Are you planning to spend vacations in Stockton and not sure about how to plan your trip in one of the best city of California. You need to keep one thing in mind that Stockton city is full of adventurous sites which are free of cost or very cheap. Given below is the list of some of the best things to do in Stockton if you are visiting the place for the first time:
1. Visit Art and Culture at The Haggin Museum
This art and history museum is known as the undersung gem of California. The museum is full of artwork by famous 19th-century painters. It also features local and regional history, host traveling history. There is a beautiful park in the museum named The Victory Park which is must visit place for kids.
- Name: Haggin Museum
- Address: 1201 N Pershing Ave, Stockton, CA 95203, United States
- Phone: +1 209-940-6300
- Website: www.hagginmuseum.org/
2. Enjoy a religious walk in Cambodian Buddhist Temple
This temple in Stockton features near about 90 statues of Cambodian Buddha which explain his life story. The temple also has 50 foot long recumbent Buddha and at every new year in April Cambodian New Year is celebrated here. The entry to the temple is free of cost and donations are also accepted by visitors.
- Name: Wat Dhammararam Buddhist Temple
- Address: 3732 Carpenter Rd, Stockton, CA 95215, United States
- Phone:+1 209-943-2883
- Website: www.watdhammararambuddhist.org/home0.aspx
3. Enjoy live music at Weber Point Event Centre
The Weber Point Event Centre is famous in Stockton for festivals, concerts and community celebrations all over the year. This place has a splendid water fountain to enjoy in summers and play area for children. Parking facility is available along with accommodation services for visitors and the stage of the centre is covered with fabric shade structure.
- Name: Weber Point Events Center
- Address: 221 N Center St, Stockton, CA 95202, United States
- Phone: +1 209-937-8206
- Website: www.stocktongov.com/government/departments/communityServices/rIWeber.html
4. Shop for goods in Weberstown Mall market
There are large numbers of farmers markets in Stockton where you can buy all type of products from grocery to organic foods. The best market among them is Weberstown mall market which offers fresh fruits, vegetables, and bakery items. The market is open on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Name: Weberstown Mall
- Address: 4950 Pacific Ave, Stockton, CA 95207, United States
- Phone: +1 209-477-0245
- Website: http://weberstown.com/
5. Visit Historical tombs at Rural Cemetery
This cemetery is the resting place of forefathers of Stockton. Here, you can see the tombs of famous caterpillar inventor Benjamin Holt and Reuel Colt Gridley. These beautiful monuments are hand-crafted. The visit to the cemetery is free of cost.
- Name: Stockton Rural Cemetery
- Address: 2350 Cemetery Ln, Stockton, CA 95204, United States
- Phone: +1 209-465-5213
6. Take a Tour of Lincoln Centre
If you are planning for shopping and dining all at one place then go for Lincoln centre as this is the premiere shopping and dining destination in Stockton. You can also enjoy events at the place. There are nearly 10 eating places and more than 50 shops for shopping of clothes, grocery items organic foods and more.
- Name: Lincoln Shopping Center
- Address: 374 Lincoln Center, Stockton, CA 95207, United States
- Phone: +1 209-477-4868
- Website: http://lincolncentershops.com/
7. Gary and Janice Podesto Teen Impact Centre
The place is covered in 18,000 square foot building and has a bowling alley, half court basketball area, climbing wall stage, library, meeting rooms, snack bar, and other various active programs. The centre can also be hired on rent for different occasions.
- Name: Podesto Teen Impact Center
- Address: 725 North, El Dorado, Stockton CA, 95202
- Phone: 209-937-7170
8. Have a picnic at Children’s Museum of Stockton
For the full entertainment of young children museum is the best option to enjoy. The museum offers hands-on and plays based on exhibitions where young ones get to know about how the world works. The museum also organizes special events and free admission days many times in the year. The admission charges are $6 per person and the museum is closed on Monday and Tuesday every week.
- Name: Children’s Museum of Stockton
- Address: 402 W Weber Ave, Stockton, CA 95203, United States
- Phone: +1 209-465-4386
- Website: http://www.childrensmuseumstockton.org/
9. Enjoy Bird-watching at Stockton Wetlands
This wetland is a place of attraction for thousands of bird-lovers who come here every year but by prior appointment. The place has near about 7300 birds of 55 different species. This wetland has been a breeding site for local birds and is referred as part of San Joaquin birding symposium.
- Name: Stockton Wetlands
- Address: 2500 Navy drive, Stockton, CA 95206
- Phone: 209-937-8700
10. Go for skating at Stockton Skate Park
The Stockton skate park offers a variety of facilities to skate lovers such as the moon, small bowl, half pipe, rail, fun box, block,Piano and many other. The park has a youth-friendly atmosphere and is a good entertainment place for people of all ages. The visit to the park is free of cost.
- Name: Constitution Park
- Address: 1101 E Lindsay St, Stockton, CA 95205, United States
- Phone: +1 209-937-8341
- Website: http://www.stocktongov.com/discover/pcc.html
11. Entertain Yourself at Pixie Woods Amusement park
This amusement park offers something exciting for people of all ages from young to old and is the favourite destination for families from past 5o years. There you can enjoy rides such as vintage merry- go-round, fire-truck, pirate ships and also has water play area.
- Name: Pixie Woods
- Address: 3121 Monte Diablo Ave, Stockton, CA 95203, United States
- Phone: +1 209-937-7354
- Website: http://stocktongov.com/government/departments/communityServices/attPixWood.html
12. Read books at Troke Library
Troke library offers many other facilities along with books which include weekly classes, guest speakers, reading programs, visits from famous authors and many activities for children also. At the Troke library in Stockton, you can enjoy local newspapers and historical documents.
- Name: Troke Library
- Address: 502 W Benjamin Holt Dr, Stockton, CA 95207, United States
- Phone: +1 209-937-8221
- Website: http://www.ssjcpl.org/
13. Enjoy at Oak Grove Regional Park and Nature Centre
This park offers fishing, trails, playgrounds, disk-golf and paddleboats in the summer season. It is also the best option for picnics, annual events, and fishing tournaments. The nature centre offers a wide variety of trees and animals.
- Name: Oak Grove Regional Park
- Address: 4520 W. Eight Mile Rd., Stockton, CA 95209, United States
- Phone: +1 209-953-8800
- Website: http://www.sjparks.com/parks/oak-grove-regional-park.aspx
14. Micke Grove Regional Park
This Park is the best attraction of San Joaquin County and offers many attractions for visitors such as a beautiful lake with water fountain, a Japanese Garden, softball fields, horseshoe pits, children playground and outdoor picnic shelters at rent. The park is open all days of the week and the entry fee is very genuine.
- Name: Micke Grove Regional Park
- Address: 11793 N Micke Grove Rd, Lodi, CA 95240, United States
- Phone: +1 209-331-7400
- Website: http://www.sjparks.com/parks/micke-grove-regional-park.aspx
15. Experience local Art at Art Expressions of San Joaquin
The main motive of the place is to reveal the art of local artists of San Joaquin. The admission to the art gallery is free of cost and is open from Monday to Friday every week. The exhibitions at gallery promote local and original artists of the country and share their expertise in the field of art and craft.
- Name: Art Expressions of San Joaquin
- Address: 44 N San Joaquin St, Stockton, CA 95202, United States
- Phone: +1 209-460-0780
- Website: http://www.artexpressions.org/
16. Enjoy Summer Concerts at the Victory Park
If you are planning to visit Stockton in summers then the best entertainment option is to go and enjoy music events that held every year in Victory Park with your family or friends. You can also plan a picnic there with family and also enjoy great music.
- Name: Victory Park
- Address: 1001 N Pershing Ave, Stockton, CA 95203, United States
- Phone: +1 209-937-8206
- Website: http://www.stocktongov.com/files/VictoryPark.pdf
17. Get relaxed by watching the movie at Bob Hope Theatre
The Bob Hope theatre of Stockton is a renovated theatre which shows classical movies and performances by famous musicians and comedians. The theatre has best screen and sound system and offers comfortable and relaxes seating facility.
- Name: Bob Hope Theatre
- Address: 242 E Main St, Stockton, CA 95202, United States
- Phone: +1 209-337-4673
- Website: http://www.stocktonlive.com/
18. Enjoy nightlife at Chivita’s Salsa sports bar and Grill
This bar is situated in Historic waterfront Warehouse and is very famous for Mexican food and Salsa Dance. You can also enjoy the drinks on the terrace of the bar along with a beautiful view of Ballpark and Arena.
- Name: Chitiva’s Salsa & Sports Bar
- Address: 445 W Weber Ave #122, Stockton, CA 95203, United States
- Phone: +1 209-941-8605
19. Take a Sip of Mouth Tempting Coffee at Starbucks Coffee
You can enjoy your favourite hot drink also enjoy the splendid view of marina and waterfront. Outdoor seating facility is also available and all varieties of coffee are served here with soothing music experience.
- Name: Starbucks
- Address: 222 N El Dorado St, Stockton, CA 95202, United States
- Phone: +1 209-463-6177
- Website: http://www.starbucks.com/store/14217/us/el-dorado-channel-stockton/222-north-el-dorado-street-1-stockton-ca
20. Dine and Dance at Nena’s Mexican Restaurant
The restaurant is located at Waterfront warehouse and has an outdoor patio for seating of customers. You can enjoy Mexican cuisine at its best in this restaurant. The live music is also enjoyed on Thursdays.
- Name: NENA’S MEXICAN RESTAURANT
- Address: 445 W Weber Ave, Stockton, CA 95203, United States
- Phone: +1 209-547-0217
- Website: http://www.nenasmexicanrestaurant.com/
It is right to say that there are plenty of options to enjoy food, nightlife, fun recreation and entertainment in Stockton, California.
Have a good trip and travel!