In a beautiful place like Oakland, the festivity is never inhibited to the weekends or special events. In fact, all through any specified month, there are lots of occasions to “turn up” practically on any given calendar day of the week, for residents and travellers. If you are tripping to Oakland and confused with the things to do, then here is a nice compilation of activities for you.
1. Head over to Mama’s Royal Cafe
If you are in Oakland, then you can head over to Mama’s Royal Cafe and set your day in motion with their impressive breakfast. The cafe is in business since 1974. It is well-known for their delicious breakfast and appetizing lunch. The cafe serves quality food prepared with the hand-picked local ingredients and products.
- Name:Mama’s Royal Cafe
- Address:4012 Broadway Oakland, CA 94611 b/t 40th St & 41st St North Oakland
- Phone(510) 547-7600:
- Average Price:$11-30
- Opening hours: 7:00 am – 2:30 pm
2. Visit Rockridge district
Just like Diamond and Temescal, Rockridge is one of the famous places in Oakland. Here you can sop up local savour with a stroll through this beautiful place. Whether you wish to spend time on eating delicious dishes or want to do lots of shopping, this place has so much to offer. The gorgeous library and the wall paintings twirl this place into an indisputable community.
- Name:Rockridge Neighborhood
- Address:College Ave & Keith Ave Oakland, CA 94618 Rockridge, North Oakland
3. Have some fun with the telephone pole gnomes!
— gastroLoco (@gastrovore) February 2, 2013
Gnomes have become the centre of attraction for tourists. These gnomes are namelessly painted by someone. These gnomes are painted on wood pieces throughout the city and are nailed to the base of utility poles. There are approximately 2300 painted gnomes.
- Name:Painted Gnomes
- Address:PG&E Utility Pole 1698 2nd St Oakland, CA 94606 East Oakland
4. Trip to the amazing Oakland zoo
The Oakland zoo is just a wonderful place to visit. The park is beautiful and thoroughly laid out into many sections. This zoo is indeed made for kids and is cooperative on numerous levels. The park always has something to feel, touch or examine. The thrilling experience of Skyride is one of the greatest parts regarding the Oakland zoo.
- Name:Oakland Zoo
- Address:9777 Golf Links Rd Oakland, CA 94605 b/t I-580 & Mountain Blvd
- Phone:(510) 632-9523
- Opening hour:10:00 am – 4:00 pm
5. Play games at High Scores Arcade
— Mark Seelig (@MarkSeeligKCBS) March 27, 2016
High Scores Arcade is located in Alameda, nearby to Oakland. Here you can play lots of games such as Street Fighter or Rampage. You can amuse yourself in any game. There is a huge collection of games. There is no age limit to playing these games. In fact, tourists of all age groups specifically add this place to their watch list when they visit Oakland.
- Name: High Scores Arcade
- Address: 1414 Park St Alameda, CA 94501 b/t Central Ave & Santa Clara Ave
- Phone: (609) 468-3083
- Opening hour:3:00 pm – 10:00 pm
6. Go to the famous Dunsmuir Historic Estate
This place is one among the Oakland’s leading rental places for amazing occasions. Starting from its launch year 1899, this historic place has been attracting tourists with its long spread area of about 50-acres. With marvellously landscaped basis, the Estate consists of a Neoclassical Revival Mansion of 37 rooms. Tranquil surroundings, high-class services, and proficient staff are some of the best features of this place.
- Name:Dunsmuir Historic Estate
- Address:2960 Peralta Oaks Court Oakland, CA 94605
- Phone: (510) 615-5555
- Opening hour:10:00 am – 4:00 pm
7. Experience the historic beauty of Mountain View Cemetery
Do not forget to check out Mountain View Cemetery whenever you visit Oakland. The cemetery consists of appealing graves such as the Black Dhalia, Elizabeth Short, aka etc. Each tomb is unique in its style, structure, formation, and era. Some tombs are above whereas some tombs are below the ground.
- Name:Mountain View Cemetery
- Address:5000 Piedmont Ave Oakland, CA 94611 at Ramona Ave North Oakland
- Phone: (510) 658-2588
8. Enjoy cinema at The New Parkway
— The Pioneer (@newspioneer) August 4, 2015
The New Parkway is a community focused cinema hall and tavern sited in the Uptown district of Oakland. Here you can sit back and settle down in comfy sofas while enjoying their recent releases, retro collections, sect classics, and marvellous exceptional programming. In addition, you can also enjoy delicious foodstuff and local wine and beer in their fabulous cafe. They also deliver food and drink right on your seat while you watch movies in their theatre.
- Name:The New Parkway
- Address:474 24th St Oakland, CA 94612 b/t Valley St & Telegraph Ave
- Contact: (510) 658-7900
- Opening hour:6:00 pm – 10:30 pm
9. Get your coffee flavour at Blue Bottle Coffee
As the name suggests, Blue Bottle Coffee is a famous coffee shop placed in Webster St, Oakland. The place is small though it serves the scrumptious coffee. You can sit outside and drink coffee, however it is recommended to grab your coffee cup and go to the nearby park to enjoy the lake surrounding.
- Name:Blue Bottle Coffee
- Address:300 Webster St Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone:(510) 653-3394
- Opening hour:7:00 am – 6:00 pm
10. Become a circus actor at Trapeze Arts
— Brynn Watson (@tbcwatson) June 21, 2015
Have you ever wished for becoming a circus actor? Or perhaps you might have dreamt about soaring through the sky or wavering by your laps! If yes, then go to the Trapeze Arts to visualize yourself as a circus performer. Learn various arts which you have seen in the circus performance. There is no age limit to join their classes.
- Name:Trapeze Arts
- Address:1822 9th St Oakland, CA 94607 b/t Cedar St & Pine St West Oakland
- Phone: (510) 419-0700Access:
- Opening hour:10:00 am – 6:00 pm
11. Enjoy boat pedalling at the Lake Merritt
Lake Merritt is a wonderful place in Oakland. Here you can go for a jog, arrange a trip, or take your beloved doggy for toddling. With some of the great sights of Oakland, this place is an ideal place for the photo shoot. There is a paved lake which is spread to around 3.1 miles long.
- Name:Lake Merritt
- Address: 568 Bellevue Ave Oakland, CA 94610 b/t Ellita Ave & Perkins St
12. Visit Oakland Ice Centre
— Oakland Ice Center (@OICSharksIce) February 17, 2016
If you wish to spend some fun time in Oakland then Oakland Ice Centre is a place for you! It is an incredible place for adults and kids. It is indeed a perfect family trip destination. This place is meant for playing hockey and skating on the ice. There are two separate ice sheets that can accommodate both figure skaters and hockey lovers.
- Name:Oakland Ice Center
- Address:519 18th St Oakland, CA 94612 b/t San Pablo Ave & Telegraph Ave Uptown
- Phone: (510) 268-9000Access:
- Opening hour:10:30 am – 5:00 pm
13. Visit the luxurious Claremont Club & Spa, a Fairmont Hotel
This place is a perfect choice for women. Claremont Club & Spa, a Fairmont Hotel started in 1915 and won the heart of Americans. This spa and hotel are one among the iconic lavish hotels in America. Here you can spend your quality time on beautifying your body or you can also check out their menu card to find the best food item for you.
- Name:Claremont Club & Spa, a Fairmont Hotel
- Address:41 Tunnel Rd Berkeley, CA 94705 Oakland Hills
- Phone: (510) 843-3000Access:
14. Experience the beauty of nature at Redwood Regional Park
As the name suggests, Redwood Regional Park is a beautiful place full of redwood trees. This place adds a glimpse of fragrance to the Oakland and its beauty. If you like walking around nature then this place has everything to offer.
- Name:Redwood Regional Park
- Address:7867 Redwood Rd Oakland, CA 94619
- Phone: (888) 327-2757
15. Attend exhibitions at the Oakland Museum of California
Abbreviated as OMCA, this place is a type of concealed jewel of Oakland. There is no enough crowd at this place, although many people frequently walk by this place to go to the Lake Merritt or to reach to the courthouse. This museum is recommended for tourists because it presents a few number of exhibitions that are focused on the history of California.
- Name:Oakland Museum of California
- Address:1000 Oak St Oakland, CA 94607 b/t 11th St & 10th St Lake Merritt
- Phone: (510) 318-8400
16. It’s time to have some coffee and pizza
All pizza lovers and coffee fans should visit this place, at least, ones. There are numerous pizza and beer shops in Oakland and it becomes little difficult to discern them. If you want to see a wide range of tasty pizzas then you must stop by the Boot & Shoe Service. They have some delicious varieties in pizzas.
- Name:Boot & Shoe Service
- Address:3308 Grand Ave Oakland, CA 94610 b/t Elwood Ave & Santa Clara Ave Lower Hills, Grand Lake
- Phone: (510) 763-2668Access:
- Opening hour:7:00 am – 2:00 pm and 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
17. Get relief at the Oakland California Temple
The Oakland California Temple is an exceptional piece of art and a gorgeous building with elegant basis. It is a majestic place to spend a few minutes to reveal and enjoy the serenity at that this place. Despite religious connections, anyone can get pleasure from the foundation and vicinity of the Oakland temple. You are recommended to visit this place during Christmas.
- Name:Oakland California Temple
- Address:4770 Lincoln Ave Oakland, CA 94602 at Alida St
- Phone: (510) 531-3200Access:
18. Eat light food at the Commis
Do you like eating some fresh food to relax your mood? Then, you should check out Commis. This is a small dining restaurant located in North Oakland. It has the sitting arrangement for about 20 seats. Each item listed on their menu card has the classic touch of premium ingredients. Inventive preparations and stunning presentation are some of the major features of commis.
- Address:3859 Piedmont Ave Oakland, CA 94611 b/t Rio Vista Ave & Montell St Piedmont Ave, North Oakland
- Phone: (510) 653-3902Access:
- Opening hour:5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
19. Take a tour to the Chabot Space & Science Center
Chabot Space and Science Centre is an awesome place placed in Oakland. It consists of numerous striking activities such as a three big telescopes, fully digital planetarium, interactive demonstrations, a big screen theatre etc. People who like the history of Cosmonauts frequently visit this place to spend some quality time in the world of science.
- Name:Chabot Space & Science Center
- Address:10000 Skyline Blvd Oakland, CA 94619 at Joaquin Miller Rd Oakland Hills
- Phone: (510) 336-7373Access:
- Opening hour:10:00 am – 10:00 pm
20. Attend exhibitions held at Peralta Hacienda Historical Park
— Peralta Hacienda (@peraltahacienda) March 6, 2016
Spread over 6 acres, Peralta Hacienda Historical Park is one of the optimum parks sited in Oakland. The park has recently started arranging some extraordinary events for youth. If you like attending exhibitions, art programs, extraordinary performances, presentations, or neighbourhood events then you must visit Peralta Hacienda Historical Park during your trip to Oakland.
- Name:Peralta Hacienda Historical Park
- Address:2465 34th Ave Oakland, CA 94601 at Salisbury St East Oakland
- Phone: (510) 532-9142Access:
- Opening hour:2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
These are some of the best things to do in Oakland. Apart from aforementioned activities, you too can search some new things to do in this beautiful place.
Have a good trip and travel!