Malaga, Spain is a melting pot of cultures that have spanned the constant change of time. With these cultural mixes are amazing culinary to be explored. This place offers a smorgasbord of gastronomic delights, from the classic tapas to fine French cuisine, hamburgers, and Argentinean steaks. The food seen in Malaga is a reflection of its people and history. If you find yourself hungry and wondering what to eat, here are some of our picks to get you started in the right direction.
1. Ciao Carreteria 69
Located a bit off the center is a short walk to this little gem for fine Italian food and pizza. Ciao Carreteria 69 is a family friendly restaurant and always ready for a hungry crowd. The attentive staff will be sure to take care of those hunger pains. With a fully stocked bar and an appetizing menu, Ciao will delight your taste buds.
- Name: Ciao Carreteria 69
- Address: Carreteria 69, 29008 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 10 – € 20
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun, 11 am – 12 am
- Phone: +34 95 222 0326
- Website: http://www.ciaopizza.es
2. Restaurante Amador
Restaurante Amador will provide you with an amazing dining experience. This restaurant is situated atop the city. Gaze upon Malaga as you dine in excellence. The unique food and stunning wine list coupled with the talented staff will comfort and satisfy the soul. For a breathtaking dining experience, Restaurante Amador is a great choice for a wonderful time.
- Name: Restaurante Amador
- Address: Calle Bandaneira 6 | Urb. El Atabal, Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 25 – € 35
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun, 12 pm – 4 pm, 8 pm – 11 pm
- Phone: +34 952 43 28 62
- Website: http://www.villaguadalupe.com
3. Sabor a Fuego
About a 12-minute walk from the city center is Sabor a Fuego. This restaurant is tucked away by the roadside, which can be very busy, so do not miss its offering of reasonably priced steaks and tapas. Sabor a Fuego offers a delightful atmosphere with the beach just a block away. A quick stroll to the beach after having a fill in this restaurant goes well together.
- Name: Sabor a Fuego
- Address: Paseo de Sancha, 30 | 30 Local, 29016 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 10 – € 35
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun 1230 pm – 4 pm, 8 pm – 12 am
- Phone: +34 951 71 56 56
- Website: http://www.sabor-a-fuego.eltenedor.rest/en_GB
4. La Luz de Candela
Take a stroll and stumble upon La Luz de Candela about 100 meters from the main center. Here, you will get to enjoy the slow cooked meals, tapas, and steaks. The staff enjoys good humor, be prepared to enjoy yourself. With full wine list and a decent menu billing, you are sure to gush over this place.
- Name: La Luz de Candela
- Address: Calle Dos Aceras, 18-20, 29012 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 4 – € 20
- Opening hour: Tue – Sat 1130 am – 330 pm, 730 pm – 1130 pm.
- Phone: +34 95 138 2251
- Website: http://www.la-luz-de-candela.com
5. Toro Muelle Uno
Take the bull by the horns at Toro Muelle Uno, our next stop. Toro offers up great steaks with traditional Spanish delights. Try the samples, which are properly paired with fine wines of the region. Sit back and enjoy the fine food or this restaurant while taking in the beautiful view of the sea.
- Name: Toro Muelle Uno
- Address: CC Muelle Uno, 29001 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 10 – € 35
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun, 12 pm – 12 am
- Phone: +34 951 10 92 09
- Website: http://www.toromuelleuno.com
6. La Recova
With what seems to be an antique shop is an eclectic eatery that offers great breakfast dining. Enjoy the tasty coffee and the hearty menu. This wonderful place to gather friends and family in the mornings is just perfect to start the day right. At any time of the day, you can also check the local beers and wines that are available with the menu price that you cannot beat.
- Name: La Recova
- Address: Pasaje Nuestra Senora de los Dolores de San Juan, 5, 29005 Malaga, Spain
- Price: €6 – € 20
- Opening hour: Mon – Fri, 830 am – 4 pm. Sat 830 am – 2 pm Closed Sunday
- Phone: +34 95 221 6794
- Website: http://www.larecova.es
7. La Tranca
Sing along and laugh in La Tranca. This small but lively spot is a must-try. It can be very busy here so be prepared for a loud night out. Boasting of nostalgia with its music posts upon the wall from the 60’s & 70’s, wonderful times are sure to be had. The traditional tapas, barreled wines, and vermouth will make for some mouth-watering good time.
- Name: La Tranca
- Address: Carreteria 93, 29008 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 5 – € 15
- Opening hour: Mon – Thu, 1230 pm – 2 am. Fri – Sat 1230 pm – 3 am. Sun 1230 pm – 5 pm
- Phone: +34 615 02 96 69
- Website: http://www.latranca.es
Riosol Restaurant is a great venue for big events equipped large group parties. This place has what you need to make the memories of a lifetime. This place is popular for parties like baptisms, weddings, birthdays, and other occasions. The charming staff will make any event a breeze. For you to enjoy a hassle-free party, call Riosol and you will finally get to enjoy yourself at your own gala.
- Name: Riosol
- Address: Carretera de Totalan 8 | La Cala del Moral, 29720 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 18 – € 38
- Opening hour: Tue – Sun, 12 pm – 8 pm
- Phone: + 34 952 405 390
- Website: http://www.restauranteriosol.com
9. Vineria Cervantes
Reservations here are a good idea as this small venue offers up some amazing food. This restaurant can be very busy especially during the weekends and holidays. The menu is reasonably priced with the big servings. With an abundant amount of food on the plates, you may need a doggy bag. Half orders are also available so you can leave room for dessert.
- Name: Vineria Cervantes
- Address: Calle Carcer 10 | Malaga, 29012 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 15 – € 25
- Opening hour: Tue – Sun, 330 pm – 1145 pm
- Phone: +34 951 43 97 09
- Website: http://www.vineriacervantes.com
10. La Alvaroteca
For a one of a kind gastro delight, La Alvaroteca is an imaginative and creative place to get your eats. With dishes like the Moving Tuna, will leave you wondering how this palate favorite was cooked. Watch out for the carefully chosen cutlery pieces and plates on your table. The colorful plates and amazing presentation will surprise the eyes and the appetite.
- Name: La Alvaroteca
- Address: C/ Gerona 39 (A 5 Min. Estacion Renfe Maria Zambrano- Vialia) 29006, 29006 Malaga, Spain
- Opening hour: Mon – Sat, 130 pm – 430 pm, 830 pm – 1130 pm. Sun 130 pm – 4 pm
- Phone: +34 680 62 52 14
11. Angus Muelle Uno
What makes a great steak well at Angus Muelle Uno are the hand-cuts of Argentinean beef. Cut to order from freshest pieces to be grilled over the open flame you will get to enjoy this sumptuous menu in chewable pieces. Complemented with the beautiful view of the port, your dining experience will be a memorable one. This restaurant opens late so you can stop in while out enjoying the port area attractions.
- Name: Angus Muelle Uno
- Address: Paseo de la Farola, Muelle 1 | Local 55, 29001 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 25 – € 35
- Opening hour: Mon – Sun, 12 pm – 12 am
- Phone: +34 952 00 11 20
- Website: http://www.angusmuelleuno.com
12. La Burguesita
La Burguesita is a burger place known for its tender and juicy sandwiches. There are many flavors to choose when ordering your perfect burger. If you want a heavy meal, you can choose the bigger size burgers in the menu. With the variety of flavors and extra trimmings, this small burger place will surely put a smile on your face.
- Name: La Burguesita
- Address: Moreno Monroy, 5, 29015 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 8 – € 15
- Opening hour: Tue – Sat, 130 pm – 430 pm. 830 pm – 1130 pm Sun – Mon 8 pm – 1130 pm
- Phone: +34 69 132 9703
- Website: http://www.laburguesitamalaga.com
13. Antigua Casa de Guardia
Don’t bother looking for a place to sit because there are no seats here. Walk up to the bar, order a drink, and start to have a good time. A small side order to accompany the sweet wines is also something we suggest. This old style Spanish pub has you order on the go. Antigua Casa de Guardia is a cool spot. When you are done, they will chalk up your tab right there on the counter. So do not get feel too hurried, this is just the way Antigua operates. Quick, fast, and easy!
- Name: Antigua Casa de Guardia
- Address: Alameda Principal, 18, 29005 Malaga, Spain
- Opening hour: Mon – Thu, 10 am – 10 pm. Fri – Sat 10 am – 1045 pm. Sun 1030 am – 330 pm
- Phone: +34 952 21 46 80
14. La Brujhada
You can have a bit of the French countryside cuisine in La Brujhada Restaurant. There is always something to surprise the pallet especially with the menu that changes month to month. The staff is accommodating, they are eager to answer any query you may have about what to order and what wines go well with it. This is a great place to hang out with a date.
- Name: La Brujhada
- Address: Calle San Agustin, 11, 29015 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 8 – € 42
- Opening hour: Wed – Sun, 1230 pm – 4 pm. 730 pm – 1130 pm
- Phone: +34 951 46 98 27
- Website: http://www.labrujhada.com
15. Tapas y Pintxos Gastro Bar Terral
Tapas y Pintxos Gastro Bar Terral offers up some of the traditional food in Malaga. If beers and tapas to satisfy the hunger is what you need then this is your place. Find yourself here enjoying the finest of food and ambience to make you trip complete. The restaurant is away from the city center. Off the beaten path, this little gem is a worth the while.
- Name: Tapas y Pintxos Gastro Bar Terral
- Address: Calle Martinez Maldonado, 77, 29007 Malaga, Spain
- Price: € 4 – € 25
- Opening hour: Mon – Fri, 1 pm – 4 pm. 8 pm – 11 pm
- Phone: +34 95 188 2514
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/gastrobarterral
You will certainly get enamored with Malaga. This city does not only offer culture, history, and the best attractions. The restaurants are also something that takes center stage. These places will give you a glimpse of the traditions of Spanish life. More importantly, the flavors of Malaga will take you back in time. So…
Have a good trip and travel!