Being a Muslim tourist in a country like Japan, the Halal food consumption is a crucial matter to think about. If you are in Osaka, you can find out many such places that will not only facilitate you with Halal certified cuisines, they will be quite relaxing enough to spend comfortable moments there. Here is the list of 10 Halal restaurants in Osaka that will enable you to have Halal food easily during your stay there.
1. Cafe Bintang
Cafe Bintang is a pure Halal restaurant that offers Indonesian cuisine. The restaurant is owned by the Muslim owners and ensure about the Halal food certification of the restaurant as well. You can easily access the place that is located at a distance of 222 meters from Shinsaibashi. The restaurant is spacious with friendly staff that will make you feel at home.
- Name: Cafe Bintang
- Address: 1-19-19 Higashishinsaibashi Chuo-ku Osaka
- Phone: +81 6-6241-8955
- Price: : 1,000 – 1,999 JPY (Lunch) | 2,000 – 2,999 JPY (Dinner)
- Access: 222 meters distance from Shinsaibashi
- Opening hour: Tue – Fri : 18:00 hours | Sat-Sun: 12:00 hours (Lunch), 18:00 hours (Dinner)
- Closing hour: Tue – Fri :23:00 hours | Sat-Sun: 15:00 hours (Lunch), 23:00 hours (Dinner)
- Holiday: Monday
2. Ali’s Kitchen
If you are Pakistani cuisine lover or wants to experiment a new Halal food, try Ali’s Kitchen in Osaka. The restaurant welcomes the visitors with a warm and cozy atmosphere with a plethora of Halal and delicious foods. You can have the taste of tempting Biryani, Hummus, Brain Masala, Rice Kebab and a lot more. Due to a diverse menu set by the restaurant’s management, you will find Pakistanis, Indians as well as Arabs and Malaysians there in a large number. The owner of the restaurant is very friendly with customers.
- Name: Ali’s Kitchen
- Address: 1-10-12 Shinsaibashi Suji, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
- Phone: +81 6-4708-5745
- Price: 999 JPY (Lunch) | 1,000 – 1,000 JPY (Dinner)
- Access: 77 meters from Shinsaibashi
- Opening hour: 11:00 hours (Lunch) | 17:00 hours (Dinner)
- Closing hour: 15:00 hours(Lunch) | 23:30 hours (Dinner)
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://aliskitchen.jp/index.html
3. Ganko Osaka Hozenji Store
The place has been popular for its Sushi but offers other tempting cuisines to relish on. Although, it is not a complete Halal restaurant but offers some Muslim friendly menus that are set specifically to serve Muslim customers. You will experience the Japanese style architecture there and will find comfortable as well. The Muslim customers can enjoy halal grilled chicken, boiled snow crab, noodles, smoked salmon shrimp and a lot more varieties. These menus do not incorporate any pork products and alcohol.
- Name: Ganko Osaka Hozenji Store
- Address: 1-2-2 Namba, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 542-0076
- Phone: +81 6-6212-6550
- Opening hour: Mon-Fri: 11:30 hours (Lunch) | 17:00 hours (Dinner), Sat-Sun/Public: 11:30 hours
- Closing hour: Mon-Fri:14:30 hours(Lunch) | 23:00 hours (Dinner), Sat-Sun/Public: 23:00 hours
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://www.gankofood.co.jp/shop/detail/wa-houzenji/
4. Istanbul Sultan
While searching for Halal food in Osaka, Turkish cuisine would definitely be alluring for you. Istanbul Sultan is a very nice place to dine in with tremendous Turkish food. The restaurant is quite spacious and sounds lovely with an exotic decor. You will find a variety of Turkish foods including, vegetables, soups, desserts and rice. Although, the restaurant serves Halal food but it offers belly dance show for visitors only on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Name: Istanbul Sultan
- Address: AD Bldg. B1F, 2-3-12 Minamihommachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
- Phone: +81-6-6264-6585
- Price: : 3,000 JPY (Avg)
- Access: 1 minute walk from Sakaisuji Honmachi Station
- Opening hour: 17:30 hours
- Closing hour: 22:30 hours
- Holiday: Sunday
- Website: http://www.istanbulsultan.net/
The spices of Indian cuisine will give you an everlasting taste. A number of Indian restaurants in Osaka serve pure Halal food. Mithila is one of such restaurants that offers pure Indian Halal food. You can try the soft and crispy Naan while having the delicacies of Tandoori Chicken , Chicken Biryani and different types of curries.The restaurant also entertains its visitors by screening different Indian movies.
- Name: Mithila
- Address: Hiramatsue Bldg. 2F, 1-6-14 Dotonbori, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
- Phone: +81 6-6484-0480
- Price: 600 – 3,000 JPY (Avg)
- Opening hour: 11:30 hours (Lunch) | 17:00 hours (Dinner)
- Closing hour: 15:00 hours (Lunch) | 23:00 hours (Dinner)
- Holiday: Mon-Tue: 11:30 – 15:00 hours
- Website: http://mithila.jp
6. Tsuki no Odori
If you are a chicken freak and want to consume Halal chicken, Tsuki no Odori has everything to get you enthralled with. The restaurant is located at the end of Osaka’s popular food street Dotonbori. Being the chicken specialist, the restaurant offers tempting dishes like fried chicken wings, chicken heart Yakitori and some non-chicken dishes like grilled yam. They have an English menu available and the staff can speak quite good English. So, you will be completely relaxed in Tsuki no Odori while having super delicious BBQ.
- Name: Tsuki no Odori
- Address: 24K Bldg. 2F, 1-1-11 Dotombori, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
- Phone: +81 6-6213-9988
- Opening hour: 16:00 hours
- Closing hour: 24:00 hours
- Holiday: Thursday
- Website: http://tsukinoodori.wix.com/tsukinoodori-1
7. Malaysian Boleh
While being in Osaka for a trip, it is recommended enjoy the delicacies of cuisines from different countries. The halal restaurants serving Malaysian food are worth visiting. Malaysian Boleh is one of such Malaysian restaurants offering Halal cuisines. Try Chicken satay, Nasi Goreng and other typical Malaysian soups and varieties at very affordable price. Moreover, the environment is very pleasant with an impeccable service by the staff.
- Name: Malaysian Boleh
- Address: 1-4-20 Oyodo-minami, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi
- Phone: +81 6-6450-1128
- Price: Lunch: 850 Jpy | Dinner: 3,000 JPY
- Access: 8 – minute walk from JR Osaka Station | 10 – minute walk from JR Fukushima station
- Opening hour: Monday – Sunday & Holiday Lunch: 11:30 hours | Monday – Sunday & Holiday Dinner: 17:30
- Closing hour: Monday – Sunday & Holiday Lunch: 14:30 hours | Monday – Sunday & Holiday Dinner: 23:00 hours
- Holiday: Tuesday
- Website: http://malaysia-boleh.com/
8. The French Blue
Being a Muslim tourist, you would definitely be worried related to the Halal menu while eating in the restaurants. But do not worry at all as Osaka is filled up with restaurants offering Halal cuisines. If you are bored of Japanese, Malaysian or Indian food, give a try to French food this time. The French Blue is an exotic place to spend some relishing moments while consuming Halal French food. They ensure that Halal course menus are 100% halal and do not incorporate any kind of animal oil or alcohol. The staff is quite friendly and in the case of any queries, the Muslim staff will be helpful for you.
- Name: The French Blue
- Address: Tenmanbashi Coop 1F, 2-2-10 Shima-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
- Phone: +81 6-6809-4608
- Opening hour: Lunch: 11:30 hours | Dinner: 17:30 hours
- Closing hour: 14:00 hours | Dinner: 20:30 hours
- Holiday: Wednesday
- Website: http://the-frenchblue.com/
9. Toh – Lee
Toh-Lee is a Chinese restaurant located in Hotel Nikko, Osaka. In order to have an authentic Chinese cuisine with a pop of Japanese style, Toh-Lee is a good place to enjoy a meal at. Alongside other options, purely Halal course menus are available. No Pork and No alcohol menu options are the best ones to fulfill the needs of a Muslim tourist. A very cozy courtyard style environment is furnished with modern architecture to make customers relaxed.
- Name: Toh-Lee
- Address: 1-3-3 Nishi-Shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka city, Osaka
- Phone: +81-6-6244-2455
- Price: Lunch: From 1,00 JPY | Dinner: From 5,800 JPY
- Access: Directly connected to exit no.8 of Shinsaibashi station of Osaka
- Opening hour: Lunch: 11:30 hours | Dinner: 17:30 hours
- Closing hour: Lunch: 14:30 hours | Dinner: 21:30 hours
- Holiday: None
- Website: http://www.hno.co.jp/english/restaurant/restaurant.html#tohlee
When you have enjoyed a variety of styles in cuisines while staying in Osaka, then why to forget Persian cuisine? A very authentic taste of Persian food with good service can be enjoyed at Hafez restaurant. The restaurant pleases customers with a nice environment having Persian and sometimes Turkish music. Enjoy the traditional Pillav, Naan and Rice varieties at the restaurant while listening to the Persian music.
- Name: Hafez
- Address: 2F, 1-2-14, Kitahorie, Nishi-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka, 550-0014
- Phone: +81 6-6538-8830
- Access: 1-minute walk from Yotsubashi Line Yotsubashi Station Exit 5 | 5 – minute walk from Subway Midosuji Line Shinsaibashi Station Exit 7
- Opening hour: 11:00 hours
- Closing hour: 23:00 hours
- Website: http://hafez.jp/
All these Halal restaurants will definitely fulfill your needs and be a source of joy for you. You can further check out the reviews of these restaurants through TripAdvisor, Facebook, and other social channels.
Have a good trip and travel!