Source: Mate Marschalko
Enjoying the beauty of Tenerife is not complete without tasting the food it has to offer. From the local Canarian cuisine to Spanish tapas and other international dishes, there are many amazing restaurants in this island. Here are 15 eating establishments that you have to go to when in Tenerife:
Located downtown, Bianco is an ultra-chic establishment and is one of the most recommended places to eat in Tenerife. It is also not your typical Italian restaurant. Although they do serve the usual pizza and pasta, expect to see these Italian favorites with an artistic flair. Every item on the menu is top quality but be sure to try the famous House Special Seafood Spaghetti Nero.
- Name: Bianco
- Address: 1st floor Commercial Centre Safari, Avenida Las Americas, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone: +34 922 78 86 97
- Opening hour: Monday to Saturday 1:00PM to 11:00PM, Sunday 5:00 to 11:00PM
- Website: www.biancorestauranttenerife.com
2. Restaurante La Casona del Vino
Modest and affordable, Restaurante La Casona del Vino is a family-owned restaurant that creates Spanish staples like rice, salads, meat, and fish from fresh ingredients with their own blend of herbs and spices. More than just beautifully presented, their dishes taste simply amazing. The staff is also friendly and the service is good. Try the restaurant’s Tenderloin Kisses which is a huge crowd favorite.
- Name: Restaurante La Casona del Vino
- Address: Carretera General Del Sur, 44, 38530 Candelaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 50 00 95
- Opening hour: Tuesday to Saturday 12:30PM to 4:30PM, 8:30PM to 11:30PM; Sunday 12:30PM to 4:30PM
- Holiday: Monday
- Website: www.lacasonadelvino.com
3. La Torre del Mirador
La Torre del Mirador is a seafront restaurant that has breathtaking views of the ocean. Guests may dine alfresco or choose among the rooms inside, each decorated differently. The restaurant also has a bodega downstairs where there is live music. Of course, the food and service are also very good. Moderately priced, La Torre del Mirador’s menu is mostly meat and fishes dishes.
- Name: La Torre del Mirador
- Address: C.C. El Mirador, Avda Bruselas, s/n, 38678 Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 71 22 09
- Opening hour: Daily 12:30PM to 12:30AM
- Website: www.latorredelmirador.com
4. Restaurant 88
Serving gourmet Oriental cuisine, Restaurant 88 is a stylish boutique restaurant located in the fishing village of La Caleta. The interior is simple yet elegant with clean lines and warm colors, while the terrace has a spectacular view of the sea. They offer banquet menus; the dishes a wonderful fusion of Chinese and Spanish. When dining as a group, try the Emperor Menu.
- Name: Restaurant 88
- Address: Edificio El Nido, Avenida Las Gaviotas, La Caleta, 38679 Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 77 58 29
- Opening hour: Wednesday to Monday 1:30PM to4:30PM, 7:00PM to 11:30PM
- Holiday: Tuesday
- Website: www.restaurant88tenerife.com
5. El Rincón de Juan Carlos
Tucked in a corner at Los Gigantes, El Rincón de Juan Carlos is an excellent restaurant that serves high-quality dishes. The interior is simple in décor but this family-owned restaurant is far from just ordinary. The menu constantly changes, depending on the seasonal ingredients available, but it is guaranteed that every dish is impeccable. The staff is also friendly and the service is more than satisfactory.
- Name: El Rincón de Juan Carlos
- Address: Acantilado de Los Gigantes, Pje Jacaranda, 2, 38683 Santiago del Teide, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 86 80 40
- Opening hour: Monday to Saturday 7:00PM to 10:00PM
- Holiday: Sunday
- Website: www.elrincondejuancarlos.es
6. Restaurante La Nonna
Located along the coastline at Costa Adeje’s Riviera, La Nonna is a posh and classy establishment opened in 2008. The restaurant is perfect for dates and intimate gatherings as it has several dining areas including four terraces with amazing views. The menu is mostly Mediterranean fusion and the wine list is decent. They also have mouthwatering desserts which can all be served on a sampler plate.
- Name: Restaurante La Nonna
- Address: Centro Comercial el Mirador Local 5, Av. Bruselas s/n, Playa del duque Adeje, 38670 Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 71 81 21
- Opening hour: Daily 24 hours
- Website: www.restaurantelanonna.com
7. Restaurante Primavera
Managed by a lovely couple, Restaurante Primavera is a cozy restaurant with a very welcoming and friendly staff. The food is fresh and tasty, all cooked to perfection. They serve a wide variety of dishes from steak to goose to different kinds of seafood. They also serve wine, coffee, and a few desserts. One of their crowd favorites is the beef goulash.
- Name: Restaurante Primavera
- Address: Edificio Bucanero, C./ Juan-Reveron Sierra 4, 38650 Los Cristianos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 687 14 68 84
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday 4:00PM to 11:00PM, Saturday and Sunday 1:00PM to 11PM
- Holiday: Tuesday
8. Thai Botanico
Thai Botanico is another Oriental dining establishment located in Playa de las Americas. Beautifully decorated with Thai artifacts, rich colors, and lots of greeneries, the restaurant has a very warm and cozy atmosphere. The food also does not disappoint. If you’re looking for authentic Thai cuisine in Tenerife, Thai Botanico is the perfect place. Try their curry dishes such as the Lamb Masaman Curry.
- Name: Thai Botanico
- Address: 1ª, Centro Comercial Safari, Av. las Américas, 5, 38640 Playa de la Américas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 79 77 59
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday 1:00PM to 11:00PM, Saturday 1:30PM to 11:00PM, Sunday 4:00PM to 11:00PM
- Website: www.thaibotanicotenerife.com
9. Imperial Tai-Pan
Imperial Tai-Pan is a popular restaurant that serves Chinese cuisine, sushi, and Teppanyaki. All the dishes are made from the freshest ingredients and blended with the right herbs and spices which make for a tasty treat. Guests may dine in one of the contemporarily decorated eating areas inside or eat alfresco. Imperial Tai-Pan is famous not just for their amazing food but also for their entertaining table shows.
- Name: Imperial Tai-Pan
- Address: Centro Comercial Safari, Av. las Américas, 5, 38660 Playa de la Américas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 79 53 95
- Opening hour:
- Holiday: Monday to Saturday 1:30PM to 11:30PM, Sunday 1:30PM to 11:00PM
- Website: www.imperialtaipanrestaurant.com
10. Gulliver’s Grillhouse
Located in Golf del Sur, Gulliver’s Grillhouse is a popular place especially for couples as the restaurant has a romantic and cozy ambiance. They serve good steak and fresh seafood dishes. Two of their best dishes are the Fillet Steak with Roquefort Sauce and the Smoked Salmon. They also accept takeaway orders for those who would rather eat outside the restaurant.
- Name: Gulliver’s Grillhouse
- Address: Bungalow no. 2, Calle Trasera San Blas, Central Commerical Golf del sur, 38639, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 73 83 03
- Opening hour: Daily 6:30PM to 11PM
- Website: www.gullivers.golfdelsur.eu
11. Sal Negra
If you’re in the mood for tapas and wine, Sal Negra is the perfect place. The restaurant’s menu changes daily depending on the fresh ingredients available. They do, however, serve a lot of fish courses and one of their specialties is the squid sandwich. They have a very impressive wine selection. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and will willingly you with your order.
- Name: Sal Negra
- Address: Avda. La Habana Centro Comercial San Telmo Local 13 b, Los Cristianos, 38650 Arona, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 79 67 88
- Opening hour: Daily 9:00AM to 11:30PM
- Website: www.grupopiccolo.com/salnegra
12. BB Restaurant
Located in the esteemed Baobab Suites, the BB Restaurant is a small and trendy establishment known for its good food and amazing service. They serve international dishes such as Italian, Japanese, and of course, Canarian. Handmade ravioli, sirloin steak, and Marsala chicken are just some of their tasty treats. Aside from the food and service, the view from the BB Restaurant is also breathtakingly beautiful.
- Name: BB Restaurant
- Address: 5 Costa Adeje, Calle Roques del Salmor, 5, 38660 Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 822 07 00 30
- Opening hour: Daily 10:00AM to 10:30PM
- Website: www.baobabsuites.com/gastronomia/bb-restaurante/
13. Tasca El Callejón
Tasca El Callejon is the perfect place to try Tenerife’s local cuisine. Created by the renowned chef Braulio Simancas, the food in Tasca El Callejon is a fusion of tradition and modernity. Their menu is impressive and they even have gluten-free options. The service is very good and they have an English speaking team who will help you with your order.
- Name: Tasca El Callejón
- Address: Callejón del Combate, 9, 38001 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 24 49 76
- Opening hour: Tuesday to Thurday 1:00PM to 4:00PM, 7:30 to 11:00PM; Friday and Saturday 1:00PM to 11:00PM; Sunday 1:00PM to 4:00PM
- Holiday: Monday
- Website: www.tascaelcallejon.com
14. Tasca Tierras del Sur
Located in Granadilla de Abona, Tasca Tierras del Sur is known for their huge selection of Spanish tapas that are traditionally prepared. They also serve excellent Canarian cuisine and a number of original dishes for a very good price. The wine selection is also pretty good. The ambiance inside the restaurant is nice and warm and the service is more than satisfactory.
- Name: Tasca Tierras del Sur
- Address: Calle Pedro González Gómez, 20, 38600 Granadilla, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 77 14 82
- Opening hour: Monday to Friday 7:00PM to 11:30PM
- Holiday: Saturday and Sunday
- Website: www.tascatierrasdelsur.com
15. Mesón Castellano
More than 20 years in the business, Mesón Castellano is known for its traditional cooking and warm hospitality. The restaurant is located in Las Americas and has a rugged yet refined interior. They serve traditional Spanish tapas and local Canarian cuisine, all moderately priced. They also boast an impressive selection of locally produced wines. The staff is friendly and the service is good.
- Name: Mesón Castellano
- Address: Av. Antonio Dominguez, 38-40, 38640 Playa de la Américas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Phone:+34 922 79 63 05
- Opening hour: Daily 1:00PM to 1AM
- Website: www.mesoncastellano.com/es/
Celebrate being in the paradise-like island of Tenerife with good food. Try these restaurants and have a wonderful gastronomic adventure!
Have a good trip and travel!