Source: Yann Cerri
Brasilia, a core city of Brazil hosts the perfect integration of modern technology and conventional tradition, which is reflected in the city’s shopping options. The variety on offer is nothing short of mesmerizing. With several options available, you can truly enjoy shopping for souvenirs in the city. A few of those shopping places are mentioned here:
1. Patio Brasil
Patio Brasil is one of the largest shopping malls in Brasilia. Over 200 different shops cover all kinds of products right from stationery to clothing, there is something for everyone to buy. Apart from the shops, there are over 25 restaurants, 2-3 travel agencies, salons, and spas.
- Name: Patio Brasil
- Address: Q. 7 Bloco A – SHCS, Brasília – DF, 70307-902, Brazil
- Opening hour: 10AM–10PM
- Phone: +55 61 2107-7400
- Website: www.patiobrasil.com.br/
2. Park Shopping
Located on the city’s outskirts, Park Shopping is among the most popular shopping malls for locals. The mall is packed on weekends as it has several attractions to offer, like movie screens, a gaming arcade, a bowling alley, and plenty of shopping opportunities. The mall also hosts exhibitions and contests regularly.
- Name: Park Shopping
- Address: SAI/SO Área 6580, s/n – Guará, Brasília – DF, 71219-900, Brazil
- Phone: +55 61 3362-1300
- Opening hour: 10AM-10PM
- Website: www.parkshopping.com.br
3. Conjunto Nacional
One of the oldest malls of Brasilia, Conjunto Nacional retains the traditional styles of the city in its stores. The mall has a supermarket where you can collect fresh produce, restaurants where local and international delicacies are on offer, and a bookstore where you can get the latest in publications.
- Name: Conjunto Nacional
- Address: SDN CNB, Conjunto A, S/N – Asa Norte, Brasília – DF, 70077-900, Brazil
- Phone:+55 61 2106-9700
- Opening hour: 10AM – 10PM
- Website: http://www.conjuntonacional.com.br/
The National Foundation for Indigenous Affairs premises hosts a sale of authentic handicrafts and products sold by indigenous people of the countryside. The site is famous for hand-woven garments, baskets, ornaments and stuff as such, made out of wood and ceramics. FUNAI is located downtown Brasilia and is a must-see shopping destination.
- Name: Funai
- Address: SBS – SHCS, Brasília – DF, 70070-120, Brazil
- Phone: +55 61 3247-6800
- Opening hour: 8AM – 6PM
- Website: www.funai.gov.br/
5. Feira de Artesanato da Torre Televisao
The Feira de Artesanato da Toree Televisao, translates to Craft Fair of the television tower, as the fair’s location is adjacent to a huge television-broadcasting tower. Compared to other fairs, this fair is more confined and has little to offer. However, it is worth a visit, as the products on offer are authentic to Brazil’s northern region and sold at cheaper rates.
- Name: Feira de Artesanato da Toree Televisao
- Address: SDC Eixo Monumental Norte/Sul Bloco D Box 138/137, Brasília – DF, 70070-350, Brazil
- Hours: 8AM – 6PM
- Website: www.feiradatorredf.com.br/
6. Galeria dos Estados
Located on the largest metro station in Brasilia, this gallery has several shopping destinations complemented with parks lush with greenery. There is also the National Artistic and Historic Heritage Institute in its vicinity that is worth visiting. Make every ride on the daily metro productive by shopping at this gallery.
- Name: Galeria dos Estados
- Address: DF-002, 1490, Brasília – DF, Brazil
- Phone: +55 (61) 3226-3763
- Hours: 10AM-10PM
- Website: galeriadosestados.org.br
7. Banco do Brasil Cultural Centre
The Cultural Center Bank of Brazil (CCBBs), famous for the showcase of Brazilian culture are spread across the world at premium locations like Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, and Brasilia. The Banks are areas where skilled people are given a stage to represent themselves. Arts, cinema, exhibition, ideas are all on display, this makes the event wonderful for shopping authentic and unique stuff.
- Name: Banco do Brasil Cultural Centre
- Address: SCES, Trecho 02, lote 22, Brasilia, Federal District 70200-002, Brazil
- Phone: (61) 3108-7600
- Website: http://culturabancodobrasil.com.br/portal/
Shopping is an alleviating experience. You can make the most of shopping as a panacea when on a trip to Brasilia. We hope you enjoy your shopping experience.
Have a good trip and travel!