Source: Águila Comunicação
Brazil is simply amazing! You may opt to appreciate nature by touring the country or you may be there on a business trip. The reasons are diverse and so are tastes and preferences which only a handful of restaurants can meet in Recife. Below is a list of seven restaurants you must visit while you are in Recife.
1. Restaurante Leite
Started as just a small kiosk in 1882, Leite has hosted many famous and respected persons from different parts of the globe. It has emerged to be among Recife’s oldest and iconic leading restaurants. Its ambiance and outstanding food is its greatest secret. Like no other restaurant, it serves giant shrimp grilled with butter. It also serves a native dessert called cartola.
- Name: Restaurante Leite
- Address: Praça Joaquim Nabuco, 147 – Santo Antônio, Recife – PE, 50010-480, Brazil
- Price: $32-$90
- Access: +55 81 3224-7977
- Opening hour: 11 a.m-10 p.m Sunday-Friday. Closed on Saturday
- Website: http://www.restauranteleite.com.br/
2. Casa dos Frios
Casa dos Frios is a great bakery that has diverse exquisite treats that send one straight to a paradise of food. The restaurant is famous for its bolo de rolo (super-thin- multi-layered cake roll, with major ingredient being melted guava paste). Other dishes to savour here are Souza Leão Cake, codfish fritters, apricot cheesecake, and empanadas.
- Name: Casa dos Frios
- Address: Av Rui Barbosa, 412 Graças Recife – PE 52011-040, Brazil.
- Price: $21-$30
- Access: +55 (81) 2125-0000
- Opening hour: Mon – Sat: 8 a.m – 9p.m. Sun 8 a.m – 6p.m
- Website: http://www.casadosfrios.com.br/
3. Entre Amigos – O Bode
Since 1994, two brothers–in-law have pioneered this award-winning restaurant situated in Boa Viagem. It has a branch in Espinheiro district and it serves regional dishes comprising of goat meat. For a persisting nostalgia, make a point of interacting with their sew com rice, paçoca, cheese pirão, beans, or boiled yucca.
- Name: Entre Amigos – O Bode
- Address: R. Marquês de Valença, 30 – Boa Viagem, Recife – PE, 51021-500, Brazil
- Price: $22 -$30
- Access: +55 81 3312-1000
- Opening hour: 11.00 a.m-2.00 a.m Mon-Thur., 11.00 a.m- 3.00 a.m Fri & Sat
- Website: http://www.entreamigosobode.com.br/
4. Camarada Camarao
Camarada Camarao (Comrade Shrimp) is that restaurant that serves unique and delicious shrimp worth the price. Its location has the unmistakable ambiance of food paradise. Shrimp patty or linguini with prawns are some of the delicacies to try in the restaurant.
- Name: Camarada Camarao
- Address: Rua Baltazar Pereira, 130 | Boa Viagem, Recife, Pernambuco 51011-550, Brazil.
- Price: $10 – $100
- Access: +55 800 704 8868
- Holyday: Mondays
- Opening hour: Fri, Sat, Sun 12pm-modnight; Tue, Wed, Thu 12pm-4pm, 5pm-11pm
- Website: http://www.ocamarada.com.br/
Pronounced as pa-ha-sha-SHAH, international tourists have for a long time celebrated this famous restaurant. On its menu the restaurant servers spicy hot and delicious regional dishes that echo its standards worldwide. It is a top spot for a corn dish called canjiquinha that is served with meat. Desserts are made special with pamonha (traditional sweet). On weekends there is breakfast alongside topical treats and lots of local fruits.
- Name: Restaurante
- Address: Av. Fernando Simões Barbosa, 1200 – Boa Viagem, Recife – PE, 51021-060, Brazil
- Price: Above $21
- Access: +55 81 3463-7874
- Opening Hour: 11:30 a.m-11 p.m throughout the week
- Website: http://www.parraxaxa.com.br/
This is one amazing restaurant located in a mansion that provides an incredible view of the ocean. The restaurant champions a variety of seafood that is prepared using a method known as Bahia method. One of the most palatable dishes you would curse yourself for not tasting is the result of shrimp that is simmered with vegetables and coconut oil – moqueqas.
- Name: Bargaço
- Address: Av. Antônio de Goes, 62 – Pina, Recife – PE, 51011-000, Brazil
- Price: Above $30
- Access: +55 81 3465-1847
- Opening hour: 8 a.m- Midnight throughout the week
- Website: http://www.restaurantebargaco.com.br/filiaisrecife.html
7. Restaurante Chiwake
Source: A. Júnior
An amazing restaurant that offers you the best Peruvian food in town. It has a charming ambiance merging with the mix of contemporaneous with Peruvian food, as well as lots of seafood. The quality is high as the price too but it is all worth it.
- Name: Restaurante Chiwake
- Address: Rua da Hora, 820, Recife, State of Pernambuco 52020-010, Brazil
- Price: From $24
- Access: +55 81 3423-1529
- Opening hour: Sun 12pm-4pm; Tue 12pm- 3pm,7pm-11pm; Wed 12pm-3pm, 7pm-11pm; Thur 12pm-3pm, 7pm-12am; Fri 12pm-3pm, 7pm-1am; Sat 7pm-1am
- Website: http://www.chiwake.com.br/
Touring Brazil is incomplete if you get no place in one of the identified restaurants. Make your experience extraordinary and a sweet memory.
Have a good trip and travel!