Hi, guys! It’s trip-n-travel again with a new list of things you will be happy to do in San Francisco bay area. If you are planning your trip to San Francisco county, don’t forget to save this list to receive the best travel experience so far. San Francisco bay area is a famous place on the west coast not only for the travellers but for locals as well.
1. Visit Travelodge Hotel and try the best Indian food
You might think that visiting some hotel is the weirdest thing we recommend you to do. But don’t become a prejudiced person. It will take nothing for you to go there. Besides, it’s really very beautiful inside. But the main point we suggest you to go there is not the view. It’s a food. You will find there the best Indian food ever located on the west coast of the US.
- Name: India Palace Restaurant
- Address: 707 Redwood Highway, Mill Valley
- Price: $10 – $30
- Opening hour: 11:00 am – 2pm; 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Website: http://www.indiapalacemillvalley.com/
- Phone: 415-388-3350
2. Get to the top of Grizzly Peak.
Yeah, we are talking about the mountain hiking. Don’t be lazy. Just imagine that you will have a view on the whole bay area. Isn’t that worth a try? Moreover, you can get there by car or any other vehicle. You will not forget this little trip, for sure. Want another tip? We recommend you to go there not alone, you know. Take your girlfriend and spend the most romantic evening in your life:)
- Name: Grizzly Peak
- Address: 50 Whitaker Avenue between Miller and Sterling Avenues in Northeast Berkeley
- Price: Free
- Access: By car or foot
- Opening hour: Always open
3. Go to the Sunday Brunch and drag Show.
Now, you are thinking what these guys are telling me? They want me to go the show while travelling? Hell no.
Stop. We are recommending you these things to do and see because we want you to have the best while visiting San Francisco bay area. Isn’t that great to know at least some entertaining things you might enjoy, right? You can always leave, but people say it’s the best show and you won’t regret going there.
- Name: The Starlight Room
- Address: 450 Powell Street, San Francisco
- Opening hour: 5 pm – 2 am
- Website: http://www.starlightroomsf.com/
- Phone: 415-395-8595
4. Spend one evening in Redwood Room
This restaurant is located in Clift Hotel (oh, another hotel). Yes, and know what? It’s really great. Let’s have a bet that there is no other place, where you will enjoy the atmosphere.But, be sure not to get over drunk. Do you know why? Because the paintings in the bar move! So, don’t be shocked when you see some portrait staring at you.
- Name: Redwood Room
- Address: Clift San Francisco, 495 Geary Street, San Francisco
- Opening hour: 5:00 pm – 2:00 am
- Website: https://www.morganshotelgroup.com/originals/originals-clift-san-francisco/eat-drink/redwood-room
- Phone: 415 929 2372
5. Eat the best Cinnamon roll.
We recommend you to visit the place called Cinnaholic. it is a small bakery down in Berkeley but the cinnamon rolls are very delicious! Besides, they are award-winning gourmet cinnamon rolls. You will totally like it, especially if you are a vegan or you like sweets a lot. However, if you don’t want to spend time in some bakery store, you can get them online from the official website below.
- Name: Cinnaholic Berkeley
- Address: 2132 Oxford Street, Berkeley
- Opening hour: 10:-00 am – 7:00 pm
- Website: http://www.cinnaholic.com/
6. See a concert at San Francisco venue.
It doesn’t matter what exactly concert you will attend. There are plenty of them at a music venue, but going to one is a must see in San Francisco bay area. We recommend you to visit the Great American Music Hall and enjoy some really nice music. We want you to understand that on our list we are making the accent on the bay area more than on San Francisco in general.
- Name: Great American Music Hall
- Address: 859 O’Farrell St. San Francisco, CA 94109
- Website: http://www.slimspresents.com/
- Phone: 415-885-0750
7. Go through Clarion Alley and visit The Sycamore.
Let’s move to the San Francisco city center. Clarion Alley is told to be the place of art. It has a great atmosphere of the old city. However, you need something to eat. So, we want to recommend you the place – The Sycamore. They have a special offer. every lunch special costs $12.That’s all. One of the best place to visit with your friends.
- Name: The Sycamore
- Address: Between Mission and Valencia Streets and 17th and 18th Streets, San Francisco
- Opening hour: 11:30 am – 12:00 am
- Website: http://thesycamoresf.com/
8. Want to visit underground wrestling?
Sounds interesting? Remember, on the first Friday of every month, Oakland Metro Operahouse (local Oakland underground club) hosts wrestling artists to perform for the fans. You won’t have any other opportunity to see the show like this in any other place. Believe us. Also, they have other shows. You can take a look at the schedule at the official website of Oakland Metro Operahouse.
- Name: Oakland Metro Operahouse
- Address: 630 3rd Street, Oakland
- Price:$10 – $30
- Website: http://www.oaklandmetro.org/
9. Go and See Audium.
Don’t know what is Audium? Don’t worry, you are not alone, and we will tell you. So, Audium is the only theatre in the world, pioneering the exploration of space in music. That’s what you can read on the official website of the theatre, but people say that it is the most incredible experience you will get while in San Francisco bay area. Be honest, it sounds really wow.
- Name: Audium
- Address: 1616 Bush Street, San Francisco
- Price: $20
- Access: Friday/Saturday
- Opening hour: 8:30 pm
- Website: http://www.audium.org/
10. Eat at Burma Superstar.
The story is simple. If you haven’t visited Burma Superstar, you haven’t visited San Francisco at all. That’s like every place or city has a place that you MUST go and try or see or eat. For San Francisco, the place is Burma Superstar. It has over 5,000 positive reviews on yelp. The famous Burmese cuisine (if you haven’t heard of it, it is plus one to go there) is outstanding. Remember to go there with an empty stomach. Wandering why? Visit the official website and check the menu.
- Name: Burma Superstar
- Address: 309 Clement Street, San Francisco
- Price: $5 – $15
- Opening hour: 11:30 am – 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Website: http://www.burmasuperstar.com/
11. Visit “Cream”
Locals call this place “touristy”, but it’s totally worth it. It all about the ice-creams. And to be honest with you, we haven’t seen or eaten such a delicious ice cream ever. The best part in the place, that it’s a chain of stores and they are all over San Francisco bay area. Just google the spot or visit the official website down below and enjoy the best ice cream on the west coast.
- Name: Cream
- Address: 2399 TELEGRAPH AVE. BERKELEY
- Opening hour: 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Website: http://creamnation.com/
12. Go to the Institute of Illegal Images.
We will repeat for you – illegal images. The place has a lot of awesome pictures, we might call it the collection of psychedelic stuff. By the way, the institute is with free entry, so you don’t need to spend any money, just some time to enjoy some strange stuff, you won’t have the opportunity to do in any other place.
- Name: Institute of Illegal Images
- Address: 20th Street, Mission District, San Francisco
- Price: Free
- Website: http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/institute-illegal-images
13. Take a breakfast at the Palace Hotel.
Yeah, it’s another hotel, but you won’t find the place like this. Established in 1875 and reinvented in 2015 it has one of the best designs in the whole California. the place is fabulous. Of course, it’s expensive, but we don’t suggest you to stay there, right? Just enjoy one morning with a great tea, being in the place. You won’t regret it.
- Name: The Palace Hotel
- Address: 2 New Montgomery Street, San Francisco
- Opening hour: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Website: http://www.sfpalace.com/
- Phone: 888-627-7196
14. Visit Albany Bulb.
Albany bulb is something like an island with a perfect view of two bridges. If you want to try something extraordinary and not touristy, this is the best place for you. It’s a strange place because you will find there different sculptures made of something (we don’t know, to be honest). Moreover, there is another type of art like graffiti all over the place.
- Name: Albany Bulb
- Address: 1 Buchanan Street, Albany
- Price: Free
- Access: By car
- Opening hour: Always
15. Try oysters for $1.
Sounds insane, right? Visit Bar Crudo and ensure by yourself. besides the $1 oysters you will find a lot more fantastic food. We recommend you to go there with your friends or family, especially for a dinner time. They have ”happy hour” every night of the week, who knows what is their special offer. Don’t waste an opportunity to eat oysters for $1.
- Name: Bar Crudo
- Address: 655 Divisadero Street, San Francisco
- Price: $1 – $10
- Opening “happy” hour: 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Website: http://barcrudo.com/
That’s it for now. We are happy to show you these 15 things you can go and see at San Francisco bay area. We hope you enjoyed reading them, but you will enjoy more visiting them.
Have a good trip and travel!