Source: Pedro Lozano
There is more to the nightlife in Cadiz than just drinking. Tasteful wines and tapas aside, one can enjoy a night in this ancient port city by experiencing more of the local culture. There’s theater, flamenco, live music, and even carnivals. Here is a list of places to check out when you’re out and about at night in Cadiz:
1. Gran Teatro Falla
Source: Juan Fernández
Located in Plaza Fragela, Gran Teatro Falla is a symbolic theater of the city of Cadiz. Although the theater is not open for tours or visits, you can see the beauty of its interior if you watch a show in the Gran Teatro Falla. The shows are usually flamenco or jazz but sometimes the theater holds carnivals within its walls. Of course, tourists may visit this Neo-Mudéjar theater to see its magnificent facade.
- Name: Gran Teatro Falla
- Address: Plaza Fragela, s/n, 11003 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 956 22 08 34
- Website: www.laciudad.cadiz.es/programacion-gran-teatro-falla.asp
2. Taberna La Manzanilla
Taberna La Manzanilla is anything but a typical drinking place. With huge casks, barrels, and bottles stacked on the counters and against the walls, this traditional and old-fashioned sherry bar has been a locals’ favorite for three generations now. The owner is very knowledgeable about the wines and will readily help you choose your drink. He is very friendly and can converse in English.
- Name: Taberna La Manzanilla
- Address: Calle Feduchy, 19, 11005 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 956 28 54 01
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday 11:00AM to 3:30PM, 7:00PM to 10:30PM, Saturday and Sunday 11:00AM to 3:30PM
- Website: www.tabernalamanzanilla.es
3. Nahu Centro
Located in the old town of Cadiz, Nahu Centro is an eclectic bar popular with the younger crowd. The place is modern with an industrial and vintage interior. Nahu serves a variety of snacks and its bar has a wide selection of drinks and cocktails. A DJ provides the music though there are also live performances and special events at times.
- Name: Nahu Centro
- Address: Calle Beato Diego de Cádiz, 8, 11004 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 856 07 00 70
- Opening hour: Sunday to Thursday 5:00PM to 3AM, Friday and Saturday 5:00PM to 4:00AM
- Website: www.nahucadiz.es
4. Muelle Uno
Muelle Uno is a popular bar and café located at the center of the old town. With wooden floors and clean lines, the interior is simple yet cozy. Here you can order a cup of good coffee or select your choice of beer on draft. Visitors can enjoy their drinks inside where there is good music or out in the terrace where there are scenic views of the park and the port.
- Name: Muelle Uno
- Address: Cristóbal Colón 1, 11005 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 856 17 45 03
- Opening hour: Daily 11:00AM to 2:00AM
- Website: www.muelle-uno-cadiz.webnode.es
First opened in 1999, O’Donoghue’s is a quaint but lively little piece of Ireland on Cadiz shore. This pub impressively has a wide selection of drinks which includes whiskey, gin, and rum. They also have more than 50 varieties of beer and they serve authentic Irish coffee, too. Inside they hold several different sporting events though they also have an outdoor terrace which has a view of the ocean.
- Name: Pub O’Donoghue’s
- Address: Calle Misericordia, 6, 11500 El Puerto de Sta María, Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 956 85 15 99
Located on the beach, this lounge is perfect when you want a drink after a day of being under the sun. They have a wide variety of food and drinks available. You can order coffee or smoothie during the day and beer or cocktail at night. What makes Charlotte fun is the crowd and its boisterous atmosphere. They have TV sports nights and parties occasionally.
- Name: Charlotte
- Address: Paseo Marítimo, 4, 11010 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone: +34 956 07 25 82
- Opening hour: Monday to Thursday 1:00PM to 2AM, Friday and Saturday 12:00PM to 3:00AM, Sunday 12:00PM to 2:00AM
A wonderful way to spend the night in Cadiz is to visit Café Teatro Pay Pay and see a show. Located in one of the oldest and most beautiful neighborhoods of the city, the theater itself is full of historical charm. They hold live performances like flamenco, musicals, and even carnivals. Not only will you get to witness more of the local culture in Café Teatro Pay Pay, you will also have a lot of fun.
- Name: Café Teatro Pay Pay
- Address: Calle Silencio, 1, 11005 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 956 25 25 43
- Opening hour: Wednesday to Saturday 10:00PM to 3:00AM
- Holiday: Sunday to Tuesday
- Website: www.cafeteatropaypay.com
8. La Cava
La Cava is the perfect place to watch authentic flamenco dancing. In this small tavern, guests are invited to enjoy a flamenco show wherein three dancers, a guitar player, and a singer all perform on a platform. Handclaps and foot stomping provide the beat of the performance and creates a very raw and lively atmosphere. They also serve tapas and wine to be enjoyed while watching the dance.
- Name: La Cava
- Address: Calle Antonio López, 16, 11004 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 956 21 18 66
- Opening hour:
- Website: www.flamencolacava.com
9. El Pelícano MúsiCafé
For a night of good live music, head to El Pelícano MúsiCafé. Housed in an old bunker, one can have a cup of coffee here in the afternoon and some cocktails at night. It is a good place to hang out with friends as the atmosphere is laid back but also very merry. This club is always buzzing with locals and the sound of saxophones.
- Name: El Pelícano MúsiCafé
- Address: Av. Fernández Ladreda, 1, 11004 Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 654 52 54 18
10. Tabanco Plateros
Tabanco Plateros is a pub located in the center of the busy town of Jerez. A fusion between a traditional tavern and a modern wine bar, Tabanco Plateros has a wide selection of delicious sherry, tapas, and cheeses. The wines are usually served by sherry samplers and are complimented with cheeses that are locally produced in Cadiz. Their selection of tapas includes roast beef, sausages, and many others.
- Name: Tabanco Plateros
- Address: Plaza Plateros, 11403 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
- Phone:+34 665 21 34 15
- Opening hour: Monday to Saturday 12:00PM to 4:00PM 8:00PM to 12:00AM, Sunday 8:00PM to 12:00AM
- Website: www.tabancoplateros.com
You can experience nightlife in Cadiz with all your senses. See the luminous sights, hear the upbeat music, smell aromas of delicious cooking, taste different wines and beers, and feel the crowd that welcomes you to this magnificent city.
Have a good trip and travel!