Hiroshima is a great city which is located at the Honshu Island. This place is worldwide famous by the tragic events in 1945 when the first atomic bomb was dropped. Today Hiroshima is a large and rapidly developing city with many great landmarks to see. While visiting the city, you will need to make a food stops to reenergize yourself. Let’s take a look at the top 15 best restaurants to go in Hiroshima.
Nagataya is a great restaurant to stop after a long day while exploring the city. You can easily find the Nagataya, it`s located near The Peace Park, in the heart of the city. You will find this place very friendly and with an incredible atmosphere. The restaurant has a beautiful design in a traditional style. All dishes from the menu are really tasty. The helpful staff helps you to take an order depending on your wishes. Great place to take a food stop.
- Name: Nagataya
- Address: 1-7-19 Otemachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0051, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Opening hour: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Saturday – 11:00 am – 9:30 pm
2. Roopali Wakakusamachi
Roopali Wakakusamachi isn’t a traditional Japanese place to eat. This is the place where you can try traditional Indian cuisines. Moreover, the restaurant has many variations of vegetarian dishes and halal food. You will find this place perfect if you want to try something different from Japanese food or you just don’t want to spend a lot of money. Roopali Wakakusamachi is a great place for budget travelers.
- Name: Roopali Wakakusamachi
- Address: 14-32 Wakakusacho, Higashi-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Good for: dining on a budget
Hassei is a perfect late night food stop, it’s open till 2 am. This is a good restaurant with low prices. When you take an order, you can see how the chef makes your meal. Everything is looking very tasty and fresh. Hassei doesn’t have an English menu, but the staff is always happy to help you with your decision. The atmosphere is great and the place has a traditional design. You will always meet here a big bunch of people, that means the place is really great.
- Name: Hassei
- Address: 4-17 Fujimicho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0043, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Opening hour: 11:30 am – 2:00 pm 5:30 pm – 2:23 am, Sunday 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Take a good food experience in Okonomimura restaurant. The place is perfect for relaxing evening. It has a lot of space to sit down and enjoy time with friends. The restaurant’s staff is great and smiley; they always help you with all your questions. What about the menu? It`s really great, there are many different dishes and all of them are tasty. Try traditional Japanese kitchen at Okonomimura and you will never regret it.
- Name: Okonomimura
- Address: 5-13 Shintenchi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0034, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Guttsuri-an is a fancy place with an adorable design and interior. The restaurant specializes in seafood, so if you are a fan of food like that, this place must be in your need-to-visit list. Guttsuri-an restaurant perfectly suits for foreigners, staff speaks English, so you will easily make your order. But be prepared, they take cash only. In Guttsuri-an, you will have the best seafood experience in Hiroshima.
- Name: Guttsuri-an
- Address: 1-36 Tannacho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-0034, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Cuisine: Seafood
Are you looking for a not ordinary place to eat in Hiroshima? Koba is a perfect choice for you. Great place with incredible atmosphere and good vibes. Koba restaurant is suitable for foreigners as well as for locals. Here you will meet people all across the globe. Koba prepares very delicious meals. It can be traditional cuisine or something more western like pizza. You will have an amazing time at this place.
- Name: Koba
- Address: 1-4 Nakamachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0037, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Opening hour: 18:00-02:00
7. Parco della Pace
Parco della Pace is an italian restaurant in the heart of Hiroshima city. Do you want to try something different from local cuisine? This place is totally perfect. Parco della Pace makes one of the best pizzas and other Italian dishes. The place is decorated in Italian style, so you can forget where you are at the moment. Stuff is friendly and helpful, they will tell you all about every dish as they don’t have an English menu.
- Name: Parco della Pace
- Address: 1-5 Dohashicho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0854, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizza
8. Mitchan Sohonten Hatchobori
Want to try the tastiest okonomiyaki in the city? Go to the Mitchan Sohonten Hatchobori. This is a small restaurant but they have really amazing dishes. You need to wait a little bit at the line, but it is worth. The place has a menu in English, so you will easily understand what you are ordering, and what it is made from. Great place for a food stop while you are traveling.
- Name: Mitchan Sohonten Hatchobori
- Address: 6-7, Hacchobori, Mashinakaku | 1F Churis Hatchobori, Hiroshima 730-8680, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Opening hour: Weekends 11:00 am – 2:30 pm 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm Weekdays 11:00 am – 2:00 pm 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
9. Gallery Mystery Cafe Susano
Beautiful traditional restaurant in the middle of the city. Gallery Mystery Cafe Susano is a perfect place to make a food stop and try something different from Japanese cuisine. They have a great menu with big variations of dishes, moreover it`s in two languages: English and Japanese. The food is really delicious and they serve it in big portions. You won’t go hungry and dissatisfied with Gallery Mystery Cafe Susano.
- Name: Gallery Mystery Cafe Susano
- Address: 10-13 Nishitokaichicho Naka-Ku | Sawaya Bldg. 1F, Hiroshima 730-0806, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Opening hour: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
10. Nagomi Ryori Aimizuk
Another great place with traditional Japanese cuisine. Nagomi Ryori Aimizuki restaurant is a place, where you can take an amazing food experience. The place has great design and homely atmosphere. You will totally enjoy your time spending here. We highly recommend you to try seafood here. They have incredible sashimi and fish dishes. If you don’t understand something on the menu, don’t be afraid, the restaurant’s service will help you with the right decision.
- Name: Nagomi Ryori Aimizuk
- Address: Maison Sepia, 2-4-19 Sakaimachi, Naka-Ku | Maison Sepia, Hiroshima 730-0853, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Cuisine: traditional Japanese
Reichan is a great place with very low prices. You can try different traditional Japanese meals and do not spend a lot of money. The staff is great and helpful. They don’t have English menu, but they will tell you everything you need to know about the meal you will order. Reichan is a small place, sometimes they have a little queue, but it is worth the dishes they serve.
- Name: Reichan
- Address: 2-37 Matsubara-cho, Minami-ku | 2F Hiroshima Station ASSE Bldg., Hiroshima 732-0822, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Opening hour: 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
12. Musubi Musashi
Musubi Musashi is a small restaurant with very cozy design and pleasant atmosphere. You will totally like spending your dinner here, the prices are low and food quality is on the top level. They have one of the best Japanese menus in the city. We are recommending you to try their favorite dishes like Udon noodles and Musubi (rice ball), they have incredible taste. Also, you can order the Musubi-bento (rice ball lunchbox) the most popular dish at this place.
- Name: Musubi Musashi
- Address: Matsubaracho, Mashiminamiku, Hiroshima 732-8791, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Average prices: USD 7 – 9
Hassho is one of the most popular restaurants at the Hiroshima. They serve really delicious traditional Japanese cuisine. We highly recommend you to book the table, the line outside is huge and right away the corner. The important information you need to know is that they accept booking the table but only for 4 people or more. The restaurant’s staff is great and you will enjoy the positive atmosphere here.
- Name: Hassho
- Address: 10-6 Yagenbori Naka-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Good for: lunch
14. Caffe Ponte
Caffe Ponte is an incredible Italian place in the heart of the Hiroshima city. Beautiful place with amazing Italian style. They have outside tables, where you can enjoy the evening with your friends. Caffe Ponte serves different Italian dishes. Here you can try the big variety of salads, pizzas, and pasta. Also, you can enjoy the fresh oysters and mussels.The taste of all dishes is so perfect so you will forget about everything bad that could happen to you during the day.
- Name: Caffe Ponte
- Address: 1-9-21 Otemachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0051, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Opening hour: Weekends 8:00 am – 10:00 pm Weekdays 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
KeMBY’s is must to visit restaurant in Hiroshima for all travelers. The place serves international dishes, so you can try Japanese, American or Italian cuisine at the same evening without leaving the place. KeMBY’s has a modern design and great style. This place is perfectly made for dinners with best friends or family. Visit this place at least ones and you will want to come back here again. KeMBY’s is a hidden gem in the big Hiroshima city.
- Name: KeMBY’s
- Address: 2-9-13 Otemachi Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0051, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Average prices: USD 11
- Opening hour:
The Hiroshima city has a big history and incredible landmarks to see, but also this place is full of the most outstanding places to eat. Now, you know the best places for a dinner, lunch or breakfast. Just pick a few of them, and you will be in love with Hiroshima`s cuisine.
Have a good trip and travel!