alone.
- Name: Moto Cafe
- Address: Av. Nelson Davila, 1385 | Centro, Sao Jose Dos Campos, State of Sao Paulo 12245-0330, Brazil
- Tel: +55 12 3933-7878
Have a good trip and travel!