Source: Toshihiro Gamo
While discussing the 10 best sushi restaurants to go in Sapporo, a commercial city in the northern Japan on western Hokkaido, you must know that there is no official ranking of the sushi restaurants here. However, you can rely on the customers’ reviews to know what a restaurant is all about and what it stands for in Sapporo.
Hanamaru is the place that sells one of the finest quality sushi. Visitors opine that the restaurant serves its dishes on the conveyor belt. It is specially known for the mouth-watering sushi. As a guest there, you have the liberty of picking up the dishes of fresh seafood and in the end; the waiter comes with a bill after counting the dishes.
- Name: Hanamaru
- Address: Hanamaru,14 Nishi, Minami-25jo, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Japan
- Website: http://www.sushi-hanamaru.com/la_en/index.html
- Phone: +81 11-512-8003
Though Kinzushi is a traditional sushi eatery, you will like it in view of its welcoming ambience that multiplies your happiness on top of the best quality sushi and some fresh seafood available here. However, it remains quite busy and you have to reach early to avoid the rush. It is open for lunch as well.
- Name: Kinzushi
- Address: Kinzushi, 7-chome Kita 2-jyo Higashi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido
- Opening hour: Morning 6:30 AM to 12 PM. It is also open for the lunch time.
The fresh seafood of Sushikazu is very popular in Sapporo. You will have a wonderful experience of sushi with your family and friends as the restaurant has top-notch sushi chefs. You should make an advance reservation to get a table on your arrival there. Despite being out of the main city, the restaurant attracts a good crowd everyday all throughout the year. A Sushi chef runs it.
- Name: Sushikazu
- Address: Sushikazu, 19-4-14 Kita 24-jyo Nishi, Kita-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido
- Cards Available: JCB、AMEX、VISA、Diners
- Phone: +81 11-728-5350
It is a restaurant chain that has the presence throughout Japan. In fact, Sushizen chain of restaurants works as a grooming place for the chefs. The restaurant, therefore, provides one of the best sushi foods in Sapporo. Some guests opine that the restaurant provides superb sashimi and sushi both.
- Name: Sushizen
- Address: Sushizen, North 1 West 27, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 14:30 and 17:00 – 22.30. Sunday closed.
5. Nemuro Hanamaru JR Tower Stellar Place
According to the travelers’ feedback, you should reach there early to avoid the rush. The best part is that the restaurant serves fresh and good quality sushi food such as kaiten sushi and hotate sushi at the most affordable price. Overall, you will have a fulfilling experience of dining sushi here as experienced by the guests.
- Name: Numero Hanamaru JR Tower Stellar Place
- Address: Numero Hanamaru JR Tower Stellar Place, 2 Kitagojonishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-0005, Hokkaido
- Opening Hours: After hours dinning option is available here.
This is yet another place for some fresh sushi. It is a revolving restaurant. Enjoy your delicious sushi on the move. Besides, the restaurant is conveniently located, just a minute walk from the Sapporo Station. A self-service restaurant provides good quality sushi at the most affordable price.
- Name: Toppii
- Address: Toppii, Kita11Jonishi, Chuoku, Sapporo 060-8644, Hokkaido
- Website: http://www.toppii.jp/
- Opening Hours: After hours dining option is available here.
7. Susukino Sushikin
You will be happy to know that owner of this restaurant Susukino Sushikin is involved in cooking sushi. This, in other words, construes that you can expect the best sushi of Sapporo here. The shop has a brand pool and it uses all local ingredients so that you always get the fresh sushi here.
- Name: Susukino Sushikin
- Address: Susukino Sushikin, 4-5-4 Minami 4-jyo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido
- Website: http://s-sushikin.jp/index.html#_=_
- Phone: +81 11-251-9521
8. Otaru Masazushi Shop
As the name suggests, the main shop of Masazushi is in Otaru. You will be glad to know that this shop has trained some of the best sushi chefs in the world. The best part is that you can get some real fresh and local ingredients with the mouth-watering sushi dishes here.
- Name: Otaru Masazushi Shop
- Address: 1-1-1 Hanazono,Sushi-ya, Otaru.
- Phone: +81 134-23-0011
Waraku is a unique place for the sushi as you can find the most varieties of sushi here. Interestingly, a three-belt conveyor restaurant has carved a niche for itself in Sapporo. Fresh supplies for sushi come from the western Japan and Hokkaido. It means you always get the fresh seafood and sushi here.
- Name: Waraku
- Address: Waraku, Sakai-machi 3-1, Otaru
- Phone: +81 11-261-3311
10. Sushiya no Yamada
Sushiya no Yamada has a rich history spread over the last 25 years or so. It was first founded in Susukino and interestingly, the owner of this shop himself is involved in day-to-day operation of the shop. You thus get the best quality sushi here that this man has been manufacturing since long.
- Name: Sushiya No Yamada
- Address: Sushiya no Yamada, 4-4-2 Minami 5-kyo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido
- Opening Hours: Normal hours: 17:00-02:00
- Price: 10,000 JPY
- Other: English-speaking staff available.
Have a nice trip and travel!