Source: Ungry Young Man
Dining is one way to enjoy the wonders of Cadiz. In this ancient port city surrounded by sea, fresh seafood is definitely worth a try. Then there are the Spanish tapas which you can enjoy any time of the day. Either way, Cadiz has several excellent restaurants that can offer you both and more.
Located in an enclave with spectacular views of the bay, Balandro is one of the most recommended restaurants by the locals of Cadiz. This traditional restaurant has three dining rooms, all beautifully decorated. Balandro has a very extensive menu and also a wide selection of wine. For those who opt for tapas, they also have a self-serving tapas bar.
- Name: Balandro
- Address: Alameda de Apodaca, 22, 11004 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 956 22 09 92
- Opening hour: Daily: 1:00PM to 4:00PM, 8:00PM to 12:00AM
- Website: www.restaurantebalandro.com
2. Restaurante El Faro de Cádiz
Considered as one of Cadiz’s finest seafood restaurant today, El Faro de Cádiz first opened as a small tavern in 1964. Now, it can accommodate up to 200 people. A few of the tasty dishes they offer are the shrimp fritters, hearts of palm salad, and Retinto meats. They also serve homemade desserts. The staff is friendly and helpful in giving recommendations.
- Name: Restaurante El Faro de Cádiz
- Address: Calle San Félix, 15, 11002 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 956 22 58 58
- Opening hour: Daily: 1:00PM to 4:30PM, 8:30PM to 12:00AM
- Website: www.elfarodecadiz.com
3. Mesón Cumbres Mayores
For a delicious meal in a cozy atmosphere, head to Mesón Cumbres Mayores. This restaurant is small but has a very relaxing and casual ambiance. The front is a bar where one can enjoy a variety of tapas and beer. In the restaurant, the menu includes a selection of salads, seafood, grilled meat, and stews. The staff is welcoming and the service is fast.
- Name: Mesón Cumbres Mayores
- Address: Calle Zorrilla, 4, 11004 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 856 07 22 42
- Opening hour: Daily: 12:30PM to 4:30PM, 8:00PM to 11:50PM
- Website: www.mesoncumbresmayores.com
4. Restaurante Sopranis
Sophisticated and innovative describes Restaurante Sopranis. Located on a street with the same name, this restaurant has a simple and minimalistic décor but offers an extensive range of “Nouvelle Cuisine” dishes. Creatively made and beautifully presented, the food in Restaurante Sopranis is definitely a must to try. On the left of the restaurant is a tapas bar where one can enjoy a more casual setting.
- Name: Restaurante Sopranis
- Address: Calle Sopranis, 5, 11005 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 956 28 43 10
- Opening hour: Tuesday to Saturday: 1:30PM to 4:00PM, 9:00PM to 12:00AM, Sunday: 1:30PM to 4:00PM
- Holiday: Monday
- Website: www.sopranis.es
5. La Isleta de la Viña
La Isleta de la Viña may look like a typical tapas bar but there’s a reason why it’s crowded every single night. This small bar serves one of the tastiest assortments of tapas in Cadiz, all made from fresh ingredients. La Isleta de la Viña also serves vegetarian dishes such as falafel and hummus. Not only is the food delicious, it’s also very affordable. Their beer and other drinks are cheap, too.
- Name: La Isleta de la Viña
- Address: Calle Pericón de Cádiz, 12, 11002 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 656 23 16 53
- Opening hour: Daily, 1:00PM to 12:00AM
- Website: www.isletadelavina.com
6. La Pepa
La Pepa is a restaurant that specializes in rice dishes. They are known for their different kinds of paellas which are served hot on a huge plate. They also serve fresh seafood. Located near the sea, it has great views outside but the inside is beautifully decorated, as well – with paintings of Spanish balconies on the walls. Service is fast and friendly and the price is very reasonable.
- Name: La Pepa
- Address: Paseo Marítimo, 14, 11010 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 956 26 38 21
- Opening hour: Sunday to Wednesday: 10:00AM to 5:00PM; Thursday to Saturday: 10:00AM to 5:00PM, 8:00PM to 12:00AM
- Website: www.arrocerialapepa.com
7. La Candela
Though small and almost hidden down a narrow street, La Candela is a beautiful restaurant that serves amazing food. The place is cozy and the décor is simple but very lovely if not a little quirky. They serve tasty dishes like perfectly cooked tuna steak and pork cheek. They also have an impressive wine list. The prices are very reasonable and the staff is more than just pleasant.
- Name: La Candela
- Address: 11001, Calle Feduchy, 3, 11001 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 956 22 18 2
- Opening hour: Daily, 1:30PM to 4:00PM, 8:30PM to 11:30PM
8. Restaurante Café Royalty
Simple yet elegant, Restaurante Café Royalty has one of the most stunning interiors. Its quiet location helps create a relaxing ambiance, too. Though a little on the expensive side, the food is of good quality and is beautifully presented. They have set menus with matching wine for those who want a full course meal but they also serve a variety of cakes and coffees. Vegetarian options are available.
- Name: Restaurante Café Royalty
- Address: Plaza Candelaria, 11005 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 956 07 80 65
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday: 9:30AM to 11:30PM, Saturday: 9:00AM to 12:00AM, Sunday: 9:00AM to 11:30PM
- Website: www.caferoyalty.com
9. La Despensa
Located at the Santa María del Mar beach, La Despensa is a stylish restaurant with scenic views of the ocean. They serve traditional cuisine made from fresh local produce and their menu is mostly based on the best seasonal items. From salads, seafood and meat, to dessert, one can have a tasty full course meal here. A selection of good wine is also available.
- Name: La Despensa
- Address: Plaza Escritor Ramón Solís, 9, 11008 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 956 26 53 20
- Opening hour: Daily, 11:00AM to 12:00AM
- Website: www.ladespensacadiz.com
10. Restaurante Arteserrano
Opened in 1996, Restaurante Arteserrano is located on the South West coast of Cadiz and has a wonderful view of the Victoria Beach. The restaurant is very traditional in its décor with its tiled floor, brick columns, and wooden furniture. They serve more than 90 different dishes and their specialties include the stuffed oxtail and suckling lamb chops. They also have a special set menu for children.
- Name: Restaurante Arteserrano
- Address: Paseo Marítimo, 2, 11010 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 956 27 72 58
- Opening hour: Sunday to Friday: 1:00 to 5:00PM, 8:00PM to 12:00AM; Saturday: 1:00 to 5:00PM, 8:00PM to 1:00AM
- Website: www.arteserrano.com
Enjoying the beaches and soaking up some sun in Cadiz can leave you famished. Check out these restaurants for a full and satisfying meal.
Have a good trip and travel!