While first settled in the early 18th century as a small village, the modern, metropolitan city of Belo Horizonte today is packed with bars, restaurants, clubs and live entertainment that is sure to keep the nightlife traveler on-the-go.
1. Bar hop the Savassi and Lourdes neighborhoods
Source: João Batista Campos
Lined with popular bars and restaurants on every corner, the neighborhoods of Savassi and Lourdes are THE spots to be at for a fun and entertaining nightlife in Belo Horizonte. Visit these popular clubs for a great time:
Crystal Nightclub Information
This is a vibrant nightclub that offers great adult entertainment.
- Address:R. Rio Grande do Norte, 1470 – Savassi, Belo Horizonte – MG, 30130-131, Brazil
- Contact Number:+55 31 3221-9856
- Website: crystalnightclub.com.br
Skorpius Nightclub is an adult entertainment nightclub that has dance and striptease.
- Address:Av. Cristóvão Colombo, 571 – Funcionários, Belo Horizonte – MG, 30140-140, Brazil
- Contact Number:+55 31 3223-2662
- Hours of Operation: Sundays-Saturdays, 9:00 p.m.-6 a.m. Mondays, closed
2. Attend a rock concert
Source: Sergio Savarese
Rock music and heavy metal are very popular genres of music in Belo Horizonte, with many groups forming bands and playing live concerts. Check out these clubs for great rock performances:
Circus Rock Bar
This rock bar has a live rock band and serves tasty drinks.
- Address:R. Gonçalves Dias, 2010 – Lourdes, Belo Horizonte – MG, 30140-092, Brazil
- Contact Number:+55 31 3275-4344
- Hours of Operation: Friday & Saturday, 9 p.m.- 5 a.m. Sunday-Thursday, closed
Stonehenge Rock Bar
Stonehenge Rock Bar draws in the enthusiastic rock music lovers. This bar is complete with pool tables.
- Address: Rua Tupis, 1448 – Barro Preto, Belo Horizonte – MG, 30190-062, Brazil
- Contact Number: +55 31 3271-3476
- Hours of Operations:Saturday 10PM–5AM Sunday 3PM–12AM Monday- Closed, Tuesday-Closed, Wednesday-Closed, Thursday 9PM–4AM, Friday 10PM–5AM
3. Try the popular drink, Cachaça, at Bar do Antônio
Source: Pit Thompson
The popular drink is made from cane liquor and is famous from the area.
Bar do Antônio
This bar draws a loyal local following, so it is advised to make reservations in advance if you plan to visit.
- Address: R. Flórida, 15 – Sion, Belo Horizonte – MG, 30310-710, Brazil
- Contact Number:+55 31 3221-2099
- Website: bardoantonio.com.br/novo/
4. Spend the night dancing at Baile da Saudade
Brazilians are known for their love of dance and rhythm, and at Baile da Saudade this is definitely true. Dance to rhythms and beats of bossa nova, trance, pop, and plenty more.
Baile da Saudade
Baile da Saudade is the ultimate place to dance all night, complete with spacious dance floor and lights to entertain the crowd.
- Address: Av. Brasil, 326 Belo Horizonte – MG 30140-001 Brazil
- Contact Number:+55 (31) 3241-1482
- Website: granfinos.com.br
5. Visit Mercado das Barbaletas, or “Butterfly Market”
This local spot of Belo Horizonte is for the urban travelers who do not mind an alternative, edgier experience. A moderately aged building coated with artsy graffiti on the walls allows the visitor to embrace a free-spirit atmosphere where once can dance to electronic music, eat from indoor food stalls, or see a concert performance.
- Address: Avenida Olegário Maciel, 742 – Centro, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
- Contact Number:+55 31 3245-7411
- Website: www.mercadodasbarbaletas.com.br
6. Attend a classical music concert
Among the many genres of music that are popular in the city, classical music is promoted and played throughout the city. At the Sala Minas Gerais, one can book a concert to hear the Minas Gerais Philharmonic Orchestra, one of the most popular classical music orchestras.
- Address: Rua Tenente Brito Melo, 1.090 – Barro Preto, Belo Horizonte – MG, 30180-070, Brazil
- Contact Number: +55 31 3219-9000
- Website: filarmonica.art.br
7. Attend a dance, theater, or musical performance at the Palácio das Artes
Source: Cecilia Heinen
Palácio das Artes, Belo Horizonte’s premier and modern cultural site for artistic performance, is a wonderful place to spend the night. There you can see performances that combine both deep roots of Brazil and international fusions.
- Address: Avenida Afonso Pena, 1.537, Centro, CEP: 30130-004 , Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Contact Number: +55 31 3236-7400
- Website: fcs.mg.gov.br
Belo Horizonte literally means “beautiful horizon”. Belo Horizonte has a fun and exciting nightlife that combines culture, great drinks, dance, music, and so much more-a complete delight to any urban traveler!
Have a good trip and travel!